• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 | Impressions Thread of not shooting the messenger.

jonno394

I just remembered that one of my favorite experiences last gen was a short game which was heavy on cut scenes, full of qte and rather light on actual gameplay. This game was Asuras Wrath. There are similarities to be found in the two so I'm sure that I'll be fine with the order.

Would it be worth locking the frame rate at something like 35? That extra 5fps?
Unless you have an NVIDIA or AMD powered PC that supports g/free-sync, and a monitor that supports it also, the only real options are 30 and 60 frames per second as that is what they refresh at. Certain panels, such as plasma, can refresh much higher but it's mostly to hit the proper 24fps of film content.

Attempting to deliver 35 FPS to a 60 or 30 hz TV (as in, most all of them) is what results in micro stutters. This can be seen / felt on and off at times, in games like Infamous: Second Son.

Micerider

Ryse was indeed a decent game, well worth a rent IMO, great graphics and atmosphere, but not great, again IMO, i did beat it and thought the lenght was ok.

8 hour games are fine by me, i usially don't beat longer games unless they're really story heavy and awesome like TLOU.

Biggest problem of Ryse was extreme repetitivity in gameplay. There was literaly no efforts to bring some variety. But I did enjoy the game for what it was : a short burst of spectacular action with nice settings. Not a keeper though, once was enough and a longer game would have overstayed it's welcome

I have no idea what people have against post processing effects.

Any design work you do; in a game, movie or photography needs that layer of post processing to convey the mood and feel, or adding a bit more pizzazz to a scene. :|

UberTag

The ending has been spoilt for me by a gaffer I follow on Twitter, he/she retweeted it 8(
It's one thing for someone to watch footage of a game before its release in order to make an informed buying decision.
It's quite another to then broadcast spoilers of said footage on Twitter to whomever might be within shouting distance.
That's just being disrespectful and a surefire way to chase followers away from you in droves.

ron_bato

The store where I put my preorder on my collectors ed just let me know that they got the go signal to sell the game. I'll be getting my copy in about 4 hours. I'll let you guys know what I think. :)

Putty

It's one thing for someone to watch footage of a game before its release in order to make an informed buying decision.
It's quite another to then broadcast spoilers of said footage on Twitter to whomever might be within shouting distance.
That's just being disrespectful and a surefire way to chase followers away from you in droves.

Sadly, I did just that.

Trace

Banned
I have no idea what people have against post processing effects.

Any design work you do; in a game, movie or photography needs that layer of post processing to convey the mood and feel, or adding a bit more pizzazz to a scene. :|

Because it's just a mask used by shitty developers to cover bad ingame assets and lazy coding.

I hope no one actually thinks this way

According to the gaffer playthroughs we have knowledge of, more like 13 - 16 hours?

It was tongue in cheek . 4 hrs wait plus 5 hrs game time :)

Guess it will depend on people's playstyles some will slowly admire the amazing visuals and explore everything ( I know I will) , whilst others will just follow the markers and probably finish it in a lot less time .

I'm more interested in hearing if it's easily replayable? Multiple paths , skippable cutscenes ? From what I've read it's a fairly linear experience .

Photo mode , new gameplus ? Anything like that?

Betty

Banned
I'm more interested in hearing if it's easily replayable? Multiple paths , skippable cutscenes ? From what I've read it's a fairly linear experience .

Photo mode , new gameplus ? Anything like that?

Multiple Paths
no.
Skippable cutscenes
no.
photo mode
not as of yet might be patched in
new gameplus
no.

Sid

So this was posted in the spoiler thread

New runner doing a thorough check of nearly every corner, picking up every item he finds, and listening to every audio log he's come across. Comparing him with our speed demon 5.5 hour rusher at the same point in Chapter 4, this is our time comparison:

Guy playing the game right | 2 h 19 min 57 sec
5.5 hour speed demon | 2 h 2 min 32 sec

He's only 17 minutes slower.

Loomba

Anyone know when we will be able to redeem the free theme from the order site? I just tried referring but it said invalid. Supposed to be today, anyone had any success redeeming yet?

Skux

Well, nice to see this game has an active speedrunning community already
D4RU01b.png

Anyone know when we will be able to redeem the free theme from the order site? I just tried referring but it said invalid. Supposed to be today, anyone had any success redeeming yet?
Probably when the store updates with the theme, as per usual. Free for those who unlocked it on the site, maybe a few bucks for everyone else :p

Gibbo

Out early in Singapore. Getting my copy in 2 hours.

Btw, are some of you guys actually reading what you are writing? The knee jerk reaction in this thread is pretty embarassing.

Loomba

Probably when the store updates with the theme, as per usual. Free for those who unlocked it on the site, maybe a few bucks for everyone else :p

OK thanks.

Are themes unlocked system wide? so if I redeem the theme on my US account, will it be available on my UK account like games are?

I'd rather pay for a shorter but better and packed game than 16 hours of fetch quests in the hinterlands >_<

The game looks phenomenal and for that that's reason enough to buy it ( also that thermite and arc gun)

OK thanks.

Are themes unlocked system wide? so if I redeem the theme on my US account, will it be available on my UK account like games are?
Not sure, but I assume so. Are there any free themes that are on US only, that you can download and test this with?

Agh, anyway, just a few more days. Was going to be editing a little bit tonight but once I loaded into Premiere I realized I have almost 24 hours to sort through, so.... GOODNIGHT EVERYONE, heh. At least I'll be busy until Friday.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's always these graphical showcase games that cause the most hysteria, like Ryse this is a game designed to show off the power of the console nothing more.

The developers themselves have said that gameplay was not a priority, so why would anyone expect a great game? The focus was on the graphics and 'cinematic' story so inevitably we get a short, basic, corridor-based shooting game.

Jesus. Thats it. Im going to wallmart and anywhere else that sells games here tomorrow and trying to talk somebody into selling me a copy.

Jesus. Thats it. Im going to wallmart and anywhere else that sells games here tomorrow and trying to talk somebody into selling me a copy.

It's so freaking strange not being able to pick this up tomorrow, usually Tuesdays are game days. So many people are picking it up now, it's a bit of a joke to not just let them sell it.

Votron

I think most sony
s game are trying to follow on the footstep of Naughty DOgs.. Not hat it's a bad thing.. but other studios needs to have their own creativity tooo

Imru&#8217; al-Qays;152415710 said:
I think it's because they were guesstimating their playtimes.

Even if they guesstimated their playtimes, do you really think they were about 4 or 3 hours off of the mark? I mean come on, pretty sure they can tell time. But I don't even know why I am discussing this, everyone's pretty much made up their mind. I'm on more of a wait and see approach.

Top Bottom