• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

Banned
pr0cs said:
All the videos I've watched have been pretty dull so I wanted to try it for myself.
Hopefully one of my PS3 friends buys it so I can try it.
If this kind of game doesn't appeal to you, then it's probably not going to change your mind. I can't see anyone that enjoys games like this, F-Zero etc. being disappointed.

Huggers

I started downloading this hours ago. I went and did some stuff and then sat down for some Wipeout HD goodness only to find it's only 60% downloaded and its still going so slowly

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Firewire said:
:(

Do you have any idea's as to what might be causing this?

It's definetly an issue with some EU PSN accounts. I just tried loggin in with my USA account and the game works flawlessly. Using the EU one it freezes.

Funny thing is Review code acted exactly like this. Work with USA account. Freezes with EU one. But in that case I though it was just some kind of bug with unfinished code or whatever.

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
It's definetly an issue with some EU PSN accounts. I just tried loggin in with my USA account and the game works flawlessly. Using the EU one it freezes.

Funny thing is Review code acted exactly like this. Work with USA account. Freezes with EU one. But in that case I though it was just some kind of bug with unfinished code or whatever.

That is really weird!

We need some other Euro gaffers having problems to try a N.A account. I think Queeg has a N.A. account, hope he tries it!

xero273

TTP said:

So if you login with US account, I assume you can play online?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
xero273 said:
So if you login with US account, I assume you can play online?

yes

To those with Wipeout freezing on them, how many friends do u have on your contact list? More or less than 50?

It kind of sucks that Wipeout didn't come out sooner. Everyone on my list is playing LBP now instead (granted, many US people on my list and wipeout isn't out yet)

LiK

must be a network issue with some countries in Europe.

didn't GTA also have freezing problems in the US when people were logged into the PSN as well? looks like the same problem, imo.

Xater

Just out of interest guys how do you actually play Wipeout HD?

I am totally old school and play it with the Dpad. :D

maxax

Oh god this pisses me off.

Play with logged in NA account: works
Play without being logged in: works
Play with logged in EU account: freezes

Fucking hell, fix this shit asap Sony. This was the first time I actually bought from my local instead of the US store because I prefered earlier instead of cheaper, and this is what I get.

How can this even happen? What's so different about EU PSN accounts from NA ones? Maybe it's because my EU one has ~80 people on the list and the NA one has 0?

Anyway, I won't play until this is fixed I think, got MM9 and Burnout waiting for me.

Firewire

Banned
maxax said:

Fucking hell, fix this shit asap Sony. This was the first time I actually bought from my local instead of the US store because I prefered earlier instead of cheaper, and this is what I get.

How can this even happen? What's so different about EU PSN accounts from NA ones? Maybe it's because my EU one has ~80 people on the list and the NA one has 0?

Anyway, I won't play until this is fixed I think, got MM9 and Burnout waiting for me.

It has to be some sort of glitch on the Euro servers or something. Why its only affecting some is rather odd though.

Daante

HOLYCOW @ GRAPHICS!
HOLYCOW @ SOUND!
HOLYCOW @ GAME DESIGN!
HOLYCOW @ CONTROLS!
HOLYCOW @ THIS GAME IS FOR 18 EURO!!!
HOLYCOW @ THE FACT THAT ITS WEEKEND TOMORROW AND IM OWNING THE GAME!
HOLYCOW @ THAT IM GETTING 2097/XL WIBES BY PLAYING THIS!

Man im so so happy right now.. , a BIG applaude to Studio Liverpool and Sony for pulling this of!!

Tycho_b

morlock said:
Well, since that seems to be the problem I can actually play the game at all until they fix the issue. Better that than just see the fancy meny before it freezes... right? ;)

On EU PS boards they say it may have something to do with the friendslist. People with freezes seem to have +50 friends

maxax

Alright, so far it seems the cause is a big friends list. Maybe something to do with the increase from 50 -> 100 friends that wasn't taken into account.
I got 80 on my EU account and it freezes, 0 on my NA and it plays. I think i saw TTP on the official Playstation forums and he reported the same.

Hopefully this is fixable with a patch, and soon.

h3ro

maxax said:
Alright, so far it seems the cause is a big friends list. Maybe something to do with the increase from 50 -> 100 friends that wasn't taken into account.
I got 80 on my EU account and it freezes, 0 on my NA and it plays. I think i saw TTP on the official Playstation forums and he reported the same.

KOTAKU BREAKING NEWS: Sony Promotes Anti-Social Behavior

:D

Erebus

maxax said:

Same here. The game only freezes when I'm logged on with my EU account. Oh and I have more than 50 friends btw.

Other than this, the game is absolutely awesome! One of the best games seriously, including both PSN and retail releases.:D I already got gold medals in all races at the first two events.

Sweeeeeet God this game is fantastic.
It controls soooooooo much better than pure/pulse and the Air Brakes are sweet as and they behave a lot more like 2097's air brakes where your bum sways rather than the whole craft.
I'm going to kill in the time trials and online as soon as i learn the tracks, even on my first online tournament i managed to win by over 30 points. :bow
10/10

LiK

mass genocide of Euro PSN friends go! :lol

Daante said:
i have like 2-3 friends on my EU account, games runs perfect for me.

i guess it works as long as it's single digits

Durante

LiK said:
Euro PSN accounts are fucked up, confirmed.
It works perfectly from my Euro account. I think there may be something to the >50 contacts thing.

Finally having no friends pays off!

Trevelyan

Banned
Durante said:
It works perfectly from my Euro account. I think there may be something to the >50 contacts thing.

Finally having no friends pays off!
Damn right! It feels good to be so anti-social! :lol

LiK

yea, makes sense. the less friends you have, the better the online works :lol

xero273 said:
number of friends on your account seems to be the problem.

hmm, i havent counted how many PSN friends i have...

Firewire

Banned
Queeg said:
I've 65 people on my Australian account, and 0 on my US account.

Queeg try turning off friends list notifications on you're Euro account and see if that works at all.

Its a long shot but you never no!

Erebus

h3ro said:
Anyone bring their list's under 50 on the Euro account and have it run fine?

Yes, I can confirm what TTP said! I deleted some of my friends and brought the list down to 50. Guess what? I'm now logged in with my EU account and the game hasn't crashed yet!

Now I wonder what the f**k was Sony thinking, having delayed the game this long and all.

Top Bottom