• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

yurinka

Wollan said:
'reviewed by Guy Cocker'

what a dick

Also, 7.5 upper barrier for DL games confirmed.

soldat7 said:
Rez (7.9)-> Rez HD (8.5)

Wipeout Pure/Pulse (8.8/8.0)-> Wipeout HD = 7.5???

wat Gamespot? wat?

I think the problem isn't with DL games. I think it's with PSN exclusives, or with Sony PS3/PSN games. Gamespot scores :

Braid (9.5), Geometry Wars 2 (9), Castle Crashers (8.5), Rez HD (8.5), Super Stardust HD (7), Warhawk (8.5), Gran Turismo Prologue (7.5), Echochrome (8), Pixeljunk Eden (7), Pixeljunk Monsters (7.5), Pixeljunk Monsters (7), Flow (7.1)

See also SCE retail PS3 games: Heavenly Sword (8), Uncharted (8), Motorstorm (7.9)

EDIT :

I forgot Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction (7.5), Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty (7.5), Siren Blood Curse (7.0), Folklore (7.0), Lair (4.5), Resistance (8.5), Ridge Racer 7 (8), Genji 2 (6.4)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Wollan said:
Pulse absolutely bombed at the NPDs I believe. I heard it did 10k the first month or so, sounds crazy. Any who knows for sure?
Damn shame.

navii said:
i would easily pay almost twice the price for a packaged copy. i hate this download shit.

one of the reasons I pay for games is so that i have something physical.

that said. day 1. the 1up preview really impressed me.
Hopefully SCEE pulls something and we get a packaged one anyway. It's not like the broadband penetration has improved much since Q4B.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
morlock said:
He says that the game offers nothing new that we have'nt already experienced on the PSP-games... ?!

Yeah, like it's the same thing to play Wipeout on the PSP and on my 80" projectorscreen in 1080p and a fat 5.1 setup....

Nothing new... Pah! I fart in his direction!

That's the thing. Playing this at 60fps with proper controls is like a totally new experience.

1-D_FTW

Bring it on! There's a bunch of PS3 games releasing this fall that I want, so I just picked up an 80GB unit at Best Buy in preparation for Wipeout.

Klytus

soldat7 said:
Rez (7.9)-> Rez HD (8.5)

Wipeout Pure/Pulse (8.8/8.0)-> Wipeout HD = 7.5???

wat Gamespot? wat?

I obviously haven't played the game and so can't really comment on the game's quality. But going by the reviews from 1up and IGN, and then looking at the review scores quoted above... this really makes Gamespot look bad.

It actually makes me angry, and I thought I was past getting upset by this kind of thing. What idiots.

Danielsan

People still visit Gamespot?
That site died when Kasavin left the building and got buried when Gerstman got kicked out and took the entire crew with him.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Firewire said:
Whats you're score TTP? :D

A solid 9 out of 10.

Oh, and I unlocked this beauty here :D

j0l176.jpg

8wzhvk.jpg

yurinka said:
I think the problem isn't with DL games. I think it's with PSN exclusives, or with Sony PS3/PSN games. Gamespot scores :

Braid (9.5), Geometry Wars 2 (9), Castle Crashers (8.5), Rez HD (8.5), Super Stardust HD (7), Warhawk (8.5), Gran Turismo Prologue (7.5), Echochrome (8), Pixeljunk Eden (7), Pixeljunk Monsters (7.5), Pixeljunk Monsters (7), Flow (7.1)

See also SCE retail PS3 games: Heavenly Sword (8), Uncharted (8), Motorstorm (7.9)
Wow, 7 for SSHD? :lol

Crayon

Klytus said:
It actually makes me angry, and I thought I was past getting upset by this kind of thing. What idiots.

Don't be angry. If sony thought it was importnat for games to have good review scores they would buy them like everyone else does. Let them deal with it.

Dante

yurinka said:

:lol

Klytus

Wow at the screens from the Sol track. Cheers TTP! :D

Six days.... By Christ, this is gonna be a long week. Where did I put that Flux Capacitor I stole from Doc Brown?

ianp622

yurinka said:

Normally I don't like to say review websites are biased, but I mean COME ON.

yurinka said:
Gamespot scores :

Well that looks obvious. Giving super stardust only a 7 is a crime.

carlosp

Banned
M°°nblade said:
Well that looks obvious. Giving super stardust only a 7 is a crime.

well i only check the reviews of eurogamer and IGN. Gamespot and 1Up is upper shit. not even visit it in years.

WTFing

Banned
carlosp said:
well i only check the reviews of eurogamer and IGN. Gamespot and 1Up is upper shit. not even visit it in years.
All the reviews of all these sites are shit. I never click to see whatever is written on those sites.
Can't wait for Thursday!
WipEout PSN 15€ enough said :D

Sweet god almighty, this is going to be awesome.

I've been out if the Techno scene for a few years now, anyone care to recommend some current music to use with the custom soundtracks?

daegan

Opus Angelorum said:
Sweet god almighty, this is going to be awesome.

I've been out if the Techno scene for a few years now, anyone care to recommend some current music to use with the custom soundtracks?

The new G.A.M.E. compilation by GAF is directed entirely at use in Wipeout HD.

And no, I don't have any songs on it, but I did enjoy the first two and am eagerly awaiting this as it seems that most of the artists are familiar with the source material.

yurinka said:

WTF @ those scores.

That's ridiculous.

I'm glad Sony didn't budge on giving GameSpot the moneyhat, and instead allowed us to purchase the game for much cheaper than anticipated.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
yurinka said:

I laugh sometimes when someone accuses a site of being biased, but holy freaking crap is something wrong with Gamespot. I mean...wow.

Raziel

yurinka said:

you left out one of the more infamous low-balled games, ratchet: tod (7.5)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm not usually a fan of racing games but I'm considering picking this one up because it seems like a good deal. If I liked F-Zero GX would I like this?

RoboPlato said:
I'm not usually a fan of racing games but I'm considering picking this one up because it seems like a good deal. If I liked F-Zero GX would I like this?

If you like futuristic racers you'll love this. It's a bit different than f-zero in terms of handling, though.

Movement

RoboPlato said:

If you've ever enjoyed playing video games you'll like this.

Top Bottom