• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FourDoor said:
I've been meaning to look more but haven't found a link (if it exists). Is there a mobile phone friendly version of Bungie.net?

The iPhone, at least with the older Bnet could never click on the Top news stories properly for me. The new version works better now but it would still be nice to view bnet on a simplified scale.

I just tried it on the iPhone too, works quite nicely and fits the screen pretty well.

bnetiphone.jpg

Apart from that on the iPhone I use an RSS reader for Bnet news. The feeds are updated pretty frequently and then you can just click a story you like to open it in Safari.

GhaleonEB said:
Question: with the default objects consuming part of the budget of the map, and the soft ceiling preventing Monitors from flying to the top, is it possible to use 100% of the budget on the sky bubble?
Solid question. I'd guess that it would depend on whether or not you can move objects past the soft ceiling -- whether via the teleporter or by pushing the objects through the other side of the ceiling itself. Not sure if it'll ever been a practical issue, given the budget size itself, but it's definitely a reasonable question.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
Question: with the default objects consuming part of the budget of the map, and the soft ceiling preventing Monitors from flying to the top, is it possible to use 100% of the budget on the sky bubble?

There's a preset teleporter present on Sandbox when you're Forging to take you and any objects you want to the bubble area (and back down again).

:)

Tashi0106 said:
sorry I didn't respond to your invite backflip : ( played with 2 of my teamates against some pros in matchmaking today. shit was not pretty. we played against Naded, LegendJRG and Defy. We got our shit pushed in pretty damn hard. got a few games in with my complete team, won some, just lost to HS Lightking. shit is crazy out there hahaha

Yikes man, sounds rough. Yeah, I saw that you were playing with your team. No worries, we should get some games in later. Naded is pretty fucking good from the videos that I've seen of him.

Shishka

Works for Bungie
TDG said:
I really don't understand how the various shots of Orbital we've seen will go together, it's the only map that I don't really have a feel for.

Imagine horseshoes,
Stacked, offset, and then conjoined.
Orbital Haiku.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GM Bullfrog said:
Did anyone else think of this when you heard eazythoughts. :lol

http://benpheneverything.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/picture-17.png[/img[/QUOTE]
Hah, no. For some reason, I thought of The Office. Not sure why, though.

NOKYARD

GM Bullfrog said:
Did anyone else think of this when you heard eazythoughts. :lol

"My Grandfather died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming, like the other people in the car he was driving."
Jack Handey

EazyB

Banned
It just occurred to me that because deleting existing items from the default map is wasteful most forgers will of course follow Bungie's suggestion and use the all of these items. And since there are two choppers on the default map they'll be on ever custom map as well.

Choppers on ascension, choppers on boarding action, choppers on sanctuary, and so on.

So awesome.

FourDoor

EazyB said:
It just occurred to me that because deleting existing items from the default map is wasteful most forgers will of course follow Bungie's suggestion and use the all of these items. And since there are two choppers on the default map they'll be on ever custom map as well.

Choppers on ascension, choppers on boarding action, choppers on sanctuary, and so on.

So awesome.

Yes, Choppers will be in all forged sandbox maps... But will you be able to use them or will the choppers be use as base indicators stacked atop the bases that you can never reach. :(

<insert sad flight gif here>

EazyB

Banned
FourDoor said:
Yes, Choppers will be in all forged sandbox maps... But will you be able to use them or will the choppers be use as base indicators stacked atop the bases that you can never reach. :(

SadFlight.gif
"Aint no mountain high enough, aint no valley low... aint not rivah wide enough, to keep me away from mah choppah!"

FourDoor

:lol perfect gif...

But on the bright side, maybe the choppers can be used creatively. Imagine a chopper on a Lockout type level, sitting on a floating platform that can only be reached via a teleporter defending the flag/bomb point. Chopper of Power is born!!!! :lol

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Eazy, I have a (mental) map design that will feature Choppers in an interesting role.
It's hard to imagine the chopper doing anything besides what it normally does, mulching spartans and ripping apart vehicles, but consider me curious.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
backflip10019 said:
Yikes man, sounds rough. Yeah, I saw that you were playing with your team. No worries, we should get some games in later. Naded is pretty fucking good from the videos that I've seen of him.

hahaha they're sick. like, last week when I played against ElamiteWarrior, it was him with 2 of his goons, but last night it was 3 pros. Huge difference. Sick team shooting and set ups. I was tea bagging defy everytime I killed him though, it was pretty fun.

Arnie

Oh god, just encountered some stupid second acounters on Doubles. It irritates me, why create a second acount, it's only a game! People who are that othered about becoming a general need help.

-ARNiE- said:
Oh god, just encountered some stupid second acounters on Doubles. It irritates me, why create a second acount, it's only a game! People who are that othered about becoming a general need help.

Tell me about it.

"Oh look, two corporals. And they have a similar name, cute. This should be easy."

