• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Regular Show Thread of "It's Anything But"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went through puberty? Boys voices change when that happens. I don't understand your complaint about the animation either. The animation is consistent but the style may vary based on who storyboarded the episode. How much of the show have you watched?

All of them.
Watch the first episode and then the later ones.
The drop in quality (in all aspects) is noticeable.

God I hope not.
I really liked this show.
I think the whole "dome" thing was crap and should have only been drawn out over 2 or 3 episodes max. They don't have the same spontaneous "zaniness" of the earlier seasons.
Steven Universe started out promising then the voice actor for Steven changed and sounded terrible, the animation changed and looked half assed and it turned into a musical every episode.
Adventure Time just hasn't been good for ages.
Still at least we have Clarence and Teen Titans Go.
So much wrong in one post.

Explain please.
Don't just drive by hate post.
It is only my opinion, not gospel.
No one needs to take it to heart. I would love to hear yours as well.
I'm teasing, but yeah I've gotta disagree about all of that tbh. Adventure Time has its ups and downs but they've still managed to put out great material every now and again and been fairly consistent the last two seasons. Steven Universe I've been watching since the pilots leaked and the other poster is right about is VA and puberty, while the animation and art has been great imo. I used to miss the old style but I don't think it would fit with the direction the show has taken and its probably my favorite animated show out there though I stay far away from the fanbase outside of GAF

I'm teasing, but yeah I've gotta disagree about all of that tbh. Adventure Time has its ups and downs but they've still managed to put out great material every now and again and been fairly consistent the last two seasons. Steven Universe I've been watching since the pilots leaked and the other poster is right about is VA and puberty, while the animation and art has been great imo. I used to miss the old style but I don't think it would fit with the direction the show has taken and its probably my favorite animated show out there though I stay far away from the fanbase outside of GAF

I actually started binging through the entire SU run since the end of the 3rd season and I much prefer the actors voice now. It sounds like he's yelling every line in the earlier episodes.

mreddie

Time I feel needs to end, SU is right now the top show on CN, only see Bears and Gumball at times.

As for Show itself, seems like Skips is gonna get phased out which kinda sucks.

IronRinn

I have missed so many episodes of this since I don't have cable at the moment. Really sucks if it's ending. I still really like this show.

Zubz

Banned
I haven't watched RS in years, but it was fantastic. I wish it was on Netflix (No way I'm paying for that and Hulu) because I really want to binge it now!

I got fatigued on it awhile back, but it was still good when I left. Hopefully it gets another shot!

OK, seems like Hamill just got the season numbers mixed up. 8 just wrapped VO, is still coming, will be the last. A crew member tweeted this:
r2RZsof.jpg

https://twitter.com/chevistian1/status/765373963761438720

So while this sucks as it was my favorite of the great stuff on CN in the past few years, the show had a fantastic run. Here's hoping it goes out on a high note.

vypek

I liked the overarching story stuff that happened at times. Although I forgot why the dome came back for a second time to last for a while. So we are getting seasons 7 and 8 and it will end? Can't remember the last one that aired.

Gonna miss the show. It was a pretty simplistic and enjoyable show for me.

Zubz

Banned
So it's definitely over, then? That sucks. I feel like I definitely owe the show a rewatch to see what all I've missed before the finale (And also because it was great!).

I liked the overarching story stuff that happened at times. Although I forgot why the dome came back for a second time to last for a while. So we are getting seasons 7 and 8 and it will end? Can't remember the last one that aired.

Gonna miss the show. It was a pretty simplistic and enjoyable show for me.
7 just ended. 8 starts in the fall as far as we know, and should have 34 episodes in it (which I assume means 11-minute episodes, but I'm not sure if that number includes the "movie").

Well, at least now we know. It was an awesome run and the show didn't overstay its welcome at all. Seems like they're getting to finish the story the way they want, so it's hard to feel too bad about this.

It's kind of sad to see it go, but this is better than becoming some crappy commodity with a laugh track and forced jokes.

Or turn into whatever the eff Adventure Time has become
(particularly since Sugar left)

BigAT

Boo! Oh well, we still have one last season to look forward to.

Eileen spin-off please? (Pretty please? <3).

It's kind of crazy how Eileen went from a nothing, secondary character to probably my favorite character on the show right now.

I'm glad they are going out on their own terms and after a great run. It's hard to imagine that they have made over 200 episodes.

Crocodile

I finally caught up. I agree Mordecai was being a bit too much of an ass for my tastes in the finale but thankfully that has been resolved. I'm not sure how much I like spending basically the entire last season in space (at least the dome plotline went somewhere?). Seems that would cut them off from a lot of opportunities for comedy and what not. Are they going to heavily involve the cosmic cast of the show (the babies, Gary, etc.)? I never considered them the best characters in the show.

Still I'm super curious to see how it all ends considering is ending on its own terms. There have been ups + downs and some repetitive story-lines but overall I've really enjoyed the show :)

IronRinn

I really enjoyed how they wrapped everything up this last season. Ending montage was a bit crammed in maybe, but emotional nevertheless. Gonna miss this show. One of my favs.

Ending with Bowie made it extra bittersweet.

Crocodile

I'm not going to lie, that finale got me a bit emotional at the end <3

I would say most of the finale kind of took a Space Dandy route but then they did the swerve at the end with
Pops' sacrifice and the Return to Earth.

A lot of the characters at the end look weirdly old though? Most of the cast sans Skips should be in their 40s or 50s but they kind of look like beat up 40/50 year olds LOL

As an aside, I felt it was cool Mordecai took up art again and pretty realistic that he never got back together with Margret.

I was also surprised to learn that Mitch impregnated Starla before he left :O

I'm was also surprised by the subtle recognition of Maellard's eventual death from old age

There was a lot of heavy shit in that last montage

I teared up a bit during the final montage. Happy with the way it ended.

We better get a fucking Blu-ray box set, CN.

The way it was featured in the last few eps makes it feel like the creators were making a statement: "Here's the only way you're gonna see the entirety of this show again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom