• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Regular Show Thread of "It's Anything But"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an odd feeling that the video is like the very beginning of the episode and it flashes back to what happened. It's intriguing either way.

IronRinn

Oh fuck, looks like there are new episodes of this all week! Gonna have to catch up on the two that I've missed so far.

IronRinn

RIGBY AND EILEEN!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they just let Mordecai be single for a while. Do the dude some good.

Sou Da

Caught today's episode. Don't mean to be an echo but this is partly why I quit this show, there is nothing more to Mordecai than his terrible relationship plots.

TheOGB

Banned
God

dammit Mordecai

I feel like that would have been a lot more tolerable if he didn't interrupt a wedding for that mess. For me that's the bad part of the relationship drama; on its own it can be alright (Monday's double date episode was hilarious), but I don't like when it happens at the expense of other characters' potential highlights. True to real life, but this show really doesn't need to be that painfully real.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
hopefully mordo's whole romance bullshit is done after this and he gets no one, so infuriating especially after we got the christmas cliffhanger resolved only to get more plot tumor instead.

tkscz

Fucking called it.
Rigby and Eileen were dating probably the start of season 6. I mean, it was obvious from how incredibly nice Rigby has been to Eileen this and part of last season and how much they hang out. Hell, I even called the reason they never told us.
Which brings us to Mordecai.
Mordi could never keep a good relationship going and always made shit awkward when there was no reason for it. I mean, three separate episodes he chose CJ over Margaret, three episodes of character development, and he fucks it up. And it's not like I don't understand, I've been in that situation twice. And I usually go with what my gut is telling me, but I never do it that awkwardly or at someone's fucking wedding. And the next episode and start of season 7, being called "Dumptown USA" does not give me hopes that they'll leave this man alone. I hope they keep Rigby and Eileen together, or hell, advance on them more.

Odoul

Rigby...
francis.png

Show went from him fucking over Mordecai's life to the opposite so gradually too.

It would be funny if the next season was spent with Eileen ignoring Rigby's unsubtle advances like he used to do to her thouh.

TheOGB

Banned
Rigby...
francis.png

Show went from him fucking over Mordecai's life to the opposite so gradually too.

It would be funny if the next season was spent with Eileen ignoring Rigby's unsubtle advances like he used to do to her thouh.
Poor dude, I hate it had to be him

That would be hilarious if they did that though

As long as
Rigleen
stays together, I'm happy. Mords needs to stay single, or wait 'til he leaves the park or something

Also whatever happened to foves ghost and that chick who likes downtempo electronic music?

Edit: watched the newest episode
Dumptown,USA
happy the way things ended and it's nice to see the switch between Mordecai and Rigby as characters

Epcott

A movie? LoL well that came out of nowhere.

I just hope they've finally put an end to the forced love triangle for good with Mordo and CJ's break.

Javier

For the fifth year in a row, Regular Show is nominated for the "Outstanding Short-Format Animated Program" category in the Emmys, this time for episode "The White Elephant Gift Exchange" (Great choice of episode this year).

The other nominees:

- Adventure Time, "Jake the Brick"
- Disney Mickey Mouse "Mumbai Madness"
- Robot Chicken, "Chiptole Miserable"
- Steven Universe, "Lion 3: Straight to Video"
- Wander Over Yonder, "The Gift 2: The Giftening"

yo those new episodes are surprisingly good... like a jump in quality from before, a bit more sentimental as well but certainly progressing as if we're nearing the end times for Regular Show

lmao oh wow, Local News Legend was amazing. So nice to have an episode with Margaret (and CJ for a second) that was straight laughs.

that new episode was amazing despite being a gigantic filler episode (as most episodes do) though I wished this kinda tied in with a previous arc of
Thomas and the Russians trying to take the park

oh well

Odoul

Catching up with the new episodes, this has been a pretty Benson dominated season so far.

Which is cool, he might be one of my favorite characters on the show.

Dude was a lunatic in the best way in the dome episode.

IronRinn

Also catching up. Someone needs to make a gif of Rigby's slow, disgusted turn from watching Benson re-heat wings in "The Lunch Club".

Edit: "The Dome Experiment" was great.

The jab at Nintendo and how their games are always $60, the game Rigby made in his mind vs the actual product, and the ending scene got me in "Birthday Gift"

Also when Eileen said "my boyfriend" I grinned I mean I know they're a couple but that type of validation makes it all the better for me. Don't turn Rigs into Mordo in the relationship aspect

Thanks for not spoiling the movie, I'm one of those weirdos that's waiting for the physical release despite the digital options.

So happy with the new rigleen story arcs as well as arcs of non main characters (margaret, eileen, etc). I can't wait to see episodes about CJ and how she's coping up.

Not saying CJ is better for Mordo or Margaret is but I hope they handle it better, I know it's suppose to be more realistic but it borders cringing when it's THAT realistic. Being awkward during a social gathering, misunderstandings and clearing them, white lying, new GF meets ex but the BF is still friends with the ex, etc

Clydefrog

The Dome Experiment was great as was the latest one where Rigby made that cake video game. Ahaha

Haven't seen the movie yet. Don't really want to pay for it...

ZoddGutts

Not saying CJ is better for Mordo or Margaret is but I hope they handle it better, I know it's suppose to be more realistic but it borders cringing when it's THAT realistic. Being awkward during a social gathering, misunderstandings and clearing them, white lying, new GF meets ex but the BF is still friends with the ex, etc

Thing is CJ is the better and more fun character to watch. CJ had great chemistry with the crew doing their crazy fun adventures together, now that's gone and Margaret doesn't bring any of what CJ could do in all those crazy situations and so on. CJ jelled well with the crew, much more than Margaret and Thomas ever did. Ugh what a waste of a good character ruined for the sake of some drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom