• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voltron64 said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/4q4gv4.jpg
Dax Seattle vacation photo. In front of the famous Bungie door.[/QUOTE]
I applaud your originality. I don't even understand what is so funny (seven fucking months later) about the door. Do you guys ever get new material or do you just recycle the old?

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
I applaud your originality. I don't even understand what is so funny (seven fucking months later) about the door. Do you guys ever get new material or do you just recycle the old?
Shit like that never gets old.

Your jokes are good too though, Dax.

Arnie

Voltron64 said:
:lol @ blood

4q4gv4.jpg

Dax Seattle vacation photo. In front of the famous Bungie door.
Haha wow, I just spat my coffee on a cd rack.

Trasher

I just realized Gamevee has been completely wiped from the internet! All those videos I deleted! Do you mean I can never link Blood that video of me sniping his ass repeatedly on Guardian?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FightyF

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Yup. It was a threefer that did it for me. First, the list of level building blocks is huge, and you can put up TONS of each part. 20 Tube-Y intersections? I'm gonna make a maze. Good luck finding the rawkets. Mwahahaha.

But seriously. Epic list is epic. This is a far cry from the number of walls and cargo containers in Foundry.
40 WALL $5
20 WALL, HALF $5
20 WALL, QUARTER $5
20 WALL, CORNER $5
20 WALL, SLIT $5
20 WALL, T $5
40 WALL, DOUBLE $5
20 WEDGE, SMALL $5
20 WEDGE, LONG $5
40 BLOCK, LARGE $5
40 BLOCK, DOUBLE $5
30 BLOCK, TALL $5
30 BLOCK, HUGE $5
40 WEDGE, HUGE $5
30 RAMP, LARGE $5
20 WEDGE, LARGE $5
40 WEDGE, CORNER $5
20 TUBE PIECE $5
20 TUBE Y-INTERSECTIONS $5
20 TUBE CORNER $5
20 TUBE RAMP $5
20 COLUMN, STONE SMALL $5
20 COLUMN, DAMAGED SMALL $5
20 COLUMN, BLUE SMALL $5
20 COLUMN, RED SMALL $5
20 COLUMN, LARGE $5
20 COLUMN, STONE LARGE $5
20 BLOCK, TINY $5
20 BLOCK, SMALL $5
20 BLOCK, FLAT $5
20 BLOCK, ANGLED $5
20 CORNER, SMALL $5
20 CORNER, LARGE $5
20 STONE BRIDGE $5
20 OBELISK $5
20 FIN $5
20 RAMP, SHORT $5
20 RAMP, WIDE $5
20 RAMP, THICK $5
30 STONE PLATFORM $5
20 ARCH $5
20 SCAFFOLDING $5
20 WOOD BRIDGE, LARGE $5
20 WOOD BRIDGE, THIN $5​

I'd like some large flat platforms...Maybe "Wood Bridge" would be what I'm looking for. That or Double Wall. 40 of them, excellent...

Oh, just saw wooden bridge, narrow little things that will make traversing it interesting. Are these destructible? I made a Front Line Force map that had destructible wooden bridges, back in 2001. So obviously it's time for me to sue if they are indeed destructible.

Trasher said:
I just realized Gamevee has been completely wiped from the internet! All those videos I deleted! Do you mean I can never link Blood that video of me sniping his ass repeatedly on Guardian?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MMMWHA HA HA HA

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Trasher said:

buTube.

We'll ALL be able to watch it in HD, whenever we want. :p

Kibbles

Trasher said:
=( If you would've still had them I can record vids with my capture card for you guys. I offered my service a few days ago, only got 2 requests so far, which I've fulfilled.

[edit] Damn you KP! *shakes fist* - http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=969362361&player=KP He's also playing with Mr Sark and what not. Press codes must've gone out.

EazyB

Banned
Trasher said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcbW...p/2009/02/12/the-top-15-funniest-halo-deaths/

This might be super old, but I figured Eazy wouldn't mind such a thing being posted more than once.
An idle chopper is the devil's playground.
Kibbles said:
=( If you would've still had them I can record vids with my capture card for you guys. I offered my service a few days ago, only got 2 requests so far, which I've fulfilled.
I'm working on something of a montage which consists of a whole shit-ton of short clips. Decided not to bother you due to the nature of my project but I'm surprised more people haven't asked for clips. I love seeing GAFer's clips (and I'm too lazy to download them to my 360).

Kibbles said:
[edit] Damn you KP! *shakes fist* - http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=969362361&player=KP He's also playing with Mr Sark and what not. Press codes must've gone out.
One of the TTL guys is playing with them. Not sure if that guy has a role in the press or if it's just for the TTL site (whose role/popularity I'm pretty ignorant of).

Hopefully these guys are taking videos and pictures (if they're allowed to, may be embargoed until next week).

Kibbles

EazyB said:
An idle chopper is the devil's playground.

I'm working on something of a montage which consists of a whole shit-ton of short clips. Decided not to bother you due to the nature of my project but I'm surprised more people haven't asked for clips. I love seeing GAFer's clips (and I'm too lazy to download them to my 360).

One of the TTL guys is playing with them. Not sure if that guy has a role in the press or if it's just for the TTL site (whose role/popularity I'm pretty ignorant of).

Hopefully these guys are taking videos and pictures (if they're allowed to, may be embargoed until next week).
If someone here has a code and there is no embargo, I can take vids *wink wink* :lol

EazyB said:
Once BuTube goes up, we'll be able to have a weekly GAF montage thing (hopefully) edited by yours truly. :D

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Kibbles said:

KP works for Microsoft now, so I'm sure he'd get a code, press or not. :p

But at least we get some new gameplay screens :D
Video of Orbital and Sandbox, plz Bungle

vhfive

Kibbles said:
pmz
i sent a lot so take your time. if other people send some do theirs. i don't want to hog you ;P

EDIT:didn't you say you were putting these on youtube. what's your user name so i can subscribe. i'm also up for watching people's shenanigans

Kibbles

kylej said:
Top. Away from the lighting, if the IGN interview is anything to go by.

vhfive said:
pmz
i sent a lot so take your time. if other people send some do theirs. i don't want to hog you ;P

EDIT:didn't you say you were putting these on youtube. what's your user name so i can subscribe. i'm also up for watching people's shenanigans

YouTube name = KibblesKapture , YouTube has been wierd with these videos. The last one I had to upscale to HD to get it to work on YouTube (which they still managed to fuck up), but the others worked just fine in their native form. >_> Oh and I didn't get a PM yet. :eek:

vhfive

Kibbles said:
YouTube name = KibblesKapture , YouTube has been wierd with these videos. The last one I had to upscale to HD to get it to work on YouTube (which they still managed to fuck up), but the others worked just fine in their native form. >_> Oh and I didn't get a PM yet. :eek:
oops must have deleted it instead of sending it :p
new one sent

TDG

Banned
Well, I'm a bit lttp, but the Bnet facelift is nice.

Also, maybe I'm just making something out of nothing, but I'm desperate to know everything about these maps... what's up with the black square in the very middle of the Sandbox heatmap?

EazyB

Banned
TDG said:
Well, I'm a bit lttp, but the Bnet facelift is nice.

Also, maybe I'm just making something out of nothing, but I'm desperate to know everything about these maps... what's up with the black square in the very middle of the Sandbox heatmap?
Here's a pic where only a canopy thing covers the center.

halo-3-20090203091128258.jpg

Looks kinda like a well.

Underground confirmed.

GhaleonEB

Well....remember this?

Lars Bakken: The original idea behind Sandbox was to give players an open map to play around with in Forge (the social map editor in Halo 3). We gave them Foundry as part of the Legendary Map Pack last year, but that was in a dark warehouse. We thought, “what if we give them a big outdoor space to play around in?” From there it was making sure it was possible to open up the space and give players a little more freedom - freedom to build up or down, as the case may be.
We know what the "up" part is. Down? Not yet.

EazyB

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Could it simply be the ability to build tunnels?
Eh, wouldn't really make sense given the constraints of forge. Maybe there's just an open cavern underneath.

My roommate proposed that the entirety of Waterworks is mapped beneath.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Botolf said:
"Down" may just be relative.

</halfempty>

Edit: I guess I can see how down could be relative if it was only like Beaver Creek depth, but if you can go below the given map "floor," and it connects, depending on how big that underground is, that's a hell of a lot more space than foundry offers...depending on where the kill-plane is.

[/halffull]

Kibbles

EazyB said:
Eh, wouldn't really make sense given the constraints of forge. Maybe there's just an open cavern underneath.

My roommate proposed that the entirety of Waterworks is mapped beneath.
Sandbox = Map of Forever.

Sibylus

Banned
Metroidvania said:
Edit: I guess I can see how down could be relative if it was only like Beaver Creek depth, but if you can go below the given map "floor," and it connects, depending on how big that underground is, that's a hell of a lot more space than foundry offers...depending on where the kill-plane is.

[/halffull]
Relative to the sky bubble, I mean.

<h1></halfempty</h1>

TDG

Banned
The problem is, I'm not sure what a third area (underground) would really add to the level, considering the constraints of Forge. But hey, there's clearly a goddamn hole in the ground. IT'S GOTTA DO SOMETHING.

GhaleonEB said:
We know what the "up" part is. Down? Not yet.
I see how they worked the soft ceiling sky bubble into the map's schematics, I'm just not sure how they would work a "down" part in. It's either another teleporter or there's a way to drop below the surface of the map and they haven't shown it to us yet.

Either way, this massive use of space is really unprecedented. Dropping below Gemini to see the enormous scale all directions is the only thing which I feel can come close to what we're seeing here in terms of size. If there are three levels, than we can assume that all three of them could be integrated into play on one map. The sky bubble, the ground level and this third, underground level we're presuming exists. Mind melt from awesome overload.

EazyB

Banned
Wouldn't make sense for it to be the portal. If you have to carry the default objects through the portal (which is only in forge mode much like the visible grid?) you'd need a bigger hole for the larger objects to fit through.

Mr Vociferous said:
If there are three levels, than we can assume that all three of them could be integrated into play on one map. The sky bubble, the ground level and this third, underground level we're presuming exists. Mind melt from awesome overload.
That's what I was wondering. It wouldn't be very practical to have only a single hole to get down. I suppose you could just use teleporters but then you lose the sense of cohesiveness.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Kibbles said:
Someone found this on H.B.O, mystery solved?

http://www.bungie.net/images/halo3stats/maps/sandbox/006.jpg
006.jpg

Holy shit. Mother of all maps. You can have an inside map with all the amazing customizations, and outdoor map surrounded by sand, a map high in the sky where you can fall off and die, or even all put together.

Bravo Bungie. :D Sandbox is blowing my mind.

That's crazy, if true.

Nice connection there with the acceptance vid. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom