• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Captain Blood said:
I just went from 6 to midnight.
Yup. It was a threefer that did it for me. First, the list of level building blocks is huge, and you can put up TONS of each part. 20 Tube-Y intersections? I'm gonna make a maze. Good luck finding the rawkets. Mwahahaha.

But seriously. Epic list is epic. This is a far cry from the number of walls and cargo containers in Foundry.
40 WALL $5
20 WALL, HALF $5
20 WALL, QUARTER $5
20 WALL, CORNER $5
20 WALL, SLIT $5
20 WALL, T $5
40 WALL, DOUBLE $5
20 WEDGE, SMALL $5
20 WEDGE, LONG $5
40 BLOCK, LARGE $5
40 BLOCK, DOUBLE $5
30 BLOCK, TALL $5
30 BLOCK, HUGE $5
40 WEDGE, HUGE $5
30 RAMP, LARGE $5
20 WEDGE, LARGE $5
40 WEDGE, CORNER $5
20 TUBE PIECE $5
20 TUBE Y-INTERSECTIONS $5
20 TUBE CORNER $5
20 TUBE RAMP $5
20 COLUMN, STONE SMALL $5
20 COLUMN, DAMAGED SMALL $5
20 COLUMN, BLUE SMALL $5
20 COLUMN, RED SMALL $5
20 COLUMN, LARGE $5
20 COLUMN, STONE LARGE $5
20 BLOCK, TINY $5
20 BLOCK, SMALL $5
20 BLOCK, FLAT $5
20 BLOCK, ANGLED $5
20 CORNER, SMALL $5
20 CORNER, LARGE $5
20 STONE BRIDGE $5
20 OBELISK $5
20 FIN $5
20 RAMP, SHORT $5
20 RAMP, WIDE $5
20 RAMP, THICK $5
30 STONE PLATFORM $5
20 ARCH $5
20 SCAFFOLDING $5
20 WOOD BRIDGE, LARGE $5
20 WOOD BRIDGE, THIN $5​

Thermite

urk said:
I think it's right at 1500.

Sweet jesus...

2rmukwm.gif

EazyB

Banned
Digital Limit said:
A little bird told me Valhalla is unbalanced. Which side does it favor?
Lake side > Waterfall in objective matches
Waterfall > Lake for slayer

It's a perfectly balanced map that is perfect

Sibylus

Banned
I has the Gephyrophobia item/vehicle count.

Plasma Grenades - 8

Rockets - 2

Flamethrower - 2

Shotgun - 3

Pistol - 4

Plasma Rifle - 2

Assault Rifle - 2

Fuel Rod Cannon - 2

Sniper Rifle - 7

Needler - 2

Overshield - 3
Active Camo - 1

Ghost - 6
Banshee - 4
Plasma Turret - 4

Besides the replacement of weapons that are a former shadow of themselves (pistol to BRs would make the most sense, methinks, and an Assault Rifle/Battle Rifle start would make the most sense to me), this may require a lot of rebalancing.

Thoughtz:
- Remove Overshields from flag rooms (1 left at middle)
- Replace Plasma Turrets with Chaingun Turrets (better vs Banshees in theory)
- Reduce Sniper count to 6 (Remove that one weird Sniper at the bottom level)
- Instead of remaking the Sniper shields with shield doors (which are infinitely better), use boxes or some shiz
- Replace two Ghosts with Choppers or something for variety
- Flamethrower's locked at 1 per map, so replace with 2 BRs or something
- Replace Pistol spawns with BR spawns
- Pair up the Plasma rifles in both bases so they're dual wieldable off the bat
- Replace one shotgun (the one in the middle) with a Missile Pod or Spartan Laser

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Kibbles said:
They should've left "Sand Trap" as "Shrine". =)

Reminder to all: I will capture vids for you guys and upload them in high quality on YouTube. I don't have HD awesome-sauce like urk did, but the quality is not bad. I'm using an internal capture card, and I hope to get a s-video cable for my 360 > Capture Card soon. (However, monies may have to be spent on Halo Wars and/or iPod Touch 2G) So far I only got one request, which I've fulfilled already. Keep em' coming.

how bout my l33t BXR?? http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=65125188

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I just got back into halo 3 after dropping gears multi (seriously, fuck that shotgun)

It's great. Responsive, mostly the lag is not noticeable and it's fun as hell.

Who knows what's going on in this thread though, are you all speaking in code or WHAT?!

anyway, if there is any not to serious euro timezone players up for some games then add me

armedcatfish

EazyB

Banned
Louis Wu said:
http://haloscreenshots.net/cache/medium/E335B4BB9592E4A22C6A89305B2FF35D.jpg[IMG]

That's his main shot right now. :lol :lol[/QUOTE]
:lol

The [URL="http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Screenshots.aspx?player=BlackHeart2010"]rest of his screenshot gallery[/URL] is comprised of choppers so I approve of him killing all those losers.

Grimm Fandango said:
Shit, Dani's going to be gone for a bit...
???? Why?????

And Luke, can you do me a personal favor and ban this kid EPIC SOTO 201?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=967812666&player=backflip10019

Apparently this kid goes into games of MLG and runs into the other team so that they can kill him and his team loses. He did it to us and went -19 and lost us the game. People who abuse the system like this shouldn't be allowed to play anymore.

GhaleonEB

B.net got a nice coat of paint. Or maybe I just didn't notice the switch earlier. New drop downs are organized better as well.

Also further tweaked and condensed the OP, added section headers. I'm organizing the recent Sandbox news under the Mythic Map Pack section, if anyone wants the links.

GhaleonEB said:
B.net got a nice coat of paint. Or maybe I just didn't notice the switch earlier. New drop downs are organized better as well.
Yep. Better than before. Thanks for taking note.

The Lamonster said:
Hell yeah, I can't wait. Happy birthday btw.
Aw. Thanks.

Thank you for saying "Happy birthday" to me, GHAL. >=(

And also, last night I did some Heroic Halo Wars and won ;)
How long did it take you?

fin said:
Happy BDay Dax
Thank you, too. =)

fin

I was watching Judge Judy on Q13 Fox Seattle. I guess Seattle got snowed on yesturday. Must've been rough for the Bungie folks to get to work. It kinda funny seeing all the chaos on the news, hopefully no one got hurt. But it's like that for about 4 months out of the year where I'm from.

Happy BDay Dax

Grimm Fandango said:

No more organization of GAF customs for a while...

vhfive

fin said:
No more organization of GAF customs for a while...
someone should step in when he's gone just because if you stop for a month now it maybe hard to get it up and running again. and i think what he did is really good for the community.

i would do it but im not going to be around this weekend
and if you do see me online i will most definitely be too intoxicated to organize anything
i would be will to step in the week after though

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
cjelly said:
Reworked B.net looks great.
Yeah, it does. Unfortunately, it still doesn't load entirely correct for me (Opera on a Mac, which I know is sort of a stretch).

Cocopjojo said:
The little images that show up in your game stats on B.net:
Those shots do an incredible job of capturing the atmosphere of those maps. The skyboxes in Halo 3 just keep getting more and more impressive with every new map they release. Makes me wonder what they have in store for us with ODST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom