• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

N.A said:
Between 7-9 hours and I'm playing on normal. I have been exploring quite a bit though.

Edit: As long as you play on the right difficulty and don't rush I'm pretty sure it will take most people 8-12 hours.
Which is how long the first two games are. Which is what Bungie has said. :p

Legendary in the first game regularly kicked my ass, though, so that eight hours on Normal and 12 on Heroic turned into 20 pretty easy. Legendary with skull modifiers and co-op should extend Halo 3 in similar fashion.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm looking forward to 4 player co-op on legendary and having it set so that no one can die or else you go back to the previous check point. The skulls are going to add so much replay value.... :D

Striker

People should be playing on Legendary anyhow.

A bigger challenge and tons of things happening at once.

Somebody on my Friends List has Halo 3 already and I saw him playing on Normal yesterday.

Wanted to kick him in the balls.

DrBo42 said:
OMGZ! Yeah we all did. Still not getting it until the 25th.

Sad but true. Newegg is just trying to mess with us and get our hopes up, only to destroy them. Oh well, they stopped making legendary's right? I'll keep this one and put it on ebay if the price is right.

I just saw a walk through of Construct and Isolation on Gametrailers. Construct is GORGEOUS. Great scenescape. Isolation is also pretty, but the basement makes my skin crawl.

Do skill finds now stay or unlock in a seperate menu or is it a case of regrabbing it each time we load up halo 3? Only problem with the later is that some are like half way into legendary levels on halo 2 :/

StUnNeR H2K

Killer said:
HOLY SMOKES!!

I went from step 3 to step5 on newegg!!

OMG! You get to join the rest of the dumbasses that thought newegg would break the street date and wait for the delivery man to come to door on the 25th!!!

Wolffen

GhaleonEB said:
Which is how long the first two games are. Which is what Bungie has said. :p

Legendary in the first game regularly kicked my ass, though, so that eight hours on Normal and 12 on Heroic turned into 20 pretty easy. Legendary with skull modifiers and co-op should extend Halo 3 in similar fashion.

8+ hours is fine by me. That was basically the length of Gears on Casual, and Halo 3 looks to have a ton more replayability. I'm torn at this point. Part of me wants to blow through the game on normal from a story aspect so I don't have to worry about spoilers anymore. The Stinkles on my shoulder is telling me to play through on Heroic. The uber geek on my other shoulder is telling me to play through on Heroic and find every terminal in the game...choices, choices.

Someone remind me again, as I think this has been covered: if you're playing co-op and only one player has previously found certain skulls, can the skulls be activated for the entire party, or does that depend on who the host is?

StUnNeR H2K said:
Yep... Sept. 25th I bet.

seriouslyava.jpg

Oh my god, I've been red-ringed.
My box worked flawlessly for 18 months, and it refused to turn on this morning. :(
I'm trying the old towel trick right now.

At least I can play on my brother's box when I send it in to MS for repair.

Halo you were so close! Now, so far away.

sublime085 said:
My box worked flawlessly for 18 months, and it refused to turn on this morning. :(

Wow, talk about the worst time to get red ringed. :(

sublime085 said:

Wow, that's terrible news man. Sorry to hear about your loss. If you're desperate, buy one at wal-mart and try to return it after you get your first one back.

Drey1082

striKeVillain! said:
Wow, talk about the worst time to get red ringed. :(

I have a feeling Halo 3 coming out will cause a new level of red ring crazyness. Not becuase it breaks systems, but because a lot of people who have a 360 and don't play it often will put a lot of playtime into this game. Will be interesting to see if there is a new backlash.

I'm just thinking about online gameplay and lag, here at my parents house the internet was dropped from 4 meg to 2 (feels much less imo) and im finding that halo 2 now has problems playing smooth over a network of two computers, one that is only used for browsing by the family and my own work machine, both have no processes downloading in the background.

I'm worried that halo 3 is going to demand much more from data streaming dispite being the same number of players, I also move to a new flat soon for 2 years and looking at my budget im going to maybe live with 1 or 2 meg at the most for my personal uses.

I feel like i'm going to have a bad experiance with halo online, I realy hope we don't need 8 meg lines that most cannot afford in the UK to just get a smooth BTB.

Aleman

sublime085 said:

Sucks dude. Mine is in the shop right now and will probably still be there for a couple more weeks. In the mean time I bought another one and am going to sell the refurb on eBay when I get it back (along with the new HDD, controller, power supply, etc.). I'll probably lose ~$100 or more in the process but whatever, I gotta play Halo next week.

Holy shitballs people. I'm going to go ahead and bet that the people bitching about length don't play most games more than a couple hours.

Considering the scoring and co-op options Bungie I'm glad bungie used their time to make a game that actually rocks consistently for 8-12 hours instead of having 5-6 hours of filler.

Don't ask about some arbitrary campaign length, ask about how much time will be sunk into the game. Multiplayer, forging, saved films, and campaign scoring with 4 players give this game more content than any other this year. This game is far huger than it's length belies. Frankly if you are going to only play the campaign through once on normal you are missing like 3/4 of the halo experience.

joelseph

Diablohead said:
I'm just thinking about online gameplay and lag, here at my parents house the internet was dropped from 4 meg to 2 (feels much less imo) and im finding that halo 2 now has problems playing smooth over a network of two computers, one that is only used for browsing by the family and my own work machine, both have no processes downloading in the background.

I'm worried that halo 3 is going to demand much more from data streaming dispite being the same number of players, I also move to a new flat soon for 2 years and looking at my budget im going to maybe live with 1 or 2 meg at the most for my personal uses.

I feel like i'm going to have a bad experiance with halo online, I realy hope we don't need 8 meg lines that most cannot afford in the UK to just get a smooth BTB.

I had similar concerns a few pages back

joelseph said:
It might be too soon yet but can anyone comment on the lag issues in MP when playing with more than 8 people in game? Does retail exhibit the same problems Beta did?

Tieno

DrBo42 said:
That's just because you suck at it. :lol J/k <3 j00
It's true, I have average skills, especially mp. I did manage to beat it on heroic first playthrough. Don't think I'm legendary-capable. I might try legendary with H3.
Ramirez said:
Click on flash, wmv or quicktime icon?

Wolffen

Killer said:
I'm wondering if i can pick it up from Newegg's warehouse??

Which one? They have several around the U.S.

Gabe @ Newegg is awesome. So helpful. I wish all customer service reps were like him.

Halo Confessions:

-- I've never played through Halo: CE or Halo 2 on Legendary or Heroic.

CONFESSIONS

-- I've never played co-op in Halo: CE or Halo 2 -- ever. My friends aren't into it.

CONFESSIONS

-- My kill death/ratio is below par.

I plan to do all these things in Halo 3.

KBox

Striker said:
People should be playing on Legendary anyhow.

A bigger challenge and tons of things happening at once.

Somebody on my Friends List has Halo 3 already and I saw him playing on Normal yesterday.

Wanted to kick him in the balls.

So legendary = more chaos and more enemies?

I'm thinking something close to the chaos in the John 117 monument.

Use spoiler tags if it does comes close to that or not. I guess I just Believe.

Edit: Come to think of it, no I don't want to know this lolz.

Striker

I Google'd Contstruct for Halo 3 and there's a walkthrough video of it.

I bit and I'm watching it. Wow! All I can say is: gorgeous! :D

Isolation still looks great, too.

DoctorWho said:
Halo 3 Confessions:

-- I've never played through Halo: CE or Halo 2 on Legendary or Heroic.

CONFESSIONS

-- My kill death/ratio is below par.

I plan to do all these things in Halo 3.

You are not alone. Except on the k/d.. I was decent.

EDIT: Played through co-op many times before. So, scratch that.

bj00rn

Banned
Oh my damn, I accidently stumbled over the opening cinematics of Halo 3 on youtube, and it was so mesmerizing that I had to really pry myself from the screen.. I thought I wasn't excited for Halo 3, but...man, something's awaken. /blog

.Abras.

Just started playing this morning.

I stopped for lunch then I stated again. The system asked for a online update. Anyone knows what it is for?

Tieno

.Abras. said:

I stopped for lunch then I stated again. The system asked for a online update. Anyone knows what it is for?
system update for the Scene-It Big Button controller.

edit: IN YOUR FACE GHALEON!

GhaleonEB

.Abras. said:

There was a Dashboard update released today. According to Major Nelson, it's just adding compatability with the controller that ships in Scene It.

Edit: I am not Tieno.

bj00rn said:
Oh my damn, I accidently stumbled over the opening cinematics of Halo 3 on youtube, and it was so mesmerizing that I had to really pry myself from the screen.. I thought I wasn't excited for Halo 3, but...man, something's awaken. /blog
evilchief_thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom