• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

F0xyme

Neo Member
Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

MOD NOTE - For your first post dont just put "Hi" or "Hey" or "Yo" or something. We get a lot of bots so to distinguish please make your first post at least a sentence to show you arent a robot. And we can learn more about you that way! Thank you.
Hi chat, I'm shy but thats the way it goes

Adeptus

Sorry, but I wanted to ask when it is possible to gain, You know "sufficient priviliges to post threads"? I can't find the rules anywhere.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Welcome new folks.

I think we hit over 500 active, logged in users the other afternoon when I checked? Nice to see fresh faces so to speak.

Welcome to all the new faces, and much thanks to the current administration for allowing new voices to NeoGAF (something the old regime stubbornly resisted). I say we open the doors wide and welcome everyone into the community.

ckstine

New here over the past few weeks, have made like 30ish posts or so, so figured I'm early enough for this kinda thing. I'm 23, born and reside in Des Moines, but truly live at the gym. I am a programmer for a company that I'll leave undisclosed. Graphics snob and stuff too I guess. Favourite movie is Eastern Promises. Anyways, hello.

David B

An Idiot
New here over the past few weeks, have made like 30ish posts or so, so figured I'm early enough for this kinda thing. I'm 23, born and reside in Des Moines, but truly live at the gym. I am a programmer for a company that I'll leave undisclosed. Graphics snob and stuff too I guess. Favourite movie is Eastern Promises. Anyways, hello.
Hey there, welcome, been here about 2 years now. Anyway I have a big stomach gut sticking out and I'm overweight. I was 190 but now 170. I'm 5' 3" so my ideal weight is 120 lbs. I been losing weight. But will I need a surgery to remove excess skin when I lose the weight?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Welcome. We need more than 30 post though.

ckstine

Hey there, welcome, been here about 2 years now. Anyway I have a big stomach gut sticking out and I'm overweight. I was 190 but now 170. I'm 5' 3" so my ideal weight is 120 lbs. I been losing weight. But will I need a surgery to remove excess skin when I lose the weight?
Most likely not, if you hit the gym enough, and make sure to work your core. I used to be about 25-30 pounds overweight, but I worked on myself and lost it all, and now I'm pretty much way into the body building at home scene. Just put in the time and effort, and I'm sure you'll make it, king. Recognizing that you have to make a change is the biggest step, and losing 20 pounds already is really impressive. Keep up the good work, and it'll pay off bro!

I've lost roughly 115lbs since last July and I def. have loose skin on my stomach and around my chest, but it's not so egregious that it's a real issue of any accord or even looks that bad to be honest. It's there, but it's not the first thing you notice when I take my shirt off. I'm 6' 2.5" and was 300lbs, currently around 185lb or so. I'd say that if you aren't weight lifting, get on it now. Even if you are left with a bit of skin, having that muscle will make all the difference.

Last edited:

Wolfbeta

Neo Member
78x66eG.png

I'm happy to do my part!

Are there any PlayStation Underground alumni here?

I've been a gamer since the NES. I used to enjoy RTS and JRPG games, but I quit cold turkey just as GTA IV, MGS 4, and The Last of Us were released.

I check in from time to time, but ever since EA steamrolled all of the independent studios, I'm convinced that the golden years are behind us. It seems like everything is a remake, reboot, remaster, or requel. Horse armor was the point where it all went downhill. Change my mind.

I still don't understand how anyone can pay for mods and skins.

Obligatory 'back in my day, there were only 151 Pokémon'.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I don't think I ever introduced myself properly. I'm R.....a. I'm younger than you think cause GAF is a wild ride you get pulled into. No matter what. Found the Neo lol. Right now I'm a chef working mostly with chicken and pork ribs/pulled pork. Open bar too. A great place. Also I love women. I think that's good enough.

Kurakasis

Neo Member
Hi, Kurakasis here. Longtime lurker. I'm from Poland, and I like games, but to be honest, I prefer reading about them. For the past few years, I've enjoyed the hype around certain titles, and it's almost always more exciting than actually playing them. :)

I don't want to promote myself in any way, but I enjoy digging for leaks. I had experience with this when co-running a Diablo 3 official fansite in Poland. Just uploaded unknown 9 info, and finding something is a great feeling. Besides that, my life is a mess :D.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hello my name is Kevin.

I live an isolated/solitary life.

I'm very much into destroyed/suppressed history and the occult

I resonate with information/media I can't share, mostly.

I like to make jokes. Which is different than trolling imo.

I'm very happy I have friends on this board.

Hello

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Sorry for my laugh emoji but that just came out of left field.

Like meeting someone for the first time and they immediately confess they were molested by 3 uncles at the same time.

That said if you have enough excess stretchy skin you could always find part time work as a tent.

whitestar127

Neo Member
Hi all, I'm a Generation X gamer from Norway. Been gaming since the eighties, mostly on Amstrad 464, Commondore 64 and Spectrum 48K back then. All the way through Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, Nintendo 64, multiple Pentium computers, a couple of Playstations, and multiple Radeon and Geforce cards.
And now I'm here. :)
These days I mostly do sim-racing (AC, ACC, AMS2, F1 23, EA WRC) and action games. My favorites are (probably) Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and The Talos Principle 1 & 2. I'm currently playing The Talos Principle 2 and loving it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Hi all, I'm a Generation X gamer from Norway. Been gaming since the eighties, mostly on Amstrad 464, Commondore 64 and Spectrum 48K back then. All the way through Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, Nintendo 64, multiple Pentium computers, a couple of Playstations, and multiple Radeon and Geforce cards.
And now I'm here. :)
These days I mostly do sim-racing (AC, ACC, AMS2, F1 23, EA WRC) and action games. My favorites are (probably) Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and The Talos Principle 1 & 2. I'm currently playing The Talos Principle 2 and loving it.
Welcome hope you enjoy.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
How have I never seen this thread, I’ve been here forever? Anywho, I live in Michigan USA and am a huge fan of RPGs, but also play pretty much everything else. I can be an asshole on here pretty often, but my intentions are almost always good, I am just very passionate about my gaming beliefs and opinions. Sorry to the people who have already put me on ignore without me introducing myself here lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom