• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Left 4 Dead Thread

Coin Return

Loose Slot
CoilShot said:
So beta/demo keys go out tomorrow for 360 but you won't be able to play until Thursday right?
I'm guessing that you'll be able to download the demo, but the servers won't go online till Thursday. I pre-ordered earlier today for 360 and entered my info at gamestop.com, but I have this nagging feeling I'm gonna get screwed out of a code somehow.

Durandal

Banned
Jirotrom said:
hey guys can you point me to some good pc gaming headphones? do 5.1 headphones really work?

If you dont want to spend big go with the aforementioned Sennheiser 555 + a JVC SU-DH1. It emulates sorround-sound very well. If your not an absolute audiophile this combo will blow you away. Amp the Cans up with a headphone-amp and your in gaming heaven.

106687_su_dh1.jpg

Soule

This game isn't even out and it's already proving a pretty big distraction for my exams lol. It comes out days before my last exam and the demo comes out the day before another 2 of my assessments, it's sooo badly timed for me. Can't wait for it to all be over so I can just chillax and mow down some zombies :)

Just because I can't believe it wasn't in the OP....

Zombie.jpg

Please. See this film if you havn't already. Trashy just-above-exploitation Italian classic. If you have ever wanted to see a zombie versus naked woman versus tiger shark fight, do it. DO IT.

Oh yeah, and 360 for me as well. Who's ready for some inebriated co-op first night?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Durandal said:
If you dont want to spend big go with the aforementioned Sennheiser 555 + a JVC SU-DH1. It emulates sorround-sound very well. If your not an absolute audiophile this combo will blow you away. Amp the Cans up with a headphone-amp and your in gaming heaven.

106687_su_dh1.jpg
Or raid the pawn shops for a receiver. I found a Yamaha HTR 5440 5.1 receiver for less than what the JVC SU-DH1 is selling for. One person's hardship is another's fortune.

Momar

aka Ryder
Quick question friends (might've already been answered):

I preordered from Gamestop, but didn't receive any type of code. When are those supposed to go out?

Hunter D said:
I have an amazon preorder and was wondering if I would be getting a key?
I'm in the same situation as you. The answer is most likely NO, but you'll receive the full game at a wonderful price.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Akia said:
I kinda want to know what they have in store for DLC already.
More importantly, will X360 owners who are paying $60 (or $55 if you preorder) have to pay for future free DLC available to PC players?

CoilShot

Ryder said:
Quick question friends (might've already been answered):

I preordered from Gamestop, but didn't receive any type of code. When are those supposed to go out?

Did you fill out the page on gamestop/ebgames website for the code?

DenogginizerOS said:
More importantly, will X360 owners who are paying $60 (or $55 if you preorder) have to pay for future free DLC available to PC players?

I think that is likely. In TF2's case, we know Valve wants the TF2 DLC to be free and Microsoft doesn't. Maybe they can get some sort of "sponsorship" to make it free anyways. If that is the case, then I don't see why L4D wouldn't get the same treatment.

CoilShot

Ok I have a bit of a problem here. Has anyone got the $5 off preorder bonus from an actual store? I might have to cancel my preorder and order it online just to get the $5 off :/ I check with 2 different stores and it seems they not giving the $5 off :/

Coin Return

Loose Slot
CoilShot said:
Ok I have a bit of a problem here. Has anyone got the $5 off preorder bonus from an actual store? I might have to cancel my preorder and order it online just to get the $5 off :/ I check with 2 different stores and it seems they not giving the $5 off :/
When I reserved it yesterday at Gamestop, I got the $5 bonus.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
this game looks soooo damn amazing

Got a whole group of buddies getting it, but i'm worried I won't be able to host the games per usual. Steam games always have an issue with me. :/

Are they gonna start the preloading anytime soon though or what? I mean, I'm ready and I'd hate to see friday go to shit cause so many people will be wanting to download it.

Volcynika

Fallout-NL said:
Are they gonna start the preloading anytime soon though or what? I mean, I'm ready and I'd hate to see friday go to shit cause so many people will be wanting to download it.

Well the pre-order demo comes tomorrow, so who knows! :p

winnarps

Picking up The Walking Dead today just from the recommendations in this thread.

Already have the survival guide and WWZ. Decent books, but they left me wanting more.

I seriously cannot wait for this game. Dead Rising was the reason I picked up a 360 in the first place. I might even double dip because the PC community will likely be far more active with mods, support from Valve, etc.

Now, trying to convince my 360 friends that this will be more fun to play through than CoD:WaW is an entire other matter. /sigh

I fucking hated Dead Rising though. Didn't like the silly tone and there was a terrible, t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e game, constantly keeping me from slaughtering hordes of zombies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
winnarps said:
Picking up The Walking Dead today just from the recommendations in this thread.

Already have the survival guide and WWZ. Decent books, but they left me wanting more.

I seriously cannot wait for this game. Dead Rising was the reason I picked up a 360 in the first place. I might even double dip because the PC community will likely be far more active with mods, support from Valve, etc.

Now, trying to convince my 360 friends that this will be more fun to play through than CoD:WaW is an entire other matter. /sigh

The Walking Dead is fantastic. The hardcovers from amazon.com are probably the best deal you'll find.

saelz8 said:
E-mailed Gabe asking him whether the demo is at midnight tonight, or tomorrow afternoon.
Valve is probably the only company I know where you can E-Mail the president and actually get a response.
I remember writing a letter to Gabe because I enjoyed Half-Life 2 so much and he sent me a thank you in return.
I <3 Valve:D

DaFish

darkressurection said:
Valve is probably the only company I know where you can E-Mail the president and actually get a response.
I remember writing a letter to Gabe because I enjoyed Half-Life 2 so much and he sent me a thank you in return.
I <3 Valve:D

Same with Q Games, e-mails from Dylan Cuthbert as well.

Mrbob

Gully State said:
Anyone know when the gamestop codes are going to be mailed out?

Wish I knew, but if I don't get my code today I will go into nerd rage. I'll go to gamestop to specifically kick over magazine racks and then leave.

I am so glad to hear that there's a highly lethal expert mode.

I knew this game was going to be special the first time I heard about it. Just two excruciatingly long weeks to go.

Somebody needs to set up a Steam Community as well as an XBL account to collect names of people who want to play. I'll volunteer for either if there aren't already plans in place.

NeoUltima

Is there going to be a PC demo for people that don't preorder? When if so? Thanks

edit: o its at the very top of the op. nov 11

Mrbob

wayward archer said:
I am so glad to hear that there's a highly lethal expert mode.

I knew this game was going to be special the first time I heard about it. Just two excruciatingly long weeks to go.

Somebody needs to set up a Steam Community as well as an XBL account to collect names of people who want to play. I'll volunteer for either if there aren't already plans in place.

Definitely. Need a GAF steam community L4D page.

Top Bottom