• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Chinner said:
from what research ive done:
assassin's creed
car jack streets
peggle
real racing
rolando
enviro bear
Assassins Creed is boring, and not worth the money in my opinion. Get demo version first to be sure if you want it, but I was bored by it already. Get Edge instead, and also get Pinball Dreams, Zen Bound, Eliss and Doom Resurrection (excellent on-rails shooter, and 60FPS on 3GS).

lawblob said:
Is GloBall framerate a little choppy for anyone else?
On what device? It's pretty much rock sold 60FPS on 3GS. I got bored by it very quickly too though, so I didn't get very far.

Mik2121

Hey guys I have a question.

I have an iPod Touch 1stGen right now but I plan on buying the 3rdGen on September (?) and I was wondering.. I guess I'm able to put all my payed Apps in the new one, right? That means I could have all the bought apps on both my OLD and NEW iPod? I plan on giving the older one to my gf for her birthday (lol...) with all the apps and stuff I bought so she can have fun, but I wonder if I'll be able to keep all the apps on both iPod?

Mik2121 said:
Hey guys I have a question.

I have an iPod Touch 1stGen right now but I plan on buying the 3rdGen on September (?) and I was wondering.. I guess I'm able to put all my payed Apps in the new one, right? That means I could have all the bought apps on both my OLD and NEW iPod? I plan on giving the older one to my gf for her birthday (lol...) with all the apps and stuff I bought so she can have fun, but I wonder if I'll be able to keep all the apps on both iPod?

This is possible... a friend of mine has my old iPod, and he continually syncs it along with my new one almost every week

Mik2121

Keyser Soze said:
This is possible... a friend of mine has my old iPod, and he continually syncs it along with my new one almost every week
Sweet. Now I just hope my gf doesn't think I'm a cheap bastard because I bought the new iPod for me and gave her the older one...

But then again, she wouldn't use it for much more than music, and I will be playing games, doing some projects for it that might involve the camera, etc...

Lord Error said:
Assassins Creed is boring, and not worth the money in my opinion. Get demo version first to be sure if you want it, but I was bored by it already. Get Edge instead, and also get Pinball Dreams, Zen Bound, Eliss and Doom Resurrection (excellent on-rails shooter, and 60FPS on 3GS).

On what device? It's pretty much rock sold 60FPS on 3GS. I got bored by it very quickly too though, so I didn't get very far.

I don't think it's boring, it can just be frustrating. I'm not blaming the iPhone, any game can be unresponsive, even with a controll pad. It just doesn't always listen, and it's a little glitchy. I got a few hours of fun out of it, didn't beat it though.

Anyway my favorite games so far are Terminator, Radio Flare, Eliss, Battlefied, Edge, Castle of Magic, Dropship, NFS, Low Gravity Racer, Tap Star, and Mevo.

Khanage

Chinner said:
so ive just got a iphone 3gs (woop now i too am smug) and im juist wondering what games i should pick up?

from what research ive done:
assassin's creed
car jack streets
peggle
real racing
rolando
enviro bear

any other games im missing? wouldn't mind a tower defense game, more serious kind of game (action,rpg w/e) and stuff. also is sonic worth getting?

You need these games!

Rolando 2: better than the first game in every way.

Edge: Make sure to get this before it's taken off the app store again!

Sway

Zen Bound

Drop7: Like CRACK!

Real Racing.

Also check this awesome thread courtesy of Stoney Mason.
The Official iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming Recommendation Thread
This thread will get you up to speed with the world of iPhone gaming.
Video and app store links to all the games above are within this thread.

minx

Sorry if this has been posted already but Pandora Box (great app btw) informed me that GeoDefense us on sale for 99 cents. After beating every level in the demo except for one I bought it right away.

