• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

AndyD

aka andydumi
klee123 said:
The only thing I can say with regards to WKC is that your enjoyment with the game really depends on how much you're willing to devote to the online mode.

Single player mode in my opinion is just a above average and I consider it as a tutorial to online mode. You can complete the single player mode in around 15-20 hours, so it really doesn't take that long to complete. Online mode though can last you from 700-2000+ hours easy, but it depends on what you want out of online mode as well.

Ill echo this. I finished SP in 22 hours and took my time. But it was somewhat unsatisfying and gameplay is below average to me due to the fair quality AI and a few other peculiarities of the combat mechanics.

Online its significantly more fun but the community is not as strong as I would like and everything just takes too much grinding. There are a number of really cool aspects of the online that I would like to really get into, but it seems each takes dozens of hours or more, which is far more than I would be willing to invest. I think I will wait for the sequel to hopefully reduce the grind to a more sane level.

Hellix

These games are cheap right now on Amazon, and I have always been interested in trying it some time. Should I get the International edition or just buy WKC2? It says WKC2 comes with the original game but does that mean the international edition? If not, what is the main difference between the original and international edition?

Toki767

These games are cheap right now on Amazon, and I have always been interested in trying it some time. Should I get the International edition or just buy WKC2? It says WKC2 comes with the original game but does that mean the international edition? If not, what is the main difference between the original and international edition?

The International edition was what was released in the US with extra missions included. Getting WKC2 by itself is the best choice.

Hellix

The International edition was what was released in the US with extra missions included. Getting WKC2 by itself is the best choice.

Alright, thanks. I'll go pick up WKC2 then.

How does the online work? Can I easily invite someone from my friends list to play some online quests (for both WKC1 and WKC2)?

Audioboxer

Going to be playing this after I finish Enslaved, picked up a copy for £5. I know if I bought WKC2 I'd get a reworked version, but I wanted trophies :) (and WKC2 is around £15).

Anything I should know/starter tips?

Top Bottom