• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
snack said:
Honestly, I don't doubt this pricing. Microsoft is putting Bungie over the barrel again, for one last time.

They'd probably make more money with a lower price.

I think so. By the time ODST is out, I'll have paid 30 extra bucks for maps, and I'll be spending another $60 for the same maps, but a different, shorter campaign. >< If this is really the real price, which I hope it isn't, I might end up waiting til this comes in used. >>

Walshicus

Dax01 said:
If had to choose between either reveal -- how they plan on implementing the skulls on each map or the "bottom" level of Sandbox -- I would choose the skull system.
Have I been lax on keeping up with Sandbox? Bottom level?

Anyone have that Halo3 pic Bungie had up, comparing the color pallets of Gears of War and Halo3, with the color drained from the Halo3 shot?
It was on Sierra 117, the spot where the Pelican gets shot down by the river.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Chinner said:
Don't bother looking deeply into it. They don't know shit at this moment.

Yup. They just slap in placeholder values so they can take the preorder and issue a receipt.

FourDoor

Kibbles said:
Someone found this on H.B.O, mystery solved?

http://www.bungie.net/images/halo3stats/maps/sandbox/006.jpg
006.jpg

Holy shit. Mother of all maps. You can have an inside map with all the amazing customizations, and outdoor map surrounded by sand, a map high in the sky where you can fall off and die, or even all put together.

Bravo Bungie, you just blew my fucking mind.

So we have Middle Level, Sky Bubble, and now potentially this sanbox basement. I'm not getting my hopes up anymore after Urk crushed it a couple of BWUs ago with the blue grid. But then again it was just more smoke and mirrors until the week after. :lol

I dub the secret room the "Sandbox Box"

Kibbles

FourDoor said:
So we have Middle Level, Sky Bubble, and now potentially this sanbox basement. I'm not getting my hopes up anymore after Urk crushed it a couple of BWUs ago with the blue grid. But then again it was just more smoke and mirrors until the week after. :lol

I dub the secret room the "Sandbox Box"
That image is from Bungie.net itself, by changing the number values. 006 gives you the basement, 009 gets you the top and 004.jpg gets you the middle. (Or something like that)

FourDoor

Kibbles said:
That image is from Bungie.net itself, by changing the number values. 006 gives you the basement, 009 gets you the top and 004.jpg gets you the middle. (Or something like that)

Yes, but it could still be a trick! I'm lowering my expectations now until I have the maps in my hands or see something official in the BWU. ;)

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Embargoed until next week?
FourDoor said:
Yes, but it could still be a trick! I'm lowering my expectations now until I have the maps in my hands or see something official in the BWU. ;)
There's no fun to be had in that.

Plus, if you believe hard enough it makes it true.
the blue grid lives

Wizman23

Banned
You guys are on crack if you think Halo 3 ODST will be priced any cheaper then $59.99.

We are dealing with MS here, and this is their cash cow Halo. $59.99 will be the cheapest version of the game.

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
Embargoed until next week?
I'm assuming so. From the last IGN article:

Check back next week for some hands-on impressions of the Mythic Map pack.

From the Mythic Humpday writeup on bungie.net:

Soon enough we'll trade out our sparring partners for legitimate industry and community contenders.
When the Legendary map hands-on embargo ended, impressions from a ton of community sites went live alongside the media impressions. I'm assuming that's the plan again this time around. The appearance of the map pack on Marketplace was probably to enable codes to be distributed to facilitate the impressions.

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
When the Legendary map hands-on embargo ended, impressions from a ton of community sites went live alongside the media impressions. I'm assuming that's the plan again this time around. The appearance of the map pack on Marketplace was probably to enable codes to be distributed to facilitate the impressions.
Hopefully someone from forgehub (or anyone for that matter) spends some quality time in forge this weekend. I'd love to see the sheer size of structures people could make with the given budgets.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Sir Fragula said:
Homeworld 2 Halo mod?
Imperium Galactica 2 Halo mod?
Sins of a Solar Empire Halo mod?
Victoria: An Empire unver the Sun Halo mod?
Do these exist?

