• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSGames

Aquanox said:
This has probably been asked a thousand of times but...

How many views had the Halo 3 original thread before it was accidentally deleted? Just out of curiosity.

If you're trying to compete with the Killzone 2 thread don't worry about it. Most PS3 exclusives get above the norm view counts on this forum compared to everything else. In the grand scheme of things it means nothing. Sales and critical acclaim are what most important.

EazyB

Banned
vhfive said:
As a 3rd party who has played with these people i can deduce "who done it?"
:lol

As per your recommendation the Valhalla Cold Case Team investigated Eazy further and have determined him to be the killer. He's been awarded a great sum of money and nominated "Cool Dude of the Year."

Domino Theory said:
New Mythbusters. Pretty good one, too, although Eazy will not like one of the Busted Myths at all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiIZVueVjMQ
And the Elite persecution continues...

Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home.

Sir Fragula said:
We've a tradition here at work where the birthday person brings in a tonne of food for their department. I'm now stuffed and incapable of focusing on my spreadsheet.

Yea, having a ton of food to eat at work would be awesome. Especially if all you did was eat pizza and sit around all do. :D

That Halo Mythbusters episode was pretty cool. The Elites running at the end were hilarious.

Kibbles

Sandbox Toolkit at Bungie.net!

lolwut

golfclub.png

Oh and you get 4 killballs, or 2 pairs as urk words it :lol
*Earlier updates indicated that there would only be two Kill Balls present simultaneously on Sandbox at any given time. Turns out we sold ourselves short. You get two pairs to play with. Go nuts.

Sibylus

Banned
Four Deathsacks, eh?

"Be fruitful and multiply" indeed!

I'm going to go and walk around Gephyrophobia at some point today to get a feel for the scale and geometry, probably will take some screens for reference.

EazyB

Banned
Would've liked to see some massive flat objects so that I could create flooring (without interlocking the blocks together) or raise the level I'm building on more easily but I can't complain, the list of objects looks hot. Seems like there's a great variety of pieces so I can spend less time interlocking to make the right shapes and more time designing.

I still want to mess around with a budget glitched map, of course it wouldn't be for MM but judging from the amount of objects to play around with, you could create some ridiculous maps with an unlimited budget.

GhaleonEB

Grimm Fandango said:
What's the number to the left of the item? Maximum on map?
Yup.

I wonder - will there be any visual difference between the Transport and regular Hornet variants? In the instance when both appear on the same map, people will want to know which they are hopping into, and which they are engaging in combat.
Strider2K99 said:
Ghaleon, in the op, the least you can do is change Halo 3: Recon to Halo 3: ODST now. :p
Fixed, I think. I'm working on a major OP overhaul for those who still read it. And apparantly some do. :p

Anyone want to do some (small) section banners?

News

Halo 3 DLC & Halo 3 ODST

Community Resources

Official Films

EazyB

Banned
Urk, quick clarification:
The Final Word

* Use it or Lose It - You have 640 total objects at your disposal, including the objects Bungie's designers have placed on the map in it's default layout.
* Don't Canvas - Instead of making a blank slate by deleting all the objects, simply move them to the side while you build and you'll be in control of the full 640 objects.
Is that 640 objects or $640 worth of objects.

I'm guessing it's just the budget limit as Foundry's is $700 and if you factor in the pre-placed objects you're left with a similar number.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
I wonder - will there be any visual difference between the Transport and regular Hornet variants? In the instance when both appear on the same map, people will want to know which they are hopping into, and which they are engaging in combat.

Yeah, other than the fact that you can see the missile launchers, the standard Hornet is green and the Transport Hornet is gray.

EazyB said:

I'm guessing it's just the budget limit as Foundry's is $700 and if you factor in the pre-placed objects you're left with a similar number.

Total number of objects.

Sibylus

Banned
Heh, the counts are perfect for a Gephy remake.

-4 Banshees (2 per long platform on top level)
-4 Ghosts (2 per side on bottom level)
-4~ Warthogs (2~ per side)

-4 Sniper Rifles (2 per long platform on top level)

I'll investigate other weapon spawns shortly.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Yeah, other than the fact that you can see the missile launchers, the standard Hornet is green and the Transport Hornet is gray.
Haha. Hopefully the missile launchers are really obvious. I'm colorblind, so the grey/green distinction will be lost on me. I foresee many an ambush gone awry in my future. :lol

Thermite

EazyB said:

The wording in the second sentence makes me think that there's actually a total of 640 objects that you have to build with.