Spoit

minx88 said:
Sorry if this has been posted already but Pandora Box (great app btw) informed me that GeoDefense us on sale for 99 cents. After beating every level in the demo except for one I bought it right away.
Yeah, I just opened the thread to mention this. Also, Knights onrush and I dig it are also on sale for $1

I've owned geodefense since day 1 but only beat a handful of stages, it's nuts hard but very fun at least. A game I don't scream at when I loose.

Diablohead said:
I've owned geodefense since day 1 but only beat a handful of stages, it's nuts hard but very fun at least. A game I don't scream at when I loose.
Great game. My current nemesis is medium level 9: "Good Plumbing". I haven't been able to quite crack it yet.

hyp

geodefense is awesome. just got it. love the aesthetic and it's a step up challenge wise from The Creeps. worth 99 pennies for sure.

rexor0717 said:
Is Real Racing good? Is it worth $10?

It's the best "big budget" game on the iphone outside of maybe Rolando 2 imo. Honestly it's been out awhile so it's due for a price drop relatively soon if you want to wait.

I think it's a very good game though. And if you have a 3GS it runs damn good on it.

Vyer

The multiplayer peer to peer mode in Flight Control is pretty fun.

Except for those moments when my friend and I happen to accidentally send planes right at each other. :lol

Is there a good list of any other games with good multiplayer modes?

ElyrionX

Mik2121 said:
Sweet. Now I just hope my gf doesn't think I'm a cheap bastard because I bought the new iPod for me and gave her the older one...

But then again, she wouldn't use it for much more than music, and I will be playing games, doing some projects for it that might involve the camera, etc...

Kinda OT but if I was your GF, I'd dump you for being a cheap bastard. It's her birthday and you're buying yourself something new and giving her an old piece of crap as a gift?

ElyrionX said:
Kinda OT but if I was your GF, I'd dump you for being a cheap bastard. It's her birthday and you're buying yourself something new and giving her an old piece of crap as a gift?

:lol

If it's her birthday gift than this is really fucked up and greedy. If it's just a random gift then it's kinda nice.

Costanza

Banned
Some new 99c games that came out in the last hour..

TriDefense - 99c (pre-release 75% off price)

815267_4.jpg

815267_3.jpg

TriDefense is a new tower defense game with a unique feature: modifiable terrain. This opens a whole new world of possible strategies to win the game.

Get engaged with the challenging missions, discover new strategies to fight the new water enemies along the classic air and ground ones, but most of all, have tons of fun!

-- GAME FEATURES --

*MODIFIABLE TERRAIN:*
Flood the land, or build over water, creating new paths for your enemies. Use it to explore new and unique strategies.

*FREE PATH TOWER DEFENSE:*
Place your towers freely in the battle field, and expect your enemies coming from virtually anywhere.

*DIFFERENT MISSIONS:*
Beat your enemies in several missions, each one with unique objectives and a carefully planned terrain to challenge you. Enjoy each mission in the Rookie difficulty and get ready for the Expert!

*THREE KINDS OF ENEMIES:*
Besides the ground and air enemies available in most tower defense games, fight the new water enemies. Look out for the smart enemies too.

*TOWER ARSENAL:*
Deploy your 15-strong tower arsenal, each one with multiple upgrade paths.

*POSITIONAL AUDIO:*
Use your ear to know where the enemies are coming from!

Railroad Madness - 99c

412247.jpg

Costanza

Banned
Zombies and Me from EA is out - 99c

Panic! A billion zombies are attacking! Rancid flesh eaters are after Granny’s brains, soul, and delicious fresh baked apple pies. You're the only one between them and her. Fate has dealt you a deuce - you're unarmed! Luckily the military is carpet bombing your area and those mindless Zombies can't help but stare up at the incoming bombs.

YOUR TASK: lead zombies into impact zones then watch their bodies explode with gory satisfaction! How long can you and Granny survive?!

* Endless zombies to EXPLODE!
* EXPLOSIONS!!
* More EXPLOSIONS!!!
* 3 unique ways to die!

