• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 just got Photomode update

23qwerty

I guess I'm old because I have no idea what the point of this is if you're not a reviewer...
I don't see what the point of this is if you're a reviewer actually

Also you don't see the point in being able to change the filters for the entire game?

Eggbok

Excellent video Eggbok

phenomenal

Sterling work, Sir Egg of Bok.

Bwhaha, the gif matches the music of the youtube video in rythm.
Amazing vid by the way!

Best display of gameplay visuals I have ever seen...

Thanks you guys! :D

I guess I'm old because I have no idea what the point of this is if you're not a reviewer...

Personally I love making gifs and videos with them. I like taking the time to appreciate all the small details and things I've missed playing through the game. I like having the ability to capture a moment and make it look even more amazing than it already does. I hope more games have them too so I can abuse them like I did with The Order and Infamous.

kanuuna

8jSgo2D.jpg

Crazy.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, during cut-scenes resources are alleviated from AI / player control systems and seemingly poured into increasing precision of effects like DOF, sub-surface scattering, etc.
I don't think any of that is really better during cutscenes. The only difference seems to be carefully arranged light sources for the cutscenes that present everything in best light. For example, DOF looks fantastic in all the gameplay shots shown here, I don't remember cutscene DOF looking any different.

Incredible photos. Best looking game out there.

I don't think they got the best out of what they had, sadly. Hope they get to try again.

Putty

Sensationally beautiful! I really enjoyed the game, I do hope RAD get to continue with the franchise. Lord only knows what the sequel would look like....

Davide

Bravo guys...amazing stuff.

Please tell me we will get a better sequel to this game ... so much potential for it to be something special in the sequel if they give it a try and fix the issues :(

hesido

Enjoyment? That's like saying whats the point of watching a movie you enjoyed before if you're not doing homework on it.

Yeah, during cut-scenes resources are alleviated from AI / player control systems and seemingly poured into increasing precision of effects like DOF, sub-surface scattering, etc.

That may or may not be the case, in cut-scenes the artists can add additional "beautifying" light sources, like in a controlled movie set with limited and pre-determined camera movements, which is not possible in the game. There are some in game shots with beautiful skin!

Don't care what anyone says this is one of the best games ever. I lovethe story and characters. My god the presentation is unreal, it makes every other game look dated. Hngggggg
7GrA3p4.jpg

l5eWwjT.jpg

giW5BiB.jpg

uJ7mrnO.jpg

nzXcJju.jpg

l1p3jrO.jpg

lZUblY1.jpg

Ba7MjRk.jpg

6crRRrZ.jpg

9zLGSZT.jpg

NfnrF6Q.jpg

nJhGiVN.jpg

Das it mane

Zomba13

Took a few when I played through the game. I really liked the game which surprised me becuase of all the bad press about it being short and lacking gameplay and full of QTEs. Fantastic looking game but I still hate the forced aspect ratio. The photo mode is godly though and once again proves how much value gets added to a game with it, not just for the consumers but for the developers/publishers with all the free publicity generated by users. So glad Sony seem to be pushing this hard in their games.

theorder_1886_201504175uey.jpg

theorder_1886_2015041uduhk.jpg

theorder_1886_2015041mvuci.jpg

Jigolo

It really is the best looking game ever. I guess that's what happens when you start building an engine from scratch in 2010(?). That shot of the indian chick is crazy, it's unfortunate that xeno is the only one here with a capture card.

It's too bad the game itself sucks.

Took a few when I played through the game. I really liked the game which surprised me becuase of all the bad press about it being short and lacking gameplay and full of QTEs. Fantastic looking game but I still hate the forced aspect ratio. The photo mode is godly though and once again proves how much value gets added to a game with it, not just for the consumers but for the developers/publishers with all the free publicity generated by users. So glad Sony seem to be pushing this hard in their games.

theorder_1886_2015041uduhk.jpg

I don't even.... 0_o

You know, in an ironic twist, this right here is what may push me to actually buy the game. Photomode is well thought-out feature implemented by SONY (or was it that SSM dev who suggested it), regardless, this is the kind of thing that puts even more value on top of the game.

Top Bottom