• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
WebOS is frickin horrible. The keyboard is absolutely the worst piece of shit on any device I've used in the last two years. The error correction must've been done by chimps in a lab. Atrocious. Makes most tasks an absolute chore, lag and stutters everywhere, and I have to spend a half hour after every update setting up the patches again so it runs halfway decent.

speaking of the keyboard, how do I disable the autocorrect? The update notes state I should be able to disable it right from the keyboard, but like everything else on this piece of crap OS, I can't find what I'm looking for. *sigh*

Kolgar

Very happy--they did indeed fix the problem of Touchpad not charging on the Touchstone with a third-party case.

Incidentally, my install failed twice. The third time, I removed all Preware patches and that did the trick.

I am now once again very pleased with this tablet. Just hoping the battery use is better as it was before 3.0.4.

speaking of the keyboard, how do I disable the autocorrect? The update notes state I should be able to disable it right from the keyboard, but like everything else on this piece of crap OS, I can't find what I'm looking for. *sigh*

Settings --> Text Assist. Easy!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Oh wait, my install apparently failed and the OS never bothered to tell me, lol. It also decided to delete the file so I have to download it again.

about the only thing I love on this device is battery life. Epic. Especially standby time.

Some (crazy) people actually do this.

ipad_01.jpg

I wish I knew what Spike was thinking. why wouldn't you use a REAL camera? hell, an iPhone camera would have been an improvement over that pad.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh wait, my install apparently failed and the OS never bothered to tell me, lol. It also decided to delete the file so I have to download it again.

about the only thing I love on this device is battery life. Epic. Especially standby time.

Yup, it will fail when you re download it too, i've tried it around 7 times now

Firewarrior

Neo Member
Installed the new update, and everything seems to be fine no fuck-ups, maybe some broken Preware stuff but I can wait until updates, UberKernel update is out already, including UberKernel now including 1.7GHz.

I find that I like both WebOS and Android on my Touchpad, Android doesn't really deal with flash that well on the Touchpad, well for me at least, WebOS handles flash like a champ, literally threw a lot of stuff at it, handles 1080p flash video on some sites, some HQ flash games also work, also KalamSoft video app on WebOS is incredible, haven't had any video problems at all. This may have something to do with WebOS being native though.
On Android I've tried some video player apps and had some big problems it's always a black screen and the app crashes.
I mainly use WebOS for browsing, flash and video, while Android for the apps, games and other media, such as comics which there are better apps on Android. Can't wait for ICS to install proper Tablet apps mainly, maybe ICS may fulfil the current stuff I do on WebOS.

kharma45

Uberkernal is still pretty much the only thing I can't get working yet, keeps giving me an IPKG error when I try to install it.

Blackhead

Redarse
I wish I knew what Spike was thinking. why wouldn't you use a REAL camera? hell, an iPhone camera would have been an improvement over that pad.

the best camera is the one you have with you... the iPad would also be the fastest way to get a photo that can be autographed on and then quickly shared.

HolyCheck

so I have Android on my touchpad. I assume it's the 3.0 or 3.5 alpha one..

How do I upgrade it to anything else? People are saying Xron is good? are there any simple ways to just upgrade, or is it a uninstall the one i have and go through the whole process again

So this wifi issue is really starting to piss me off. Having to clear all my wifi data on an almost daily basis is really becoming annoying. Hopefully with cm9 this will no longer be an issue.

So this wifi issue is really starting to piss me off. Having to clear all my wifi data on an almost daily basis is really becoming annoying. Hopefully with cm9 this will no longer be an issue.

Is the wifi issue constantly disconnecting? My touchpad constantly disconnects and it is driving me nuts.

Fatalah

Is the wifi issue constantly disconnecting? My touchpad constantly disconnects and it is driving me nuts.

I'm having a separate issue with the wifi. Upon rebooting, the remembered wireless network endlessly cycles to connect. You have to wait very patiently to get to the "forget network" window. I've had this issue with all versions of CM 7!

HolyCheck

I'm having a separate issue with the wifi. Upon rebooting, the remembered wireless network endlessly cycles to connect. You have to wait very patiently to get to the "forget network" window. I've had this issue with all versions of CM 7!
Yes I have the sameissue. Took me a while to work out wth was going on lol

Bleepey

Does anyone know what to do to get Android working again. Nothing i try works. I can't dualboot at all. Every time i turn it of, turn it on, then hold up volume, nothing happens. I can't get to the dual boot screen like i used to.

Ashhong

Sounds like you should do a complete reinstall. Download and use ACMEUninstaller then install it over again. Pretty quick process.

freshair

Does anyone know what to do to get Android working again. Nothing i try works. I can't dualboot at all. Every time i turn it of, turn it on, then hold up volume, nothing happens. I can't get to the dual boot screen like i used to.

You should reinstall moboot using the same ACME install method (only need the moboot zip, nothing else)

Ashhong

Or that. Forgot to suggest that as an option as well. Though if moboot was for some strange reason uninstalled, and you dont have alot of stuff in Android, I would just reinstall everything. Android in Touchpad is just so damn finnicky. Will fail you at any given moment.

Ashhong

I'm gonna hold out. There is a lot of talk about ICS on XDA right now and Leo who does the Xron rom makes it sound like there is a lot of work being done on it and is just about to come out.

I'm gonna hold out. There is a lot of talk about ICS on XDA right now and Leo who does the Xron rom makes it sound like there is a lot of work being done on it and is just about to come out.

Yeah it's not worth installing really. I just hadn't been using my Touchpad very much as I found CM7 far too laggy for proper usage. So I thought why not.
It's looking like it'll be a good week for Touchpads. Hopefully a proper ICS build is released.

segasonic

I must say, that after a few weeks of Gingerbread I appreciate WebOS more than before. stable and snappy. too bad the browser still sucks.

Top Bottom