• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 just got Photomode update

barit

Okay this is amazing. You can keep the settings while playing the game. So no more film grain. This is especially amazing because one Gaffer tried to convince everyone that RAD put these effects in the game because PS4 would be to weak to display a clean IQ. Well my friend, now you can do it without the needing of a PC version. ;)

v1ncelis

So is The Order a first game of 2015 which has a photomode? Such an awesome feature why more devs not patch this thing in.

NateDrake

Hope they add in a way to see which collectibles you missed on each chapter. Would give it a second play if that were added.

Eggbok

I was messing with the blur, can't you tell. I also love how free the camera is compared to other games with photomode so far. Also the ability to hide certain npc's is amazing!

theorder_1886_2015041rkunw.jpg

theorder_1886_2015041t0uv9.jpg

theorder_1886_2015041hzuuw.jpg

Wow! It really did something unique in this photo mode by allowing the game colors grading to change so we can play game in different visuals.

Ricky_R

Holy SHIT!! I honestly thought they were going to scratch the photomode idea.

This will consume me tonight.

Question: Can you remove any post processing effect?

EDIT: I'm dumb. Didn't read OP.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Very cool. And also very smart, since photomode is another form of user-generated advertising.
I'm pretty sure this is why it usually comes out after launch. Not a core feature and will be some added advertising after the first wave of sales dries up.

Ricky_R

I'm pretty sure this is why it usually comes out after launch. Not a core feature and will be some added advertising after the first wave of sales dries up.

It also increases replayability, so the game should have some positive review updates.

;)

Begaria

At this point, photo mode should just be a system wide feature with the screenshot/share functionality.

cant wait to try it. I couldnt take any action shots before because of the motion blur. It made it so blurry in screens you couldn't see whats going on. I should be able to get some nice arc gun and shotgun ripping people up shots now.

Ricky_R

I wonder if they are working in an interesting DLC for this game. I would gladly buy it.

More so if it has an enjoyable lycan encounter this time around.

v1ncelis

At this point, photo mode should just be a system wide feature with the screenshot/share functionality.
As up today there's only like 6 games which has a photomode. Seems like devs don't care that much about this feature or it requires too much work done.
My priorities would be just PNG support and maybe if it's possible - automatic HUD remove while taking a screenshot.

jett

D-Member
It's funny to me how all these recent photo modes, which are all inspired by Gran Turismo's, lack two of GT's most important features: downsampling from extremely high resolutions and being able to save a high quality image.

I wonder if they are working in an interesting DLC for this game. I would gladly buy it.

More so if it has an enjoyable lycan encounter this time around.
I second this. This game needs more character developments which I think are very lacking. RaD should provide those developments by making a prequel standalone game.

It's funny to me how all these photo modes, which are all inspired by Gran Turismo's, lack two of GT's most important features: downsampling from extremely high resolutions and being able to save a high quality image.

Yeah, we need to spam them with this now.

Shin-Ra

Now if they'd just update SHARE to capture .PNG .....

It's funny to me how all these recent photo modes, which are all inspired by Gran Turismo's, lack two of GT's most important features: downsampling from extremely high resolutions and being able to save a high quality image.
SS/native res option would always be nice and PNG output of course.

Tearaway Unfolded should have supersampling at least.

DieH@rd

Banned
You can't even pause it in offline mode, the game has no pause system.

Knowing FROM, they will enable pausing in photo mode of user spends 1 insight or maybe 10% of their current XP. :D It can't be accessed for free.

I think the lack of downsampling is in nextgen photo modes is better. That way everyone knows that captured visuals are from REALTIME game that runs at 30 of 60fps. No fakery is included [there was some additional AA in DC photomode if camera is stationary for a bit].

As for HQ images, hopefully they will add better capture system one day. Until then, vast majority of the gamers are sharing images that look good but not awesome.

I took hundreds of screenshots the normal way so I can't even imagine how much time I would have spent with this, probably would have doubled my time with the game lol.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Still hoping for a serious piece of single player dlc but I will definitely give the photomode a good once over. Some amazing shots in here already.

Top Bottom