• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I've been working on a little side-project inbetween ibar 3.0, Camden, moving flat and everything else (my life currently seems to be on Fast-Forward!) ...

> Deck'ard's '3-Stage Detox For The Soul' (aka 'MUSIC THERAPY')
<fixed download link coming soon>
(this link will expire in 14 days, so get downloading because the 3 archives are HUGE bitches! ;)

21j8v7t.jpg

As everyone I know seems to have been going through (and still is going through) a LOT of shit the last few months, I've put together some 'MUSIC THERAPY'. Because music is POWERFUL shit, which is why we've been making it ever since Day 1. Although fortunately we've progressed a bit further than just banging rocks with sticks! Because as well as ibar, hospitals, and my friends, it was MUSIC that kept me standing =)

Here are 3 sets of tunes, from many genres, and from many decades, so there will be something for EVERYONE:

Daft Punk, Eminem, Snap!, Harold Faltermeyer, Crookers Vs. Kid Cudi, Primal Scream, Hot Chip, The Charlatans, Air, Armand Van Helden, Portishead, Moby, Just Jack, Puretone, Eric Prydz Vs. Pink Floyd, Run DMC Vs. Jason Nevins, Babylon Zoo, Outkast, Gorillaz, Ice Cube, Gary Numan, Princess Superstar, B.B.E., All Saints, George Michael, Fiction Factory, Mylo, Wu-Tang Clan, Morcheeba, Groove Armada, The Crystal Method, Justice ...

Each set though, shares a similar THEME ... ;)

So, if you are feeling a bit shit, PUT SOME FUCKING MUSIC ON! :D

DETOX INSTRUCTIONS:

Listen to tracks from Stage 1, then Stage 2, then Stage 3. As many as you have time for from each set (there's 25 in each), but do so in the right order of stages. Music can either lift you up, or push you down. Depending on how the person who created it was feeling, and what message they were trying to get across.

This is what my DJ sets as Deck'ard are all about after all, just I only play the UPLIFTING stuff now ... :D

After Stage 3, if you are not feeling a bit better, ibar will give you your money back! And you know where to come for more of the same by any new artists you discover during the detox process ... ;)

As the VERY wonderful Client would say:

"Satisfaction Guaranteed"

Enjoi! \(^_^)/
Andy aka Deck'ard

-

Full playlist details follow, if you want to reconstruct them perfectly in iTunes. The detox works best if it's followed in the correct order:

'Detox For The Soul > Stage 1'

Eminem - Stan
Eminem - Superman
Afroman - Because I got high
Mobb Deep - Got It Twisted (Dj Twitch REMIX)
Busta Rhymes - Pass The Courvoisier ft. P. Di
Princess Superstar - Bad Babysitter
Mr. Lif - Success (feat. Aesop Rock)
Maskinen - Alla Som Inte Dansar (Mister Thingamy Remix)
Gary Numan - Metal
Stereo MC's - Creation
Run DMC Vs. Jason Nevins - It's Like That (Drop The Break Radio Edit)
Eminem - The Way I Am
50 Cent - 21 Questions (Featuring Nate Dogg)
Outkast - So Fresh So Clean
Gorillaz - Sound Check
D12 - Rap Game
Arrested Development - Give A Man A Fish
Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite (Crookers Remix)
Wu-Tang Clan - Gravel Pit (Disco Villains Remix)
Eminem - White America
Ice Cube - You Can Do It
Eminem Feat. Nate Dogg - Shake That
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
50 Cent - Wanksta
Moby & Public Enemy - Make Love Fuck War

-

'Detox For The Soul > Stage 2'

Moby - Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?
Portishead - Glory Box
Eric Prydz Vs. Floyd - Proper Education (Radio)
Snap! - The Power
Prodigy - Voodoo People
Groove Armada Feat. Mutya - Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control)
Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul (Fake Blood Remix)
iio - Rapture (Original Radio Edit)
Tomcraft - Loneliness [Radio Edit]
Puretone - Addicted To Bass
FC/Kahuna - Hayling [Original]
Air - Cherry Blossom Girl (Radio Mix)
Prodigy - SMACK MY BITCH UP [BASS WEAZAL REMIX] [320]
Moby - Rushing
Daft Punk - Robot Rock
Massive Attack - Angel
Portishead - Roads
Justice - Waters Of Nazareth
Mylo - Dirty Minds Rework
The Crystal Method - Name Of The Game
Moby - Porcelain
Air - Sexy Boy
Morcheeba - The Sea
Prodigy - Firestarter (Edit)
Groove Armada - At The River

-

'Detox For The Soul > Stage 3'

Black Legend - You See The Trouble With Me
All Saints - Black Coffee
Babylon Zoo - Spaceman (Radio Edit)
Soup Dragons - I'm Free
Freak Power - Turn On, Tune In, Cop Out
Shakespear's Sister - Stay
Yazoo - Don't Go
Primal Scream - Rocks
Just Jack - Writer's Block
The Charlatans - One To Another
Doctor & The Medics - Spirit in the Sky
Harold Flatermeyer - Axel F
Happy Mondays - Step On
Stereo MC's - Step It Up
Jamelia - Thank You
Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor (Peter Dragontail Remix)
B.B.E. - Seven Days And One Week (Now! Remix)
Tori Amos - Professional Widow (Paul Woolford Space Edits)
New Order - World In Motion
Tina Charles - I Love To Love
Primal Scream - Loaded
George Michael - Flawless (Go To The City) (Album Version)
The Charlatans - North Country Boy
Fiction Factory - Feels Like Heaven
The Lightning Seeds - The Life Of Riley

ibar, discover stuff.
www.ibar.com // ibarmusic.blogspot.com

=)

btkadams

i give you props for making a hardcore post nash, but um.... it would be sweet if the DL link worked lol. it says i need to log in and when i log in with my account it says i have incorrect credentials... which of us are you letting download it? :lol

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
btkadams said:
i give you props for making a hardcore post nash, but um.... it would be sweet if the DL link worked lol. it says i need to log in and when i log in with my account it says i have incorrect credentials... which of us are you letting download it? :lol

Hmmmm!

It lets me download it ok ...

Don't say I'm going to have to upload all that again!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok it's off again!

I'll add the new download link in when it's done in infinite+1 hours again!

Cheers for the heads-up =)

btkadams

Nash said:
Hmmmm!

It lets me download it ok ...

Don't say I'm going to have to upload all that again!
Yousendit said:
This file has been sent with the Certified Delivery option, which requires us to verify the identity of the recipient. You will need to login to your YouSendIt account before you may download the file. If you do not have a YouSendIt account, you can create one for free.

Note: For certified delivery, you must login to YouSendIt using the same email address which received this file (as specified by the original sender). If you already have a YouSendIt account registered to a different email address, you can add the email address which received this file as an alternate email address to your existing account. If you create a new YouSendIt account, please be sure to use the same email address which received this file.
thats what it says in the above quote.
Nash said:
Ok it's off again!

I'll add the new download link in when it's done in infinite+1 hours again!

Cheers for the heads-up =)
no worries, thanks for the work you're doing! i saw your status earlier and i was like.... holy shit is he putting something up on the blog?!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Haha, I made it TOO secure! :D

The mp3 that goes up in the next couple of days is MASSIVE, and best track of the 00's so far in my opinion ...

And it will have some VERY nice support acts as well!

btkadams

Nash said:
Haha, I made it TOO secure! :D

The mp3 that goes up in the next couple of days is MASSIVE, and best track of the 00's so far in my opinion ...

And it will have some VERY nice support acts as well!
im stoked!! :D :D

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Deck'ard's '3-Stage Detox For The Soul' is FINALLY up! :D

http://tinyurl.com/ibardetox

mp3's from:

Daft Punk, Eminem, Snap!, Harold Faltermeyer, Crookers Vs. Kid Cudi, Primal Scream, Hot Chip, The Charlatans, Air, Armand Van Helden, Portishead, Moby, Just Jack, Puretone, Eric Prydz Vs. Pink Floyd, Run DMC Vs. Jason Nevins, Babylon Zoo, Outkast, Gorillaz, Ice Cube, Gary Numan, Princess Superstar, B.B.E., All Saints, George Michael, Fiction Factory, Mylo, Wu-Tang Clan, Morcheeba, Groove Armada, The Crystal Method, Justice ...

+ LOADS MORE! :D

If you like my music, and think someone else will as well, then send them that URL.

Hope you like it's effects people! ;)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
btkadams said:
and downloading now, thanks for the working links ;)

Any tracks out of the 75 (count 'em!) you like, just let me know and I can point you in the direction of other tracks/artists you may like ...

=)

btkadams

Nash said:
Any tracks out of the 75 (count 'em!) you like, just let me know and I can point you in the direction of other tracks/artists you may like ...

