• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EazyB

Banned
fin said:
I was watching Judge Judy on Q13 Fox Seattle. I guess Seattle got snowed on yesturday. Must've been rough for the Bungie folks to get to work. It kinda funny seeing all the chaos on the news, hopefully no one got hurt. But it's like that for about 4 months out of the year where I'm from.
Weather's been crazy here. Snow, hail, rain, and every type of precipitation in between. Sunny as hell right now though. Hopefully those bungie kids are workin hard and not having picnics in the golden rays instead.

Urk could use some sun though.
Kibbles said:
HeatMap.ashx

HeatMap.ashx

HeatMap.ashx

Oh and I'll record that clip and have it up within a hour.
I was just checking the heatmaps page this morning thinking they might have the mythic maps up there :lol

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
The little images that show up in your game stats on B.net:

http://www.bungie.net/images/Halo3Stats/Maps/largemaps/assembly.jpg
assembly.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/Halo3Stats/Maps/largemaps/orbital.jpg
orbital.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/Halo3Stats/Maps/largemaps/sandbox.jpg
sandbox.jpg

And you can see a little pano-esque shot when you go into your Career Stats and select the map (they're in there, now, too).
Not sure if these are what you meant, but the heatmaps are up now as well.

Edit: just saw what you were talking about. Neato.

SandboxHeat.jpg

OrbitalHeat.jpg

AssemblyHeat.jpg

Edit:
Kibbles said:
HeatMap.ashx

HeatMap.ashx

HeatMap.ashx

Oh and I'll record that clip and have it up within a hour.
Do'h!

FourDoor

I've been meaning to look more but haven't found a link (if it exists). Is there a mobile phone friendly version of Bungie.net?

The iPhone, at least with the older Bnet could never click on the Top news stories properly for me. The new version works better now but it would still be nice to view bnet on a simplified scale.

Why are there no Elites in ODST? Elites were still bad guys when Earth was invaded...

Also, what is Frankie doing these days? Anybody hear from/about him (career-wise)?

EazyB

Banned
I'm running into some issues trying to look at the hi-res screens. I'm using Firefox. I don't know if they're currently in the process of adding pictures (used to be out of 159 and now it's 164) but when I click on the first image it sorta randomly brings me to one out of the first few screens. And then when I try to enlarge the screen it only shows me a sliver of the screen and I can't scroll sidewise to view the whole thing. Never ran into this before the update.

Merguson

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Why are there no Elites in ODST? Elites were still bad guys when Earth was invaded...

Also, what is Frankie doing these days? Anybody hear from/about him (career-wise)?

He's ruining Halo. I provided irrefutable evidence in my essay.

GhaleonEB

IGN mentioned they are going to give hands-on impressions of the Mythic maps next week. And now Bungie.net is primed for them. Don't want to break out the jump to conclusions mat just yet, but that might mean they're getting ready to hit Marketplace so the press can download them. That or they're paying Bungie a visit.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The Lamonster said:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=16989
The thirteen day span between the dates of October 20th and November 2nd provided the High Prophet with all the time he needed to redeploy Brute-led Covenant forces, their mission objectives relayed sub rosa, into the heart of New Mombasa.
In other words, the Prophet of Truth used the thirteen days after Regret jumped to deploy Brutes to Earth during that first hour after Regret had jumped.

No, but seriously, fictionally, they'll come up with something. Truth had Brutes trailing Regret and they moved in when Regret jumped. Something like that. It won't be a hard sell, I don't think.

EazyB

Banned
The also added a little something to the heatmaps so you can change the "influence". It used to be that 90% of the map was solid red because the default influence was pretty high. Now you can lower it (or raise it) so reading the locations is much more detailed and easier.

GhaleonEB said:
IGN mentioned they are going to give hands-on impressions of the Mythic maps next week. And now Bungie.net is primed for them. Don't want to break out the jump to conclusions mat just yet, but that might mean they're getting ready to hit Marketplace so the press can download them. That or they're paying Bungie a visit.
Hopefully their impressions will be accompanied by a video or ten.
Mr Vociferous said:
reign.png

Not too bad for a "by memory mock up" on a napkin in a hotel room. Especially given the fact that most of the time I was playing the map, I had seven other kids running at me with ARs blaring. :D
Holy shit, that's pretty damn good. I never did check out your write-up on the map (cause we discussed the shit out of it while I suckled on my chocolate milk) but it's crazy that you were able to remember all that.