*loses game horribly*

-ARNiE- said:

Meh, I hate second accounters. By this point in my Halo-playing days, I can usually take them but it's still a pain in the ass. But you can't really blame them. Blame the idiots that buy General accounts for like $50. Retarded.

FourDoor

backflip10019 said:
Blame the idiots that buy General accounts for like $50. Retarded.

I usually like to introduce myself to these fake generals with a nice friendly teabag and offer them the opportunity to buy my Staff Captain rank for 1miiiiiiiiiiilion dollars! :lol

Arnie

FourDoor said:
I usually like to introduce myself to these fake generals with a nice friendly teabag and offer them the opportunity to buy my Staff Captain rank for 1miiiiiiiiiiilion dollars! :lol
:lol

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
It's hard to imagine the chopper doing anything besides what it normally does, mulching spartans and ripping apart vehicles, but consider me curious.
Well yeah, they'll still be doing that. Not sure what else they're good for, other than schweet jumps on Valhalla.

EazyB

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Just pre-ordered Halo Wars LE.

March 3 can't come soon enough.
*cue Dax* "awesome, we should play once Halo wars comes out"

V-Day Playlist

Enjoy a romantic weekend with your number 1 as you put the hurt on lesser couples.

Ah, February 14th. A time for acknowledging that special person in your life by treating them nice, or for acknowledging that person missing from your life by accusing the holiday of being another capitalist venture to trick willing consumer sheep into buying cheap candy. Bungie, full of love as we are, would like to make this weekend just a bit sweeter for all those reveling in the romance. Or the bitterness, if that's your thing.

Starting now (11am PDT, February 12) and lasting through Valentine's Day to Monday at 2am, V-Day Massacre returns as a ranked Double EXP weekend for pairs. That's right, ranked Team Doubles, Slayer and Slayer BRs. What better way could one spend such an auspicious holiday with the lady in his life?* But don't worry, single boys and girls, we've got your back too. If you go in alone and you meet that special someone that will drop a double kill just as you think you're done for, you'll be able to party up with them after your first match and continue slaying like the soul mates you are.

That about covers it. Oh, wait, I forgot Recon.

After the weekend ends, we're going to be looking at the aftermath and picking several couples and giving them Recon! What specific metrics are we going to be looking for? Well, I'm not going to tell you. That'd be too easy! We'll announce what the metrics were after Recon has been distributed, but for now keep the couples theme of the playlist in mind. That's the only hint you get, so don't bother PM'ing me. Seriously. Even if you ask nicely or offer me pics of your hot GF, I'm not going to tell you. Just keep the number 2 in mind while you enjoy yourself this weekend.

Oh, but don't bother hoping for Recon if you've ever been caught and banned for any kind of cheating or bad behavior. And if you try to boost in the playlist and get caught, you won't be seeing Recon, either, just a long period of removal from Halo 3 matchmaking. Cheaters are not eligible for Recon, and yes, we will be watching. Bungie may be full of love, but I'm a heartless bastard.

V-Day Massacre Double EXP weekend requires all downloadable content. Have fun out there!

*Take her to dinner or something, you jerk.
Here's your chance to earn the recons, Ram.

EazyB said:
*cue Dax* "awesome, we should play once Halo wars comes out"
Oh, we've already done that.

*cue EazyB* *posts more annoying flight.gifs or two thinking they're still funny*

Oh, wait, you've already done that. It seems we're both late to our respective parties.

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
Oh, we've already done that.

*cue EazyB* *posts more annoying flight.gifs or two thinking they're still funny*

Oh, wait, you've already done that. It seems we're both late to our respective parties.
We've been through this before. Just because seeing flight in all its glory strikes the fear of god in you, that doesn't give you the right to hate.

elitefreak.gif

EazyB said:
We've been through this before. Just because seeing flight in all its glory strikes the fear of god in you, that doesn't give you the right to hate.
I'm really good friends with God, so that isn't the reason for my hate.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/EazyB/Games/elitefreak.gif[/IMG]
How original. If you've seen one flight.gif you've seen them all.

Sibylus

Banned
EazyB said:

So awesome.
Choppers on Gephyrophobia.

So for the V-Day massacre, assists and wheelman medals seem too obvious.....

I predict a Recon awarded for most betrayals in a surprise heel turn by Bungie.

EazyB

Banned
Voltron64 said:
4q4gv4.jpg

Dax Seattle vacation photo. In front of the famous Bungie door.
:lol
Botolf said:
Choppers on Gephyrophobia.
Never got the chance to play on that map but I just imagine blind-siding a warthog and watching it fly right off the map into the infinite abyss. :D

ph19.jpg

Sibylus

Banned
EazyB said:
Never got the chance to play on that map but I just imagine blind-siding a warthog and watching it fly right off the map into the infinite abyss. :D

ph19.jpg
A highly tasty idea!

1 Ghost, 1 Chopper, and 1 Warthog per side could work.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Some of my best Banshee battles were on Gephyrophobia. Love that map.

I remember Narrows getting compared to it on first unveil, but Gephyrophobia is actually much, much larger. Hence the Banshees. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom