• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Birbo

Bought the XBMC remote app over the weekend and wow is it awesome! Gives nice thumbs of my TV shows with episode synopsis and everything. Just touch the thumb of any episode and XBMC pulls it up and starts playing it automatically.

Ashhong

Wheres my ICS!!!!

Pretty funny stuff going on in XDA forums. Some dude keeps posting about how he is sick of waiting for ICS and everyone is hating on him. Hilarious

I'm getting increasingly fired up about ICS on my Touchpad. I've been using ICS for almost a month now on my Tuna (got it launch day!) and it's been a fabulous month, especially with the ICS stock browser.

kehs

Banned
I wonder how Google feels about having their GAPPS being used on touchpad.

Historically they've turned a blind eye, mainly because the devices have originally been licensed for used with their GAPPS at retail. The Touchpad is a whole different ball game.

Stop SOPA/PIPA

char_glorious_s.jpg

Chesskid1

Banned
ics was actually revealed in the video i posted a few posts ago.

you had to watch it to the end

haha. tricksters.

i'm waiting as well for bug fixes, but will check the topic pretty much every day. if you lose everything upgrading from cm7 to cm9 i'll prolly just stay on cm7 for a while. spent like 6 hours customizing cm7/transferring my booksvideos/troubleshooting some more graphical intensive games, and i don't want to do that again for a while, but now that i'm familiar with android i can prolly get it done really fast as i was a complete newb last time.

Everything important seems to work except hardware-accelerated video. I love YouTube but the low resolution video on Touchpad's Gingerbread YouTube app sucked anyways, I'll just use my Tuna until they get that sorted.

Ashhong

i love watching self-entitled people make fools of themselves. link?

on second thought, why am i so lazy. thats kind of ironic and self entitling:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1451597

edit: 1 reply, thats probably not it

This is where I first saw his post/complaining. A few pages of backlash at the guy in that thread and then it kind of spreads into other threads, I didn't follow it toooo closely. He has pretty much changed his tune now, and is all about "giving the developer support".

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21420465#post21420465

Nice to hear CM9 is out, I can't wait until its a bit better. Might even wait for Leo's ROM, since apparently hes doing it completely from source and not CM9.

I installed it straight on top of CM7 but that created some problems, which a few people have already mentioned in that release thread. I'm nuking and paving with Wipe Data in CWM because I'm having the issues with Busybox rebooting the TP and Google Music always FCing. Fortunately your original WebOS partition is the Android SD Card partition so a nuke and pave doesn't do anything bad to your existing WebOS install or your media files.

It's beautiful, totally fast, and scarily smooth, but keep the following in mind:

- It's more unstable than CM7 Alpha 1. It will restart on you if you make it angry (which is quite easy to do). It's probably wise to stay on Gingerbread for some time.
- It's completely open source now, so it will probably be updated much faster/more frequently in the coming days.
- If you have problems with some apps after updating, uninstall them and re-install them.
- Some say overclocking doesn't work. (That's not true for me. I can do a full 1.7 GHz with no crashes.)
- Before installing ICS, make a backup in Clockworkmod Recovery, in case you don't like ICS and want to revert back to GB.

OCing absolutely works, but SetCPU doesn't seem to like ICS very much. You'll probably cause it to reboot your TP a few times before you get it to set the clock correctly.

The custom version of Music included with CM9 is slick, but I found that Google Music from the Market doesn't seem to like it very much. I'm not sure why.

nOoblet16

nah i will wait a few more weeks until cm9 is more stable and fixes some of the cm7 issues as well(namely battery drain,hw acceleration and app crashes) i don't mind mind using cm7 for few weeks especially since i installed go launcher which makes ugly gingerbread look fantastic

gaf,keep me updated with all the cool ics tweaks,patches nd roms which will come more frequently now this has gone open source...also have anyone here tried the kindle fire rom ? does it even work on this,i wanna try the hw accelerated browser

1-D_FTW

I said day 1 for ICS, but I'll wait a couple days for the bigger bugs to be squashed. A little too alpha for my tastes at this point.

dabig2

It looks like this is a true alpha, unlike CM7 which felt like a beta from day 1. I guess I'll hold off on it until at least HW video acceleration is conquered. ICS on the touchpad looks great and snappy though!

kharma45

Caught in two minds whether to flash ICS or not, I don't want bugs spoiling my initial excitement, tempted to wait a few weeks.

Fatalah

Wow, today is the day we've been waiting for! For those brave enough to install this very alpha ICS, I look forward to your impressions.

Also, many of us need new instructions on how to go about wiping CM7 and installing CM9!

Top Bottom