• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

LiK

DarkUSS said:
Yes, I can confirm what TTP said! I deleted some of my friends and brought the list down to 50. Guess what? I'm now logged in with my EU account and the game hasn't crashed yet!

Now I wonder what the f**k was Sony thinking, having delayed the game this long and all.

so i guess the game was in development before Sony updated the friends list to 100 from 50 and they forgot to make it compatible with the larger friends list. amirite?

Blablurn

sounds like you're right, lik. the problem is; i've got almost 100 friends. would suck to delete almost the half of my list. hopefully the patch will arrive soon.

Erebus

LiK said:
so i guess the game was in development before Sony updated the friends list to 100 from 50 and they forgot to make it compatible with the larger friends list. amirite?

Probably but yet I cannot understand how every other game doesn't have any compatibility issues with the new friend list limit. I mean not even launch games crash due to this.

Banned
I guess it must be the friends list thing, as it's been working fine for me on my UK account.

rcoqvd.gif

Blablurn

darkUSS: the ps3 version of the orange box had a similar problem. before they patched it you couldn't go online with more than 20 friends or something like that.

Pallaris

No freezes here, except i'm getting random momentary stutters during gameplay. I haven't tried disconnecting from PSN yet and my friends list is well under 50 (dunno if this has anything to do with anything) but it's really fuckin annoying me.

otherwise...omg awesome.

Firewire

Banned
Pallaris said:
No freezes here, except i'm getting random momentary stutters during gameplay. I haven't tried disconnecting from PSN yet and my friends list is well under 50 (dunno if this has anything to do with anything) but it's really fuckin annoying me.

otherwise...omg awesome.

Maybe you're T.V. is lagging.

Queeg

Firewire said:
Queeg try turning off friends list notifications on you're Euro account and see if that works at all.

Its a long shot but you never no!

Long shot indeed, tried it though and it didn't help.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
downloaded pretty quick... now waiting on the install.

Aalyx

...WOW! Pure awsome, can't believe I only paid £12 for this.

First of all, didn't get any crashing problems, installed the game and then installed the unlock key, hope Sony sort out why others are having problems.

Graphics are great and smooth (Zone is crazy, especially seeing the track pulsing to the music), the soundtrack sounds awesome and the gameplay...is...well Wipeout!

Got all golds in the first campaign section and then headed out online for a couple of great races. Came second in my first one by 0:00:02 of a second (Grr...he managed to pick up a boost on the last pad!) and came first in the second one, I can see myself pouring a lot of hours into this. Wasn't a hint of lag either, really impressive.

Also picked up my first ever trophies, funny seeing "Happy Accident?" after doing my first barrel roll :lol

WTF...is it still not available on PSN? I went to sleep at like 4:30 am after waiting for it to get online and getting impatient, then I wake up at like 1 pm and its still not on?

Xater

MisterAnderson said:
WTF...is it still not available on PSN? I went to sleep at like 4:30 am after waiting for it to get online and getting impatient, then I wake up at like 1 pm and its still not on?

I assume you are from the US? Then 2 more hours.

decon

I can already tell that there needs to be more online trophies. Hopefully some of the secret ones are for online stuff, like 50 wins or something. It's just stupid to hide trophies.

Firewire

Banned
MisterAnderson said:

N.A. store gets updated at about 5pm EST.

Pallaris

Sorted the stuttering issue by disconnecting from PSN. Plays totally fine now. Bullshit I hope this gets fixed..reminds me of the Gta4 issue which would cause hitching by poling your connection. Tested on another PS3 with different network/router setup same problem, so be advised may have issues while connected to PSN.

It must be said though this game is incredible... zone mode in first person = amazing.

LiK

ugh, 2 more horrible hours. and then i have to d/l it for gawd knows how long and then installation. probably wont play this until 6pm or something...

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I'm playing this with Wipeout 2097 OST :D

nostalgia

But I miss the almost exclusive night tracks from 2097.
In this one is almost always day

decon

Aw man I really hope they fix a patch with invites. It's just stupid that you can lock games for your friend but not invite them :( I see a lot of you guys play the game but it's hard to get a game up a running without the invite and stuff. At least they should make some sort of message template for you to send when you've hosted a game:
"Hey come join my wipEout HD game, it's called <game name>".

Here's a question which I haven't found an answer to yet. In Zone mode, does it increase your score when boosting through pads and doing barrel rolls?

Top Bottom