• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

dream

Got it. Needed to disable ADB and go into storage settings.

Does that make it mount as a drive letter? Mine mounts as a media device but I'd kind of like a drive letter because I, er, still use File Manager...

Shut up, Coco.

Violater

I think something went wrong during my attempt to install, it has been stuck in one spot with the curser flashing :(
NVM false alarm

kehs

Banned
Does that make it mount as a drive letter? Mine mounts as a media device but I'd kind of like a drive letter because I, er, still use File Manager...

Shut up, Coco.

ICS dropped UMS support, not sure if CM added it back in. Either way you, why not transfer files via wifi with samba/windows shares?

No strings attached.

Violater

Make a folder called cminstall on your TP and copy/paste all those files in to there. Although, I had to use clockwork to unzip the gaaps file.

Turn off TP.

Reboot. Choose Clockwork Mod in the Moboot menu. Install zip from sdcard. Navigate to file. Install.

Use the volume buttons to navigate up/down and the home button to select.

Much thanks.
Can't wait for everything to get fixed.

For some reason the touchpad wont show up on my computer while in android.

SRG01

ICS dropped UMS support, not sure if CM added it back in. Either way you, why not transfer files via wifi with samba/windows shares?

No strings attached.

No, it dropped UMS support if the file system sees internal memory as SD.

edit: Basically, the explanation they gave was that ICS supports UMS, but Galaxy Nexus' architecture only allowed for MTP.

Much thanks.
Can't wait for everything to get fixed.

For some reason the touchpad wont show up on my computer while in android.

Had exact issue. Turn off ADB in developer, then go to storage, click on the three triangles on top right, then enable MTP.

Chesskid1

Banned
i just boot into clock work mod or whatever it's called and you can mount the full usb there, then boot into cyanogenmod. they boot up so quick and i dont transfer that many files so they'll do for me.

By the way, this thing is smoother than my Nexus S on ICS. WTF is this sorcery?

Agreed. This is crazy fuckin good. I can't believe what a shit bucket WebOS is.

Ics really shows how good the hardware actually is. The browser is butter smooth.

Just need video working.

VanWinkle

So I was going through the tutorial on howtogeek.com step-by-step, and everything went smoothly. Now at the BOTTOM of the page is says how to install google apps. It says to put the gapps_ics folder into the Touchpad "cminstall" folder, but when I plug in my Touchpad to the computer, it's listed as "cm_tenderloin", and there is no "cminstall" on it. Do I have to turn off the Touchpad and boot into WebOS?

edit: went ahead and did that, and it worked. I'm so glad to have a use for my Touchpad now! ICS is unbelievably better than WebOS.

Ashhong

You can install Thumb Keyboard.

GoLauncher EX allows you to bind "swipe up" on home screen to various functions. Might work to bind to the app preview. But then you would lose the ICS app drawer and stuff. Not worth it.

kehs

Banned
No, it dropped UMS support if the file system sees internal memory as SD.

edit: Basically, the explanation they gave was that ICS supports UMS, but Galaxy Nexus' architecture only allowed for MTP.

How did cm partition the touchpad though? I'm not sure so it's possible it's like the NS where it supports UMS on ICS, or if CM just went full hog and set it up like the xoom/tf/GN.

how do I mount a share?

Depends on the computer you're on. mac/windows/linux?

SRG01

How did cm partition the touchpad though? I'm not sure so it's possible it's like the NS where it supports UMS on ICS, or if CM just went full hog and set it up like the xoom/tf/GN.

I can't really comment unless I see the hardware implementation. I don't think it's software/CM dependent.

You can install Thumb Keyboard.

GoLauncher EX allows you to bind "swipe up" on home screen to various functions. Might work to bind to the app preview. But then you would lose the ICS app drawer and stuff. Not worth it.

It wouldn't work inside apps though...

VanWinkle

Has anybody else here had problems charging? I plugged the Touchpad in to the wall adapter, and the charging icon showed up. I left it plugged in for a couple of hours, and when I looked at it again, it hadn't gone up in charge whatsoever. I looked in the settings and it said battery was "discharging", even though the charging icon was clearly there on the bottom by the time.

Has anybody else here had problems charging? I plugged the Touchpad in to the wall adapter, and the charging icon showed up. I left it plugged in for a couple of hours, and when I looked at it again, it hadn't gone up in charge whatsoever. I looked in the settings and it said battery was "discharging", even though the charging icon was clearly there on the bottom by the time.

Did you install the Charger Fix?

kehs

Banned
I can't really comment unless I see the hardware implementation. I don't think it's software/CM dependent.

The ACME installer takes care of all the partitioning to prep for the CM install. Can't really how they set it up though.

reKon

Banned
decided to throw CM9 on this since everyone was doing it and I felt left out =[
I barely ever use the TP
. This thing is so much more smooth than Alpha 3.5.

Is Google Maps suppose to be working on this?

kharma45

I followed the guide for ICS to the letter but in my bootloader I don't get the option to boot into CM9 :S and when I reboot into WebOS the CM9 file has been deleted from the TouchPad

This is all I get

temporary-9.jpg

Any ideas?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

SRG01

I followed the guide for ICS to the letter but in my bootloader I don't get the option to boot into CM9 :S and when I reboot into WebOS the CM9 file has been deleted from the TouchPad

This is all I get

temporary-9.jpg

Any ideas?

Double check to see if the cm9 install zip was deleted from the cminstall directory. If it isn't deleted, then it probably wasn't installed?

kharma45

Go into webos and put cm9 into cminstall again. Make sure you use acmeinstaller2 but I'm sure you did.

Tried it three times now, and I am using ACMEInstaller2 yeah.

Double check to see if the cm9 install zip was deleted from the cminstall directory. If it isn't deleted, then it probably wasn't installed?

It has been deleted, seems to happen every time.

It goes through all the Linux stuff, reboots and there is no CM9 option.

I then boot into WebOS to check cminstall and there is no ROM ZIP in there even though I had one placed there.

clav

Battery life for ICS is terrible even with the fixes.

Feel like the thing is draining 1% every 2 minutes.

No background apps.

Ashhong

Battery life for ICS is terrible even with the fixes.

Feel like the thing is draining 1% every 2 minutes.

No background apps.

We talking when the screen is off? I'm not sure of exact numbers but I feel the battery is the same as Xron CM7, which is good enough for me. I don't know how good tablet batteries are supposed to be..

edit: wait, so that means a complete drain in 200 minutes? Screen off, thats totally wrong. Screen on, what apps are you running?

kharma45

Forget ACME then. Can you boot into CWM recovery and install the CM9 directly?

That also didn't work, I did however try a different CM9 download and it finally worked through ACME, must've been a problem with my ROM download.

Cheers for the help nonetheless guys!

clav

We talking when the screen is off? I'm not sure of exact numbers but I feel the battery is the same as Xron CM7, which is good enough for me. I don't know how good tablet batteries are supposed to be..

edit: wait, so that means a complete drain in 200 minutes? Screen off, thats totally wrong. Screen on, what apps are you running?

I never said the screen was off.

I turn off my tablet completely when I'm not using it.

Low brightness.

kharma45

what's the best app for taking screenshots in ICS?

When I was on gingerbread I always used shoot me but it doesn't seem to be on the market.

kehs

Banned
what's the best app for taking screenshots in ICS?

When I was on gingerbread I always used shoot me but it doesn't seem to be on the market.

I think it's built it. Look under display options, I think if you press and hold the "recent apps" button it will take a snapshot.

clav

I know, thats why it was the first thing I asked. What are you running when it loses battery like that?

Stock web browser. Google Reader. Gmail.

I also find that the battery % is lower when I turn my tablet on from cold boot compared to the battery % from previous use.

It is a similar problem with webOS as well as somehow the device in the off state consumes more battery than the webOS screen off idle state with wifi off.

Something's not right.

Ashhong

That sounds weird, especially the webOS part. Have you tried recalibrating the battery? Theres an on the market for you to easily do it.

clav

If it's like an Android phone, you can wipe battery stats in CWM (or amon recovery) after doing a full-charge with the device fully powered off.

The thing is the battery percentage does match with webOS's as of right now.

Top Bottom