• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official WipeOut HD Picture Thread

HoTHiTTeR

This is probably a stupid question, but how the hell are you guys getting weapon fire in your pictures? The only photo-mode option I saw was post race.

Durante

HoTHiTTeR said:
This is probably a stupid question, but how the hell are you guys getting weapon fire in your pictures? The only photo-mode option I saw was post race.
Start -> Photo mode

Though I wish you could map this to a shoulder button.

Crayon

I shot these specifically to use as 720p ps3 wallpapers.

wops3720b.jpg

wops3720a.jpg

McLovin

:O****
Damn these look really good! I got the game but it keeps freezing on me. I had to go into my other account to play it. Anyone know if a patch is coming out soon?

gbovo

McLovin said:
:O****
Damn these look really good! I got the game but it keeps freezing on me. I had to go into my other account to play it. Anyone know if a patch is coming out soon?
If your friends list is over 50, bring it down to 50 and it'll play without freezing.

Grayman

Here are some of my pictures that I like
wohd_20080926_012901.jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_020714.jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_025803.jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_150016.jpg.jpg

Too bad there is not more control over moving the camera, or using replays to get the exact frame.

dejay

Banned
Grayman said:
Too bad there is not more control over moving the camera, or using replays to get the exact frame.

This. Bit of an oversight in my opinion, but perhaps it was an option they just couldn't include in time.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Really lame how the photomode forces you to choose between having depth-of-field post-processing, or track/vehicle motion blur. WTF?

Notice all the pics either have track/vehicle motion blur (but no DoF) or vice versa.

East Lake

chespace said:
Really lame how the photomode forces you to choose between having depth-of-field post-processing, or track/vehicle motion blur. WTF?

Notice all the pics either have track/vehicle motion blur (but no DoF) or vice versa.
I'm pretty sure you can have both, I don't know if any of the pictures I have coming up do but I've been messing around with both settings and it looked like they were both applied, IIRC. It's set up a little weird though, you have to switch back and forth between the photo filter settings, or whatever they're called.

Edit: Picture time.

holy crap, in screens this game looks better than crysis...the feck. How does it look in motion???Anywhere near as good as the screens????

icechai

nelsonroyale said:
holy crap, in screens this game looks better than crysis...the feck. How does it look in motion???Anywhere near as good as the screens????

yes, only difference is some people changed depth of field and added motion blur in the screens through the photo options. Although when you are in motion you have motion blur anyways, not to mention speed blurs when doing boosting stuff. In short, this game looks and feels amazing.

zoukka

nelsonroyale said:

Why did you have to say the C word?

jax (old)

Banned
nelsonroyale said:

look for the images with

a) no depth of field
b) no track blur
c) no vehicular blur

all added in POST from photo mode

the game does NOT look like that ingame. It is however amazingly lovely.

20jist2.jpg

that's what it looks like. more or less

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Jax said:
look for the images with

a) no depth of field
b) no track blur
c) no vehicular blur

all added in POST from photo mode

the game does NOT look like that ingame. It is however amazingly lovely.

20jist2.jpg

that's what it looks like. more or less
That still awesome, doesn't bring it down a peg.

Best looking game I've ever played. I don't know how best to describe it but the pictures taken almost look fake as though someone built sets and craft and then took photos of them.

soultron

Banned
Fuck me. They should've just had you guys take screens and then sent those out to the press.

I want a PS3 again, mostly for awesome downloadable games like this. Fuccck this game looks so hawt.

kairu

wohd_20080927_004221.jpg

This is the only picture I've taken so far. But I think it came out pretty well. I am using it as my PS3 Background.

Top Bottom