=)
only gotten a chance to listen through about 10 tracks so i can't judge yet but i will let you know :)

and a few of these tracks i already have, oh em gee...same music tastes....oh em geee

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Got a cool mix I've been listening to lately... Lovebirds live at Beta Lounge. A great mix of cosmic disco, loungey type grooves, and deep house. Highly recommended.

http://ftp.vinylgruve.com/lovebirds_betalounge.mp3

1. lovebirds - smooth & fatfree
2. lovebirds - juicy jizz
3. lovebirds - circus 53
4. lovebirds - u give me
5. lovebirds - everything
6. lovebirds feat holly backler - give me a sign (comin on winding road this year)
7. lovebirds & vincenzo - cant get along (from modern stalking ep on wr)
8. lovebirds - sarice
9. lovebirds - tuesday (comin on teardrop this year)
10. lovebirds & vincenzo - national (comin on teardrop this year)
11. lovebirds - alright
12. lovebirds - modern stalking (from modern stalking ep on wr)
13. lovebirds - stopp
14. lovebirds - this feelin
15. lovebirds feat holly backler - give me a sign (dubfuck) (comin on winding road this year)
16. lovebirds - q vs blaze
17. lovebirds feat holly backler - in the shadows (comin on winding road this year)
18. lovebirds & vincenzo - M.U.S.I.C. (comin on teardrop this year)
19. lovebirds - snary
20. lovebirds - the night (comin on winding road this year)
21. lovebirds - gentle (comin on teardrop this year)
22. kneedeep - darlin (from big love ep on kneedeep rec out now)
23. lovebirds feat ruben - right in the middle
24. lovebirds - i dont know why (from modern stalking ep on wr)

joelseph

Something new by me, please give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Winter Mix 2 by Joelseph

29MB
30min
(Hip-hop/World/Club)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/548280013e084277/

Roll it up intro - Grandmas Boy
Arab Money (SoulForce RMX) - Busta Rhymes & Ron Browz
Murder She Wrote - Indian Chaka Demus
Brooklyn Cumbia - ODB vs Uproot Andy
Wanna Be - Los Rakas
The Sixpack Anthem (Orgasmic Lay Low Remix feat. E. Mackey) - Orgasmic
Dona Gigi - Os Cacadores
A Milli (Scottie B Remix) - Lil' Wayne
A Milli Remix - Los Rakas
Secousse (Mumdance remix) - Radioclit
Secousse (No vocal) - Radioclit
Bubble Up (feat. Gucci Mane) - Remi
Bitches (South Rakkas Crew Remix) - Killa Queenz
Kingston Town (Uproot Andy Remix) - Alborosie
Floor on Fire (feat Machel Montana & Lil Jon) - Pitbull
Can't Tell Me Nothing (Dj Godfather Remix) - Kayne West
Quien Maneja Mi Barca (Remedios Amaya Cover) (BL Rewind 2) - Hidrogenesse
Da Game Been Good To Me - UGK
Just Briefly - Daedelus
Shake N Bake - J Money
W - Mr. Oizo
The Fix 1.2 Old Money

I was in a club last night and it was awesome. Unfortunately the DJ didn't even know the stuff he played.. :lol

Well, I found out that one track I liked was treasure fingers - cross the dancefloor

But there were other three songs, I hope GAF's Electro crowd could recognize:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/54906473b96084ee/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/54906513fc665b63/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/549065342c946aab/

I recorded them with my cellphone, so there are lots of distortions, but I would appreciate any help.

btkadams

Graf Nudu said:
I was in a club last night and it was awesome. Unfortunately the DJ didn't even know the stuff he played.. :lol

Well, I found out that one track I liked was treasure fingers - cross the dancefloor

I recorded them with my cellphone, so there are lots of distortions, but I would appreciate any help.
hmmm... im not sure. but they do sound like cool songs. someone help us figure this out!

Dartastic said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, I went to him and said like "Could you write down the name of the song?" and gave him a pen and a piece of paper. He was just staring at me and asked his DJ buddy what they were playing. He shrugged with his shoulders and told me that they don't know what they are playing...

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Graf Nudu said:

The third one is without a doubt Laidback Luke vs A Trak - Shake It Down, but I don't even hear something that sounds like a song in the other two :(

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I played the SET OF MY LIFE @ ibar last night! :D :D :D

From the pre-set Facebook hype:

DECK'ARD said:
TONIGHT! > DECK'ARD'S 'REQUIEM FOR A DREAM' DJ set @ ibar! :D
Yesterday at 11:47

2rnhpy1.jpg

+ Happy Lunar New Year (apparently)!

So celebrate the New Year with a first for Bournemouth as far as a I know - a hybrid music+film DJ set by yours truly. I am WELL excited! :D

As well as samples from the film's soundtrack, expect tunes from:

Simian Mobile Disco, Daft Punk, John B, Prodigy, Robots In Disguise!, Treasure Fingers, Fake Blood, SPYPER, Lock N Load, Fischerspooner, Ladytron, Utah Saints, Goose, Waldorf, Snap!, Chemical Brothers, Boy 8-Bit, Benny Benassi, Soulwax ...

... and it included the FIRST play ANYWHERE in THE WORLD of ADAM SKY'S (aka ADAMSKI) remake of KILLER (the best 90's dance track by FAR!)

SO proud of this, the Kaoss effects I did sound AMAZING when you are able to hear them back properly! :D

Teaser
DECK'ARDS 'Requiem For A Dream' (LIVE @ ibar) Teaser

DECK'ARDS 'Requiem For A Dream' (LIVE Kaoss Mix @ ibar) - Complete (5h27)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/55141026792347e0/

=)

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I'm kinda excited for this. Love requiem for a dream, and love most of the names you dropped. :)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
DECK'ARDS 'Requiem For A Dream' (LIVE @ ibar) IS ONLINE! :D :D :D

DECK'ARD said:
DECK'ARDS 'Requiem For A Dream' (LIVE @ ibar)

-

On Friday @ THE WIRED I played the DJ set OF MY LIFE! :D

I'm so proud of this, the best thing I have EVER done! I always wanted to be a DJ ... =)

DECK'ARDS 'Requiem For A Dream' (LIVE @ ibar)

http://ibarmusic.blogspot.com/2009/02/deckards-requiem-for-dream-live-ibar.html

http://ibar.com/media/requiemedit.mov
http://ibar.com/media/requiemteaser.mov
http://ibar.com/media/requiemteaser2.mov

Track #4 was the first play ANYWHERE in the WORLD of ADAM SKY'S (aka motherfucking ADAMSKI!) remake of the best dance track of the 90's > KILLER! :D

The edit is also available for iPod/iPhone:

http://ibar.com/media/requiemeditipod.mov

-

DECK'ARD = DIGITAL DJ, and this set is also a good demonstration of what this little set-up can do:

2 x Pioneer CDJ400's
1 x Korg Kaoss KM-202 Mixer (aka the 'Jesus Mixer')
2 x 8GB Memory Sticks (around 1000 mp3's on each, no CD's/Vinyl/laptop are used)
1 x Sony ICD-UX71aS MP3 Digital Recorder

This was recorded live @ ibar, with no editing and all Kaoss effects were performed in realtime, mid-set. The Kaoss Mixer makes things SO much more creative, and makes MUCH more sense having the Kaoss Pad BUILT-IN to the mixer, giving you intuitive control of both channels. You are effectively remixing the tracks you play in realtime, and adding your 'touches' to the artist's work. It also makes EVERY Kaoss DJ set TOTALLY unique, and you could never re-create it even if you tried! A TRULY one-off experience for the punters ... =)

Next-Generaton DJ'ing BABY! :D

-

The full 5 hours 27 minute-long set, with 111 (count 'em!) tracks will be available to download from zShare soon ...

Simian Mobile Disco, Daft Punk, John B, Prodigy, Robots In Disguise!, Treasure Fingers, Fake Blood, SPYPER, Lock N Load, Fischerspooner, Ladytron, Utah Saints, Goose, Waldorf, Snap!, Planet Funk, Chemical Brothers, Boy 8-Bit, Benny Benassi, Soulwax ...

Until then, ENJOI! \(^_^)/

.... and see you next time for Blade Runner! ;)

Andy aka DECK'ARD
ibar, discover stuff // www.ibar.com // ibarmusic.blogspot.com // youtube.com/user/ibartv

Hope you like it!

=)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
PS: Could a Mod change my username to DECK'ARD?

It would make a LOT more sense than Nash now =)

Cheers!

btkadams

i've never seen requiem for a dream... i gotta check it out. downloading the mix now nash :)

and pm a mod for a name change.

Shaneus

When you say "Kaoss mixer" do you mean the Kaoss Pad or is there a new mixer out that has a touchpad on it?

Edit: KM-402? I'd never even heard of it :lol Looks like fun though... adjusting loops and all effects with it?!? Looks like I've found my next purchase! And my local has them on clearance for $649AU :D

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah the Korg Kaoss Mixers are DISGUSTINGLY cheap now!

And solid metal as well! High-quality all round, like all Korg stuff. I guess they didn't sell because no-one 'got' them, and DJ's were afraid of change and relearning their techniques. But change is GOOD!

My little KM-202 blows AWAY our Pioneer DJM800 in the club! Once you've used the Korg, all other mixers seem like mere TOYS.

Seriously.

Korg <3

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Graf Nudu said:
Wow, I never knew that the Kaoss Pad was below 400€ now. :O

I'm so hot for this one:

The KM-202 isn't just a Kaoss Pad, it's a FULL mixer with the Kaoss Pad built-in. And yep, it's THAT cheap! I still feel guilty for buying it at that price!

And yep, the CDJ400's are the best CDJ's around, forget they 1000 Mk3's. You can get my ENTIRE DJ set-up for less than the cost of ONE of them!

It's not what you spend, it's what you spend it ON ;)

Nash said:
The KM-202 isn't just a Kaoss Pad, it's a FULL mixer with the Kaoss Pad built-in. And yep, it's THAT cheap! I still feel guilty for buying it at that price!

Nice, I didn't know this.

Nash said:
And yep, the CDJ400's are the best CDJ's around, forget they 1000 Mk3's. You can get my ENTIRE DJ set-up for less than the cost of ONE of them!

Yeah, I had a crush on the CDJ 400, too. And they are better for my wallet, I guess. :lol

Guys, listen to this:

clp - ready or not (diplo & dj sega remix) <-- They played this one in the club last weekend.

fukkk offf - rave is king (le castle vania remix) <--- So damn good!

moshipet - vneck (comixXx remix)

miike snow - animal (crookers remix)

fake blood - blood splashing (fake blood theme)

Shaneus

I was tempted to get the 202, but the 402 is only $10 more at the same retailer :lol

Okay... in all o' y'all honest opinion, is it worth upgrading from the Numark DXM-06?
Numark-DXM06.jpg

TBH, as long as the SQ isn't terrible (and I can't seem to find that much info on the quality of it) then I should be happy. Shit, I rarely use effects on my current mixer as it is, but if they're of decent quality on this one I might have to get into it. Especially for only $650AU.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Change from Numark to KORG? FUCK YEAH man!

The sound-quality of the Korg mixers with even the 6 different styles of EQ for low/mid/high is UNPARALLELED. Not to mention the Kaoss Pad's 100 effects of course.

It would be a MASSIVE upgrade to move onto Korg! :D Kaoss is an 'art' though, which you will need to learn and put time into, but it's SO good when you 'get' it! The fact it's so 'simple' once it clicks is what makes it's so, SO powerful.

Listen to my Requiem For A Dream mix for a taste of what you can do, especially with the beat-matched sampler on the Simian Mobile Disco's 'Hustler' ...

http://ibarmusic.blogspot.com

Shaneus

Which file has Hustler in it? I'm at work so can't really go through any of the stuff.

BTW, is that the AVH remix? If so, you are godly for bringing that track back!

In other news: DIM played at my local on Sunday night. About A HUNDRED FUCKING PEOPLE showed up... pathetic. Played some pretty decent shit, though, including:

Danse en France (DIM remix)
Is You
Disco Sirens (DIM remix)
Mr. Oizo - Positif
Worry About It Later (Switch remix)

...yet, didn't play his remix of My People. A track by an Australian band WHILE HE WAS IN AUSTRALIA. Go figure. Either way, still good to hear something different, though.

But I reckon I could do better ;)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shaneus said:
Which file has Hustler in it? I'm at work so can't really go through any of the stuff.

BTW, is that the AVH remix? If so, you are godly for bringing that track back!

Hustler is in the Requiem For A Dream (LIVE @ ibar) Edit

If zShare behaves itself today, I'll have the full 5 hours 27-minute extravaganza up by tonight. I ressurrect quite a few classics in it, as well as current/unreleased stuff like the KILLER remake. Disco Sirens is in there too!

I'll also be uploading some of the individual tracks from the mix where I'm really pleased with the Kaoss'ing. First one being:

Tiga - I Wear My Sunglasses @ Night (DECK'ARDS Live Kaoss Mix)

=)

Shaneus

Believe it or not, you've actually inspired me! Sometime in the next few days, I'll be working on a Hackers-inspired mix, with a shitload of Underworld and Leftfield tracks :D

And I hope to be playing with one of those mixers today... I still can't find any good, solid (balanced) impressions on the mixer so I'm gonna have to try it out for myself, I think.

While we're here, can anyone else recommend a mixer for around the $700AU? (~$300US)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
A TON of DECK'ARD mp3's are uploading as we speak! :D

These are seriously the BEST thing I have EVER done! Worms took 4 years, ibar took 3 years, this lot were all done in ONE night! I don't know how I kept it up for 5 hours 27 minutes ...

I'm going to upload my 'Ulysses 31' set from last night for NeoGAF before it goes up on the blog as a thank you for all your support and encouragement ...

Watch this space! ;)

Top Bottom