GhaleonEB said:
I'm assuming that's the plan again this time around. The appearance of the map pack on Marketplace was probably to enable codes to be distributed to facilitate the impressions.
I'm certainly looking forward to those impressions, but I'm not going to lie: I'm the greenest of green right now watching these peeps play the maps early. I've got visions of sugar plums dancing in my head on Assembly right now -- and they all have BRs. I get the feeling that the best parts of Halo 3's multiplayer are almost within arm's reach and it is utter agony! ;-)

neoism

Sai-kun said:
Okay, so, Halo 3: ODST is now available for reservation at GameStop....

for 59.99.

:< wat
with all the maps included, we might as well get use to it. :(
mythic $10
New maps $10
ODST $40

:((((((((((((
if it's $40 for all then.... :)

EazyB

Banned
Mr Vociferous said:
I'm certainly looking forward to those impressions, but I'm not going to lie: I'm the greenest of green right now watching these peeps play the maps early. I've got visions of sugar plums dancing in my head on Assembly right now -- and they all have BRs.
You and me both. To make maters worse we got but a quick suckle on Assembly's teets months ago at PAX, have had to wait idly as MS pushed the maps back, and now we see journalists playing what was ours not too long ago.

What a tease

*sad-fuggin-face*

EazyB said:
You and me both. To make maters worse we got but a quick suckle on Assembly's teets months ago at PAX, have had to wait idly as MS pushed the maps back, and now we see journalists playing what was ours not too long ago.

*sad-fuggin-face*
Agreed, but with less nipple. :lol

FourDoor

Mr Vociferous said:
I'm certainly looking forward to those impressions, but I'm not going to lie: I'm the greenest of green right now watching these peeps play the maps early. I've got visions of sugar plums dancing in my head on Assembly right now -- and they all have BRs. I get the feeling that the best parts of Halo 3's multiplayer are almost within arm's reach and it is utter agony! ;-)

I want to think of myself as a grown/mature adult when I need to be. But it's the days like this that makes me want to scream like a bad kid. :lol

GhaleonEB

Mr Vociferous said:
Agreed, but with less nipple. :lol
Hey now. Nothing wrong with nipples. They can be both nourishing and fun.

But yeah. *does giddy impatient dance*

"Microsoft says it's not my turn in the sandbox yet and I wanna plaaaaay!"

Ahem. Don't mind me.

Mr Vociferous said:
I'm certainly looking forward to those impressions, but I'm not going to lie: I'm the greenest of green right now watching these peeps play the maps early. I've got visions of sugar plums dancing in my head on Assembly right now -- and they all have ARs. I get the feeling that the best parts of Halo 3's multiplayer are almost within arm's reach and it is utter agony! ;-)
That's fixing worthy of a quote of this post.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Mr Vociferous said:

Good ti
ts
mes.

Whoever changed the settings at PAX for Assembly to spawn you with a BR primary was a God.
Although for the record, during our serious GAF game on the show floor, I would've been first place, beating Blood, had vibration been off on my controller :p

GhaleonEB

Shishka said:
Pete the Duck doesn't have an advance copy of the map pack. I think he was just making a joke. He's the same guy that did the "Things to do with the kill ball" thing a few days ago.
Ah. Cock teasing bastard. He suckerd Ducain as well. :lol

EazyB

Banned
neoism said:
So, has anyone put up some films of the NEW maps on B.net??????????????
Wouldn't do us any good. You can't watch a saved film that was taken on a map you haven't downloaded. :(

Ghaleon's age is slowing him down.

neoism

EazyB said:
Hopefully someone from forgehub (or anyone for that matter) spends some quality time in forge this weekend. I'd love to see the sheer size of structures people could make with the given budgets.
Yeah, I'm going to start downloading map variants as soon as possible.:lol

Arnie

Dax01 said:
I doubt you would have the orgasmic love for it if the Halo skin was removed. Underneath it is just a basic RTS, still slightly fun. However you must accept that facepalming isn't the way to transmit an opinion. Plus I don't agree with some of the design decisions Ensemble have made, for example flaming warthogs and asthma Elites.

KevinRo

uh, why not hand out the new 3 maps as awards for the v-day playlist instead of recon? :)

i would def take the maps over some stupid armor. :):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom