• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

btkadams

Byakuya769 said:
can't use the xmb sound track players, have to use in game menu that as far as I can tell only plays albums.
you choose the album.playlist... and then a couple options below you can choose the exact song out of that album/playlist... not to be all wipeout fanboy in your face but wtf are you talking about? is this not among the first to even recognize playlists on ps3??

Daante

So everyone.. what do you think the sales will be after the first week?
(hence thursday-thursday) .
Im hoping for BIG numbers.. , though marketing havent been that good imo, its PSN exclusive, and its sharabe.
Whats your guess? , im hoping for at least 100k.

Angst

jaydogg691 said:
Is anyone having problems with the sound? The songs keep skipping for me as if the songs were starched on a CD.

Same problem here. I've uninstalled and am redownloading it now. I'll post here if it makes any difference with the sound.

Raistlin

jaydogg691 said:
Is anyone having problems with the sound? The songs keep skipping for me as if the songs were starched on a CD.

Yeah, I mentioned that a while back, but didn't see any responses. It was the first thing I noticed with the game.

Glad its not just me.

Angst

Onix said:
Yeah, I mentioned that a while back, but didn't see any responses. It was the first thing I noticed with the game.

Glad its not just me.

I redownloaded an reinstalled. Still no improvement. It even skips in the menus for christ's sake... :-(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Rlan said:
Loving it so far.

Right now I prefer the "normal" mode - hard is a bit out of my league, and super hard is definitely out.

Having no laggy experiences despite being in Australia. awesome. Main problem now is that there are people who get full games in Wipeout HD and just sit there and don't begin the match. It's frustrating.

I've been in about 3-4 lobbies where some idiot just sat there when he has a full roster of people waiting to play but does not start the game. >_<

Oh and does anyone know if pilot assist makes the ship slower?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
neojubei said:
I've been in about 3-4 lobbies where some idiot just sat there when he has a full roster of people waiting to play but does not start the game. >_<

Oh and does anyone know if pilot assist makes the ship slower?
Yeah I'd like to know this too. It just seems as though there'd have to be some kind of penalty.

jett

D-Member
Daante said:
So everyone.. what do you think the sales will be after the first week?
(hence thursday-thursday) .
Im hoping for BIG numbers.. , though marketing havent been that good imo, its PSN exclusive, and its sharabe.
Whats your guess? , im hoping for at least 100k.

Seems like only 20k bought it so far, going by the leaderboards.

jax (old)

Banned
I'm getting to the point in the game where I'm ready to throw the controller at the screen. but what happens.. is that.. I play again and again and again. :lol so good.

wanted to say:

APOCALPYSO by presets (music) is brilliant for this game

+

I've put some album in (dunno what it is) but its got this remixed/techno/house version of blue monday by new order in it and that's bleedingly brilliant in ZONE.

FabCam

Rez>You said:
Yeah I'd like to know this too. It just seems as though there'd have to be some kind of penalty.

It doesn't make you go slower, but it stops you from going too close to the edges which, around some corners, is the fastest line.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
FabCam said:
It doesn't make you go slower, but it stops you from going too close to the edges which, around some corners, is the fastest line.
I thought as much. Thanks.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Only had time to play the first campaign mode race so far, on one of my favorite tracks from Pure. (I preferred Pure's tracks to Pulse's)... so far, me likey! Now to play around with the custom soundtracks...

Greg

I finally recovered from all the money I spent during the beginning of the semester.

The only experience I've had with Wipeout is the first one on the PSP and I absolutely loved it - I'm guessing it's a no-brainer to pick this up?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
i tried this today:
Flatland Flyer - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma

but how?!? i tryed to boost myself over some edges but no way...! any idea?

rabhw

sankt-Antonio said:
i tried this today:
Flatland Flyer - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma

but how?!? i tryed to boost myself over some edges but no way...! any idea?

Get a speed boost powerup from a red tile and boost as you're coming out of the big last corner. It's easy to get the barrel roll, I just had a hard time actually landing it.

Nooreo

Hey guys, so i finally bought Wipeout HD last night. What can i say the games great fun. Online was awesome no lag, But what i really like is not online its Zone Mode. I got to super phantom and my mind was tripping. I played it at least 10 times last night, I think zone mode really stands out at night time when all the lights are off and you can appreciate the colors more. And can you believe that trophy 'Zone Zeus'?! Get to zone 75! on any map i can barely go to zone 30 but 75 is nearly impossible on.
Also
Loyalty,what does it do?

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Greg said:
I finally recovered from all the money I spent during the beginning of the semester.

The only experience I've had with Wipeout is the first one on the PSP and I absolutely loved it - I'm guessing it's a no-brainer to pick this up?

My only Wipeout experience was Pure for PSP and I liked it but only played for a few hours. This game however, rocks my cock off. Buy it now!

jett said:
Man I'm getting fucked on in this game...am I crazy or is HD harder than 3 and 2097?
Yes, it's tougher.

The harder difficulties make the enemy ships less prone to messing up at all. It's more annoying than anything.

sankt-Antonio

whats the point using the HARIMAU when the ASEGAI is the same but with 10 points more in thrust???
this class is useless!

thx @rabhw ill try!

Greg

Beatbox said:
My only Wipeout experience was Pure for PSP and I liked it but only played for a few hours. This game however, rocks my cock off. Buy it now!
Well, you talked me into it. :lol

Acquiring now.

calder

Finally started playing it last night and I quickly got sucked right back into my Wipeout love. :D It's been a while since I played a Wipeout a lot (XL or Wip3out maybe) and I've never played the PSP games, so this is great great stuff. Playing on medium and I quickly developed my normal "keep playing every race/trials until you gold it" mindset.

And I know it's been said but holy crap does this game look incredible. Watching the camera swoop so smoothly on the replay lap and seeing the cityscapes and backgrounds (those giant cruiseships in the harbour say) still blows me away. If you like the clean, futuristic aesthetic of the series like I do, you'll probably think this is one of the best looking games ever. I know I do.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
sankt-Antonio said:
whats the point using the HARIMAU when the ASEGAI is the same but with 10 points more in thrust???
this class is useless!

thx @rabhw ill try!

Because the HARIMAU is awesome.

McLovin

First time I played it froze before I even got to play... said goodbye to 30 psn friends and now the game runs beautifully... No freezing whatsoever.. online is fun too.

McLovin

MasterCharged said:
i can only playit when im off line. the second i sign on the game freezes
Find out which 50 of your psn friends you like most.. then delete everyone else. Thats the only solution for now until they patch it.

jmd494

Between this and MM9, this week's PSN update is kicking me in the balls.

How the FUCK would anyone ever make it to zone 20 in zone without hitting any walls?

How the FUCK would anyone ever make it to zone 75? The fuck?!

I understand trophies being hard but that seems impossible. I've gotten through 9 zones with one or two simple mistakes (i.e. I could definitely do 9 perfect zones). But getting to 11 or 12 seems totally unobtainable!

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Like I've said a few times, I've been playing with 61 friends and no major problems - anyone deleting friends to get down to 50 - make a pit stop at 61 and see if it works. Only problem I have is the "Press select to..." text in the top right corner.

sankt-Antonio

Justin Dailey said:

How the FUCK would anyone ever make it to zone 20 in zone
without hitting any walls?

I understand trophies being hard but that seems impossible. I've gotten through 9 zones with one or two simple mistakes (i.e. I could definitely do 9 perfect zones). But getting to 11 or 12 seems totally unobtainable!

assist on i guess

Volcynika

Justin Dailey said:

How the FUCK would anyone ever make it to zone 20 in zone without hitting any walls?

:lol

Yeah, I got to zone 36, and it was just nuts by that time. Perfect zones I can only do a couple in a row, then I hit a wall.

Trevelyan

Banned
Justin Dailey said:

Hah. I've actually been working on this trophy and so far I can make it to zone 16 perfectly on Moa Therma.

Top Bottom