• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Punch-Out!! Thread of Reliving Our Childhoods

FoxHimself said:
Spoiler tags in a boxing game where there's no new fighters?

I'm at the last title bout now, and it's against
Mr. Sandman
:lol

I KNEW it wasn't
Doc Louis
!

So all the rumors were bull-shit?

Chumly said:
Hey FoxHimself can you give us the full roster then and a list of all the different modes you can do?

Here's the roster:

Circuit 1:

- Glass Joe
- Von Kaiser
- Disco Kid
- King Hippo

Circuit 2:

- Piston Hondo
- Bear Hugger
- Great Tiger
- Don Flamenco

Circuit 3:

- Aran Ryan
- Soda Popinski
- Bald Bull
- Super Macho Man

Final Fight:

- Mr. Sandman

Holds true to the commercial's saying of 12 classic characters and I imagine that since that is final roster the "all-new characters" were Disco Kid and Giga Mac.

Chumly

Wii Will Rock U said:
Here's the roster:

Circuit 1:

- Glass Joe
- Von Kaiser
- Disco Kid
- King Hippo

Circuit 2:

- Piston Hondo
- Bear Hugger
- Great Tiger
- Don Flamenco

Circuit 3:

- Aran Ryan
- Soda Popinski
- Bald Bull
- Super Macho Man

Final Fight:

- Mr. Sandman

Holds true to the commercial's saying of 12 classic characters and I imagine that since that is final roster the "all-new characters" were Disco Kid and Giga Mac.
Thanks

Do you know what all the modes that can be played are? And in training mode if theres like fun mini games or such?

Yeah, that's the roster.

I just beat
Mr. Sandman
, now the game starts over again with the same fighters, just harder. I lost to Glass Joe.

Let me repeat that: I lost the champ belt to Glass fucking Joe. He was wearing a helmet so I could only strike him on the body, and his punches did like double damage.

I don't know what's going to happen when I beat it again though, maybe the rumors are true? I'm kinda disapointed that Mario's not in it.

FoxHimself said:
I don't know what's going to happen when I beat it again though, maybe the rumors are true? I'm kinda disapointed that Mario's not in it.
WHAT IF THE LAST BOXER IS MARIO

Also I knew they wouldn't cut out any of the NES characters.

I've recorded over ten minutes of the game now, the video's converting at the moment. I went through the first three battles and ended up kicking so much ass :lol

It seems you get a super knock out if you use the star power to deliver the final blow!

Captain N

FoxHimself said:
I've recorded over ten minutes of the game now, the video's converting at the moment. I went through the first three battles and ended up kicking so much ass :lol

It seems you get a super knock out if you use the star power to deliver the final blow!

It's more powerful the more stars you have.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Thanks for the video, but what the hell is with the horrible buffering on this site :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
abstract alien said:
Why wont swapping controllers work?

What is this a clip of?
he gets through the first 3 fighters of the game.

I'm kind of disappointed about the fighter intros. Every impression, preview, and review I've read has said that fighters are introduced with cutscenes/fmvs. These are fucking slideshows, not FMVs.

GaimeGuy said:
he gets through the first 3 fighters of the game.

I'm kind of disappointed about the fighter intros. Every impression, preview, and review I've read has said that fighters are introduced with cutscenes/fmvs. These are fucking slideshows, not FMVs.

We all knew they were slideshows. Dont know were you got the were FMV.

markatisu

SpacePirate Ridley said:
We all knew they were slideshows. Dont know were you got the were FMV.

I thought the only FMV stuff took place in between rounds, instead of just having the old text up. Maybe that is where he was confused

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Can someone say how is KO by decision handle in this game, as I see no point score in the hud.
There isnt a decision in any punchout is there? I cant remember, but I thought you automatically lost :^/

My brain failed me.

Captain N

abstract alien said:
There isnt a decision in any punchout is there? I cant remember, but I thought you automatically lost :^/

My brain failed me.

This is true...I know it was true in the later fights, but I never had it come down to the judge in any of the earlier fights.

Only in the NES version, and we also now that there is decision by KO here because one of the achievements of Glass Joe is KO him 3 times and let him win in KO by decission.

botticus

Regulus Tera said:
Lefties get fucked over again.
For fuck's sake, I don't see why this is such a difficult option. Someone try playing it with the remote in their left hand to see if you can still get by flailing around like I could with Godfather. :lol

Top Bottom