Cocopjojo said:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=16989

In other words, the Prophet of Truth used the thirteen days after Regret jumped to deploy Brutes to Earth during that first hour after Regret had jumped.

No, but seriously, fictionally, they'll come up with something. Truth had Brutes trailing Regret and they moved in when Regret jumped. Something like that. It won't be a hard sell, I don't think.
Thanks man. I'm really not too upset about it. I didn't miss them in Halo 3.

Actually I do miss their Halo 1 rage yell after losing shields :lol

NG28

Anyone know if/when the last released maps are going to be free? I was holding off because I knew the new maps were coming soon, and they usually release the old ones for free after awhile yeah?

NG28 said:
Anyone know if/when the last released maps are going to be free? I was holding off because I knew the new maps were coming soon, and they usually release the old ones for free after awhile yeah?
"there are no plans to make the Legendary pack free"

just buy it mang

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
NG28 said:
They have in the past, yes, but this time around, things seem to be different. I'd hold off for another month or two (if you can), at least til April 10th, and see if they go free when the Mythic Maps release. If they aren't made free by then, then there's no telling if it will ever happen.

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
"there are no plans to make the Legendary pack free ever"

just buy it mang
Fixed. Might be worth waiting until the Mythic maps are out to be sure, but it does sound like Legendary will not be free this time around.

Methinks Legendary and Mythic won't go free, that way if they remain at 600/800pts it'll add perceived value to Halo 3: ODST when its released (and then MS can justify a $60 price tag)

Everything is transpiring as I have foreseen.... something, something, something dark side.

The Lamonster said:
  1. Why are there no Elites in ODST? Elites were still bad guys when Earth was invaded...
  2. Also, what is Frankie doing these days? Anybody hear from/about him (career-wise)?
  1. As urk points out in the update Cocop linked, Truth had been hatching his scheme against the Elites for some time prior to the events of Halo 2. Regret's failure and the scenario which played out afterward only emboldened him to further his plans locally. It makes sense to believe that he had always insured that there was an active Brute element planetside for locating and securing the Ark's gateway. It hasn't been explained if this element was within Regret's fleet or not -- but it is presumed that they were separate. Regret's forces were relatively small: two assault carriers (one which the Chief destroyed almost immediately; the other had Regret onboard) and thirteen CSS-class cruisers. Only one CSS cruiser packed full of Jiralhanae would likely be needed.
  2. Part time Maud'dib; full time Reverend Mother of Halo fiction.

FourDoor

But Sketch came to the rescue in the nick of time, falling back on his mad AV skills to remove the red audio cable from the red video input and restore the picture to a normal, viewable state. Disaster adverted.

We're pretty sure the online team sneaked into the office several weeks ago and tried to take our ringer out of the game (turns out Luke has been using his monitor in such a state for quite some time - he is colorblind)

Is this true? Luke is colorblind? If so, it may explain a few things here... :lol

FourDoor said:
Is this true? Luke is colorblind? If so, it may explain a few things here... :lol

Anytime I mention I am color blind, people send me this ....

a559_bm.gif

now if I only knew what it said :lol

Kibbles said:
Holy shit Shishka. :lol

*shishka owning*[IMG][/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing :lol

NG28

Looks like I might wait until the Mythic Maps release then, just in case. Anyone ever have trouble connecting to friends on H3? We can play CoD4 together fine, but anytime we play Halo it has to be when we are home from college, because then we don't get network issues. All other games work fine though.

EazyB

Banned
Humpday said:
We're pretty sure the online team sneaked into the office several weeks ago and tried to take our ringer out of the game (turns out Luke has been using his monitor in such a state for quite some time - he is colorblind)...
:lol

Glad to see the Humpdays are prepping for a return; they're always pretty entertaining.

Disappointed to see warthog's rolling around Sandbox when the chopper shoulda been doing work instead of blowing up.

sm_ShishkaBoom.jpg

It's no wonder Shiska won't put the chopper on Valhalla. I'll give you 1 on 1 chopper training sessions for 1600 point cards.

Captain Blood said:
Mine is pending in my download queue waiting for me to turn on my xbox :( Maybe it is because I had downloaded it in the past? That is weird.
I resnagged the content after my HDD failed using xbox.com. Sometimes you have to click the link a few times before the region thing doesn't pop up.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
EazyB said:
It's no wonder Shiska won't put the chopper on Valhalla. I'll give you 1 on 1 chopper training sessions for 1600 point cards.
or free after 2 a.m. amirite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom