• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 New Previews, More

So that Black Water looks like it could be a tad bit OP. Any idea if there is a cool down period for it? I didn't see any indicators in that gif that displayed how much more Black Water time you had left.

I guess you just can't help being fucking annoying.

There is tearing in that gif though. There's tearing in the footage too. Not sure how pointing that out makes him annoying, unless you mean it's just something in long line of things he's done?

Anyway, I'm sure it's just a video issue and even if it isn't, it'll likely be fixed before release...

meta4

I hope so man,this game blows away literally every other game in visuals,I'm just a little worried on the content side.

If it is atleast as long as Uncharted Drakes Fortune it should be pretty good start. Sequel will likely be much longer.

DieH@rd

Banned
So that Black Water looks like it could be a tad bit OP. Any idea if there is a cool down period for it? I didn't see any indicators in that gif that displayed how much more Black Water time you had left.

Some preview said that Black Sight will be very precious resource that can be used only rarely. It is also said that Black Sight chances the personality of knights, making them full of rage. I hope RAD will implement that element into the main story and individual storylines of the knights.

FleetFeet

I think these are the enemies with thermite guns who were not shown in the preview. They are difficult enemies according to the devs because of sparks falling all around the player.

Ah, I see... that's interesting, will be fun to see those particle effects up close if that's the case.

Doesn't sound like it will be very plentiful resource from previews. I agree its somewhat OP, but I'm sure they've already thought that through. I certainly don't expect it be using it as much as Bullet Time from Max Payne.

I do know the first thing I'll do is use it to capture some badass footage I can make WEBMs out of and then I'll hit restart from last checkpoint and only use it in very dire situations.

Cubed

Seems a lot of people are becoming less hyped the more they hear about this... I'm the opposite. I barely cared when this was first announced, but now I'm really into it.

Seems a lot of people are becoming less hyped the more they hear about this... I'm the opposite. I barely cared when this was first announced, but now I'm really into it.

Game needs 10 minute B-roll footage to fully spell out exactly what the game is about. Show the dynamic QTE's, show the half breeds, show how the thermite gun works from a much closer PoV and show how teamwork works.

I'm sure that'll win over anyone who is still on the fence or perhaps become less interested since the delay.

fasTRapid

Banned
Crysis 3 is goat

k2ofuh2.jpg
That doesn't look human at all.

viveks86

Some preview said that Black Sight will be very precious resource that can be used only rarely. It is also said that Black Sight chances the personality of knights, making them full of rage. I hope RAD will implement that element into the main story and individual storylines of the knights.

Black Sight changes their personality? I thought consuming black water does. Which source is this?

LastNac

I could dig it on the more powerful weapons. *Hoping for TLoU levels of gore.*

Considering the supernatural monster and horror angles, it may not be out of place after all.

Will be interesting to see combat against some non-human foes.

But man do I wish that slow-mo mode had more to it than just flicking between targets for auto-kills.

I don't know, Gears of War level gore for the sake of gore seems too much.

It's going for an M-rating, right?

DieH@rd

Banned
Black Sight changes their personality? I thought consuming black water does. Which source is this?

Water heals them and gives them blacksight, but Ru or game director mentioned that that rage they feel during blacksight changes them. I hope this will be fully integrated into game story.

viveks86

Water heals them and gives them blacksight, but Ru or game director mentioned that that rage they feel during blacksight changes them. I hope this will be fully integrated into game story.

I see

I got the impression that the Black Water both heals and grants Black Sight. I'm probably wrong. Potato.

You are correct. I was just wondering if using black sight has it's own set of side effects. That could be an interesting twist to just the usual slow mo.

DieH@rd

Banned
I dont think that the "rage" side effect will have any impact on the gameplay itself, but will be more "character progression" effect. Old Persival is maybe ~600-700 years old, maybe Galahad will comment how much he has changed in past 2 centuries, maybe Persival will come close to "the edge" of permanent rage, maybe Galahad will start feeling changes in himself. Its a neat storytelling device.

nib95

Banned
I dont think that the "rage" side effect will have any impact on the gameplay itself, but will be more "character progression" effect. Old Persival is maybe ~600-700 years old, maybe Galahad will comment how much he has changed in past 2 centuries, maybe Persival will come close to "the edge" of permanent rage, maybe Galahad will start feeling changes in himself. Its a neat storytelling device.

That's what I'm thinking too. Though it would be funny if in rage mode you're inadvertently much more brutal and unforgiving.

viveks86

Hmmm… That does seem more likely.

sjay1994

this cover art looks like ass. my brain tunes out just looking at this cover. who the fuck finds this visually appealing in focus testing?

Reminds me of what the overstrike boxart was supposed to be

OSx360PFTfront.jpg

so... does that mean this game is going to be renamed and become something incredibly generic?

Handy Fake

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a tiny little bit
:p
, but that looks more like a DSLR picture with a heavy sharpening filter going on.
When I'm upclose to another human being I usually tend to not see their every skin imperfection.

Actually, I think he looks like a potato. :D

Loudninja

More importantly, the brief play session placed me behind the hero’s Thermite Rifle. Sporting a primary and secondary fire mode, the hand-cannon follows a blast of aluminum iron oxide pellets with a well-placed flare; the latter ignites the former, allowing players to cook their enemies extra crispy. When not directly barbecuing bad guys, more strategy-minded marksman can use the dual-shot death-dealer to draw targets from cover by shooting above them and letting a literal firestorm rain down on their hiding spot. On top of reducing targets to soot, Galahad’s weapon of choice features some slick effects; from the cough-inducing cloud triggered by the initial blast of pellets to the realistic sparks-to-fireball transformation of the payload, it’s clear The Order‘s presentation takes full advantage of all those horses beneath the PS4′s hood.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/28/the-order-1886-preview/

Kayant

PSblog preview and new video I think -

Sir Galahad stands with his back against a pillar, gunfire peppering his cover from the balcony above. I blink. For a moment, I’ve forgotten that The Order: 1886 on PS4 is running in front of me, and control has already shifted back to the DualShock 4 in my hands. There is no camera crew following the brave knight through the besieged streets of London. There is only the highly cinematic third-person shooter that Ready At Dawn Studios has crafted from its own interpretation of Arthurian lore.
Dozens of details contribute to The Order’s palpable realness. Every action taken and word spoken has been captured by actors. Coats flutter as the knights stride down alleyways and through dimly lit houses. Lamps collect dirt and flicker on countertops, nearly forgotten. Dogs bark in the distance between the sound of combat. The Order: 1886 puts the player squarely in the center of this conflict.
As Galahad moves through London in an effort to suppress threats to the crown, many of his actions are interactive. Players can snatch up a discarded map and turn it over with care, or defend a downed constable as Galahad’s ally Lafayette drags the wounded man to safety. These interactive cinematics marry the rich narrative of The Order with raw play, enabling players to participate in the story more actively. To support this, every cutscene plays “in engine,” softening the transition between story sections and combat.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/30/hands-on-with-the-order-1886-on-ps4/#sf3113238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uEQO5cu3iA

Jaradakar

I also have a correction. That hint I gave is no longer correct (it was going to happen but is no longer -- it was to be a collaboration but alas not to be).

Instead it's another composer who worked on a popular game with the initials DS

Top Bottom