Edit: Beaten by the man himself.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
Haha. Hopefully the missile launchers are really obvious. I'm colorblind, so the grey/green distinction will be lost on me. I foresee many an ambush gone awry in my future. :lol

Sky Gauss reigns death. You'll know it when you see it, green or otherwise.

GhaleonEB said:
So what does Valhalla look like to you? Glad I can see the color green. I don't know how I could appreciate the beauty of "The Covenant" or "Halo (1)" without it.

GhaleonEB

The OP is getting a little love, because I'm bored. So stuff like this is going up:

Legendary Map Pack

Contents: Avalanche, Blackout, Ghost Town
Released: 4/15/2008
Price: Initially 800 MS Points, now 600 MS Points
Matchmaking Status: Required on XXXXXX Playlists
Resources: Bungie.net Designer Interviews: Ghost Town | Avalanche | Blackout | Videos: Trailer, "The Darkness" | Designer Walkthrough, "Mapmaker, Mapmaker, Make Me a Map"

Not useful for us, but I'm hoping it will be something we can point new/lapsed players to.

Dax01 said:
So what does Valhalla look like to you? Glad I can see the color green. I don't know how I could appreciate the beauty of "The Covenant" or "Halo (1)" without it.
I can see bright green just fine. Red/green colorblindness more subtle than most people think. Bright red and bright green are just fine. It's the softer shades and when they are in proximity of other colors that problems arise.

Go through this:

http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm

I can see the demonstration plate numbers, and none of the others. They are just a bunch of dots.

OMG yes, so excited for this to come out.

My dream for Halo 3 sumo has come.

My dream for Halo Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash has come true.

Life is good

FourDoor

GhaleonEB said:
I'm working on a major OP overhaul for those who still read it. And apparantly some do. :p

Anyone want to do some (small) section banners?

News

Halo 3 DLC & Halo 3 ODST

Community Resources

Official Films

Here is a quicky and basic set if nobody steps up:

GAF-H3-News.gif

GAF-H3-DLC-ODST.gif

GAF-H3-Community.gif

GAF-H3-OfficialFilms.gif

FourDoor said:
Here is a quicky and basic set if nobody steps up:

GAF-H3-News.gif

GAF-H3-DLC-ODST.gif

GAF-H3-Community.gif

GAF-H3-OfficialFilms.gif
:lol :lol

GhaleonEB said:
I can see bright green just fine. Red/green colorblindness more subtle than most people think. Bright red and bright green are just fine. It's the softer shades and when they are in proximity of other colors that problems arise.

Go through this:

http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm

I can see the demonstration plate numbers, and none of the others. They are just a bunch of dots.
I kind of have a heard time seeing those numbers myself.

FourDoor

LOL Hey H3 Font must be better than boldfaced type. :lol

I should change it so that the colors are even harder to see for the colorblind here.

GhaleonEB

FourDoor said:
LOL Hey H3 Font must be better than boldfaced type. :lol

I should change it so that the colors are even harder to see for the colorblind here.
Those are great. I'll rehost'em and use'em later tonight. It's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Botolf said:
"Urk, what does Bungie say about Sandtrap's total dollar value?"

"It's over nine-thousaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!!"
:lol I know you meant Sandbox. All these sand prefixes are getting people confused. Couldn't Bungle have just taken a page from Eazy and called it "THE BEST MAP EVER"?

Sibylus

Banned
backflip10019 said:
:lol I know you meant Sandbox. All these sand prefixes are getting people confused. Couldn't Bungle have just taken a page from Eazy and called it "THE BEST MAP EVER"?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Perfection, stolen :<

Kibbles

backflip10019 said:
They should've left "Sand Trap" as "Shrine". =)

Reminder to all: I will capture vids for you guys and upload them in high quality on YouTube. I don't have HD awesome-sauce like urk did, but the quality is not bad. I'm using an internal capture card, and I hope to get a s-video cable for my 360 > Capture Card soon. (However, monies may have to be spent on Halo Wars and/or iPod Touch 2G) So far I only got one request, which I've fulfilled already. Keep em' coming.

Kibbles

I can't wait to golf as a monitor. Just set up balls and holes, then change into a monitor and swing the club around. I predict awesome golfing maps inbound. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom