• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Regular Show Thread of "It's Anything But"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
I don't mind the romance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Yeah, Mordecai kinda sucks at it, but it doesn't make the show any less entertaining.
Unlike Legend of Korra

Actually, I find it interesting how low key and behind the scenes Rigby and Eileen's relationship has become compared to Mordecai and CJ/Margaret.

Rigby's definitely matured a lot since the series started.
This is something I've really appreciated about the show. It's subtle, but still undeniable that Rigby is growing along with Mordecai.

oBjbRMr.png

Actually, I find it interesting how low key and behind the scenes Rigby and Eileen's relationship has become compared to Mordecai and CJ/Margaret.

It has been nice how quiet their relationship has been. Little bits here and there, eventually revealing they've spent a lot of time together, having Eileen and Rigby episodes even, but at the same time I think it's time for them to just say their together already. I mean Rigby is currently the only single person left in the "guys" group.

Just wishful thinking I guess sense in general he's become a much better character and less of an asshole.

oBjbRMr.png

What episode is this? Love the show but i haven't keept up in some time. I do enjoy the Rigby/Eileen relationship and this picture looks adorable.

When it comes to romance subplots, Mordecai continues to be my least favorite character. Boy just ain't right. Hopefully (but most likely) that wasn't the last ep of the season because I really know what becomes of Mordo.

At least Rigby sort of matured throughout the season especially in the Eileen department

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I find Mordecai's behavior around women hilarious:

"Benson? I've got to go to the post office ACROSS town?"
"The totally normal party where nothing bad will ever happen"
That day dream was schadenfreude for me.

For some reason it reminds me of myself.
:(

Ending of the white elephant exchange was holy shit
TadkV.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Mordecai and Margaret get back together?

I really don't think so, most likely this will just serve as a push for him to realize CJ is a million times better than Margaret and they become a couple permanently, while Margaret will hang out with them again and eventually find another boyfriend.

jax

Banned
Show was way better when every episode wasn't about Margret/CJ. I hope it returns to its former glory one day.

ZoddGutts

Mordecai and Margaret get back together?

Bad move honestly if this happens, Margaret is a boring character and her interaction with Mordecai weren't that interesting, CJ on the other hand is a fun character to watch and interact with other characters including Mordecai. CJ leaving would a loss for the show.

AlexMogil

I laughed until my stomach hurt in White Elephant. Muscle Man deserved every second of that.

Second ep was great too. It's simple but still fun writing.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
I find that the storylines are much more serialized than before, which I'm not sure is such a great thing. First two seasons, it was mostly crazy adventures and occasionally having some character arc movement, now I think the ratio has been reversed.

That White Elephant ending though....AMAAAAAAAZING. Laughed so hard!

Odoul

I find that the storylines are much more serialized than before, which I'm not sure is such a great thing. First two seasons, it was mostly crazy adventures and occasionally having some character arc movement, now I think the ratio has been reversed.

That White Elephant ending though....AMAAAAAAAZING. Laughed so hard!

I've been blowing through a DVR backlog and caught up to this episode yesterday.

17/10 ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ipt9HoQeY

MM (finally) getting some comeuppance.

The song playing.

The pure evil glee on everyone's faces.

Benson just stuffing his face with cookies.

Honestly it might be the funniest thing the show has ever done.

IronRinn

Feels good to have this and Adventure Time back.

Never listen to Sad Sax man...unless he tells you to talk to Katie Sagal, apparently.

Still get the bad feeling Margaret is gonna fuck things up.

Well, at least she knew what's going on between Mordecai and CJ. She actually kept her distance
after the hug fiasco
. It's just that Mordecai is being really stupid throughout the episode.

tkscz

now, everyone hold hands and pray that this stays and no more bs with Margaret

We can only hope. I didn't notice until Mordecai started dating CJ, but Margaret is such a basic bitch, and I rarely use that phrase. Everything she does compared to EVERYONE in the show is just so normal. Even Thomas was revealed to be a KGB spy with a heart of gold and Starla was revealed to be an undefeated pro tag team wrestler (among other things). Every character starts as an every person, then becomes their own character with trait you'll see from no one else, except Margaret. CJ is so much better for Mordecai.

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
We can only hope. I didn't notice until Mordecai started dating CJ, but Margaret is such a basic bitch, and I rarely use that phrase. Everything she does compared to EVERYONE in the show is just so normal. Even Thomas was revealed to be a KGB spy with a heart of gold and Starla was revealed to be an undefeated pro tag team wrestler (among other things). Every character starts as an every person, then becomes their own character with trait you'll see from no one else, except Margaret. CJ is so much better for Mordecai.

couldn't have said it better. Also your gaf avatar scares me

Eh... it was ok. Didn't really have that stand-out moment like in most episodes. It wasn't bad, but wasn't all that good.

Turns out this episode was a tribute to Australian Day a couple days later, still doesn't justify the lack of quality compared to previous episodes

tkscz

Oh man was tonight's episode so much better than last weeks. I always liked episodes focused on Muscle Man ans Starla's relationship, which is not a spoiler considering the name of the episode, as it always reminds me of my own
AND NO, NOT BECAUSE STARLA IS FAT!
. They constantly get so much shit thrown into their relationship, to the point where they doubt themselves and the strength of their love, but no matter what, they always prove their relationship is strong and always come out on top. It's corny I know, but with that mix of crap they constantly go through, it makes their relationship more believable and more enjoyable to watch as a result, with this episode being the second best IMO (with the Longest Weekend being the best).
Not to mention how their kiss is powerful enough to cause the most random of magical shit to happen, like the power crystal of this episode.

The episode
also openly rehashes an idea but uses it in a way to pull a little satire on the TV industry and how they'll focus more on the cosmetic over the actual personality of the people on TV. They don't talk about it much, but it's as subtle as a brick wall when it does show up and it may make some cringe if they feel it's too corny.

There is an unseen sub-plot of
the rest of the park gang having to fight off ants from Muscle man's ant farm.
, but we don't see much of it, only like a beginning of it, then a middle, which lasts all of 5 seconds, then an end, an amazing, amazing end where
Alien ants fly into the scene yelling "CURSE YOU MORDACI AND RIGBY! WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE!" and then are blown up from a rocket fired by Pops

The only negative I can really give the episode is
the dues ex machina that allows Mitch and Starla to win. I know the show is full of them, but it could've been avoided as we already know their kiss can be magic. It was also a bit mean spirited. Also, Steve Harvey imitation, those are never good from anyone.

All in all, this episode was fun to watch, definitely one of the best of season 6. Really hoping that sub-plot gets it's own episode.

Javier

I just rewatched "Wall Buddy" and noticed this:

TV: And now, back to Carter & Briggs: Bust Russia.
Thomas: Alright!

Hah. Nice foreshadowing.

Oh man was tonight's episode so much better than last weeks. I always liked episodes focused on Muscle Man ans Starla's relationship, which is not a spoiler considering the name of the episode, as it always reminds me of my own
AND NO, NOT BECAUSE STARLA IS FAT!
. They constantly get so much shit thrown into their relationship, to the point where they doubt themselves and the strength of their love, but no matter what, they always prove their relationship is strong and always come out on top. It's corny I know, but with that mix of crap they constantly go through, it makes their relationship more believable and more enjoyable to watch as a result, with this episode being the second best IMO (with the Longest Weekend being the best).
Not to mention how their kiss is powerful enough to cause the most random of magical shit to happen, like the power crystal of this episode.

The episode
also openly rehashes an idea but uses it in a way to pull a little satire on the TV industry and how they'll focus more on the cosmetic over the actual personality of the people on TV. They don't talk about it much, but it's as subtle as a brick wall when it does show up and it may make some cringe if they feel it's too corny.

There is an unseen sub-plot of
the rest of the park gang having to fight off ants from Muscle man's ant farm.
, but we don't see much of it, only like a beginning of it, then a middle, which lasts all of 5 seconds, then an end, an amazing, amazing end where
Alien ants fly into the scene yelling "CURSE YOU MORDACI AND RIGBY! WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE!" and then are blown up from a rocket fired by Pops

The only negative I can really give the episode is
the dues ex machina that allows Mitch and Starla to win. I know the show is full of them, but it could've been avoided as we already know their kiss can be magic. It was also a bit mean spirited. Also, Steve Harvey imitation, those are never good from anyone.

All in all, this episode was fun to watch, definitely one of the best of season 6. Really hoping that sub-plot gets it's own episode.

#teamcanada

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That felt like an old Regular Show episode. A mundane thing goes batshit crazy.

Did all those people just die?

I'm glad they touched on the friendship triangle of the girls. It always kinda felt weird that CJ just suddenly became Eileen's best friend.

I'm drawing a blank on episodes like this where ridiculous death is implied, but in Cool Bikes, the guys knock a dude into space to choke it out and also leave an entire courtroom (that whole little planet) full of people to blow up. Good times.

Javier

I'm drawing a blank on episodes like this where ridiculous death is implied, but in Cool Bikes, the guys knock a dude into space to choke it out and also leave an entire courtroom (that whole little planet) full of people to blow up. Good times.
"Cool Bikes" is still one of the best episodes ever. Top 5 for me for sure.

"Overruled? Or is it 'Overcool'?" *Guitar Riff*

e_i

The new episode (Format Wars) was great. Especially the whole DVD code part.

"Then consumers will have to settle for poorly compressed video!"
"No one cares about special features. Content is all that matters."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom