• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
McBacon said:
God dammit, I play LittleBigPlanet - it pauses. I quit... fucking PlayTV starts recording QI - PAUSES AGAIN.
When you play an online game or perform some kind of online activity, the downloads pause. LBP is permanently connected (you get all those updates what everyone has done etc.) so it will do that for sure.

h3ro

Crap... its up? I'm stuck at a relatives house looking at carpet swatches and I'm stuck surfing GAF with this moon computer (aka a Mac)... :lol

Any problems for NA GAFers with freezing if you have over 50 friends on your list? I really don't wanna nuke my friends list...

yurinka

I already beated the first 2 events, and winned a on-line tournament. It's really great.
At first the tilt control sucks, but I won my second race using it. I think like 1up said with a bit of practice it will be mastered. But using the Dualshock D-pad controls obviously is georgeus.

Sadly in my CRT I can't enjoy such texture detail.
The photo mode is great, even the pics looks like are shrinked/deformed when copied to my PSP. They are at 720x576 and show a bit of garbage in the upper side. Anybody knows how to copy it? In the TV look like to be ok.
:/

This is so brilliant. MADE OF LOVE

I didn't play the PSP wipeouts, what's Loyalty (and what does it get me)? Will it zero out if I switch to another team and then back again, or is it just monotonically increasing per team?

yurinka

Not A Fur said:
This is so brilliant. MADE OF LOVE

I didn't play the PSP wipeouts, what's Loyalty (and what does it get me)? Will it zero out if I switch to another team and then back again, or is it just monotonically increasing per team?
If you play severall times with the same team (ship) you are awarded with loyalty points for this team. In PSP you unlock skins for your ships. At first only for this team, and then you also unlock skins for the other teams.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
LiquidMetal14 said:
What are exactly the problems on why the game freezes? 50 or more friends or is there more to it?

I've got 28 friends on my EU acc and have been having freezes while signed into PSN.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
played it since 1 1/2 h so good!!! the GFX!!!! this is next gen! ahhhh so good

edit: didnt freez on me yet - just butter smoth 60fps glory on my tv (euro version)

edit: and yes it is sharable (its in the desclaimer : on 5 ps3 systems blablabla)

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Just installed the US version - 60+ friends - freely browsed the online games and started the campaign mode without any issues. Is the freezing some of you guys have random or should it have happened already?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Beatbox said:
Just installed the US version - 60+ friends - freely browsed the online games and started the campaign mode without any issues. Is the freezing some of you guys have random or should it have happened already?

Yeah it happens right away in the main menu. You are fine.

decon

yurinka said:
I already beated the first 2 events, and winned a on-line tournament. It's really great.
At first the tilt control sucks, but I won my second race using it. I think like 1up said with a bit of practice it will be mastered. But using the Dualshock D-pad controls obviously is georgeus.

Sadly in my CRT I can't enjoy such texture detail.
The photo mode is great, even the pics looks like are shrinked/deformed when copied to my PSP. They are at 720x576 and show a bit of garbage in the upper side. Anybody knows how to copy it? In the TV look like to be ok.
:/
There's a trophy where you must have the tilt controls turned off, indicating that with training it should be much better, or is it just me who's reading too much between the lines :p?

BeeDog

Alright, the little time I played WipEout today, I figured out these controls:

X - Gas
[] - fire the picked-up weapon/boost
O - convert pickup to temporary shield (or boost?)
/\ - change view mode

L2/R2 - air brakes (to cut corners harder)
double-tap L2/R2 - quick side jump
Left-Right-Left/Right-Left-Right - barrel roll while in-air to gain boost

Did I miss anything?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
decon said:
There's a trophy where you must have the tilt controls turned off, indicating that with training it should be much better, or is it just me who's reading too much between the lines :p?

or theres no chance in hell youll get it with motion control - so they are kind and tell you that upfront ?

edit: there is boost in the game? sweet... and the barrelroll kicks ass!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
TTP said:
Yeah it happens right away in the main menu. You are fine.

Not for me it doesn't,

Test 1 - About 25 mins of play in single player mode (while signed into PSN) it freezes, no way to exit, I switch off the system via the rocker switch at the back, boot back into the game and just leave the game running on the main menu, after a few minutes it starts demoing the tracks, 5 mins later I look back at the screen and it has frozen again.

Test 2 - Again, logged into PSN, 28 freinds on my list (EU acc), 5 of which are on-line, have left the game running from the menu for 30 mins and no crashing, I continue single player for another hour, still no issues, I exit back to the main menu and leave the game demoing the tracks for around 20 mins and then it freezes again.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:

X - Gas
/\ - change view mode

Did I miss anything?

Did u really need to figure them out? They are listed in the Controls screen. But yeah, that's about it. Gas is pressure sensitive. O is not for temp shield. It regens the shield.

BeeDog said:

X - Gas
/\ - change view mode

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, the in game help menus.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
lowrider007 said:
Not for me it doesn't,

Test 1 - About 25 mins of play in single player mode (while signed into PSN) it freezes, no way to exit, I switch off the system via the rocker switch at the back, boot back into the game and just leave the game running on the main menu, after a few minutes it starts demoing the tracks, 5 mins later I look back at the screen and it has frozen again.

Test 2 - Again, logged into PSN, 28 freinds on my list (EU acc), 5 of which are on-line, have left the game running from the menu for 30 mins and no crashing, I continue single player for another hour, still no issues, I exit back to the main menu and leave the game demoing the tracks for around 20 mins and then it freezes again.

Well, it sure has some issues then.

The game is getting silly now. One of the time trials on the 3rd stage 1:53 for gold......Fuck off.

Can't even get bronze and I'm still 34th in the global list for that event.

It's like the whole track is designed to make you miss the boosts.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Feral Youth said:
The game is getting silly now. One of the time trials on the 3rd stage 1:53 for gold......Fuck off.

Can't even get bronze and I'm still 34th in the global list for that event.

It's like the whole track is designed to make you miss the boosts.

Yeah, there is no red carpet with a sign "follow this to win" above it. Keep trying, you'll get better.

Now, how the fuck do I beat Zico time?!

Spy

Two and a half hours until I leave work. There's a 2 hour long staff meeting in a couple minutes. Hopefully that makes time go by fast.

Top Bottom