976317.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Stoney Mason said:
I'm not sure I like this idea of a game a month from them or even EA trying to be the edgy outsiders. We'll see.
It's just one small studio that does that. They are still supposed to release regular bigger games that take more time to develop.

That Zombie game looks pretty cool but it's another one of those "beat your best time/score" games, which I have enough of. Level based games, please. Thanks.

Why is Rolando 2 Plus+ not recording some of the awards? I beat the Beach levels and got all the medals but it's not giving me the Beach "all medals" award. If you beat a level with two medals (win the level after the timer runs out), then beat the level a second time without getting all the crystals but beating the clock does that count toward getting "all medals" award?

Does that make sense?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Solideliquid said:
Why is Rolando 2 Plus+ not recording some of the awards? I beat the Beach levels and got all the medals but it's not giving me the Beach "all medals" award. If you beat a level with two medals (win the level after the timer runs out), then beat the level a second time without getting all the crystals but beating the clock does that count toward getting "all medals" award?

Does that make sense?
that's how I did it, and it worked fine.

strange. are you sure you've finished all the levels completely? are all the level icons all red?

Rez said:
that's how I did it, and it worked fine.

strange. are you sure you've finished all the levels completely? are all the level icons all red?

2wnr6o5.jpg

2ug1575.jpg

The game says I got the award but Plus+ doesn't seem to agree.

BTW - I'm solideliquid on Plus+ feel free to add me and send me challenges and whatever.

Oh, I seem to have made an error, the map I'm talking about is "Kingdom of Rolando", not "Beach"...

EDIT --- OK so searching the ngmoco site has turned up some info. This isn't a new problem.

http://getsatisfaction.com/ngmoco/t...ken_kingdom_of_rolando_got_all_rolando_medals

TheExodu5 said:
I'm not touching any graphically demanding game without a demo anymore. Heroes of Sparta and Zenonia run horribly on a 3G.
Zenonia is capped at 30fps or something, never going to run silky smooth even on a 3gs.

Khanage

Flunkie said:
I just got 257,257 on Drop7. That's the best I've ever done so far.

Is this on normal or hardcore?

The highest I got on normal is 258,653, and my highest on hardcore is 529,603.
I pretty much exclusively play on hardcore. IMO it is the better mode.

Barrett2

truth-lasers said:

Oh my god... this thread is dangerous for my wallet. Too many games. :D

After playing GloBall a few hours, I like it. It is very bright and colorful, and I can see why it has such a broad casual appeal; a lot of stuff appears to be happening, but none of it seems to have too much of an effect on how you play or strategy, its basically just using the accelerometer to play pachinko... I think. The GPS score comparison thing is cool, but so far the city score comparison feature isn't working.

Mik2121

ElyrionX said:
I didn't say I would ONLY give her the old iPod :lol :lol Of course I plan on buying her some nice clothes she wants and dinning outside. The iPod is sort of an 'extra' :p

(Also, I'm buying the newer iPod for myself because my birthday is only one week after her birthday)

Opiate

I'm considering moving from an iPod Touch to an iPhone. Anyone know if you can transfer the apps you've purchased on one device to another if you request it? I don't want to buy any more applications unless I know I can take them with me (if the purchase does indeed occur).

Edit: Just to make it clear, I'm implying that the iPod Touch I currently have would lose all these apps, and the iPhone would gain them. I'm not simply wanting duplicate copies of my apps, more like a license transfer to a new device.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
TheOneGuy said:
When I see this on the app store page

Endless zombies to EXPLODE!
EXPLOSIONS!!
More EXPLOSIONS!!!
3 unique ways to die!

how can I NOT buy?!

So all I have to do is be hilariously irrelevant and you'll buy it?

Cool, my game is called Monkey Pants and the description is

Zombies!
Dinosaurs!
Wizards!
2 Different Types of Pants!
The only way to describe it is "horse"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom