• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Order: 1886 footage from Spanish Voice actor interview -Old Footage, Spoilers

Draft

lol spoiler alert. In the Order people are shot and things explode.

It's funny Sony games usually look best when shrunk into gifs but these are pretty ugly.

shandy706

I wish he wouldn't have said this bomb is such a big deal :/

It's ok. It's probably only the whole trigger to the release of the enemies in the game. Probably some form of "evil weapon" used to alter space time/awaken them or allow the enemies to enter through tears or something.

jacobeid

Banned
If the footage wasn't meant to be seen then why did Playstation post it?

Regardless, the game has clearly had some development issues.

I hope the game really shines at PS Experience. This is Ready at Dawn chance to prove this game is worth it.

I also hope the game isn't some 6-7 hours shoot fest with no multiplayer or replay value.

dan2026

Is this game still letterboxed?

If so fuck that. Cutting 25% of the screen just because you can't optimise properly.

viveks86

I don't think the "bomb" is even a big spoiler. It was already hinted in their last trailer. Also, I don't think it's a bomb. Not in the traditional sense anyway. So everyone should calm down

I'm actually pretty positive on this game overall, unlike what most of GAF seems to be. The letterboxing is terrible though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

If so fuck that. Cutting 25% of the screen just because you can't optimise properly.
They decided from an early point in development to do it (even the concept art and tech presentation powerpoints are letterboxed) and are designing the FoV around it. I dramatically prefer letterboxing in a standard ratio to upscaling.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Footage is most likely for making the voice overs as they need to see the scene, not the finished game. I would prefer to understand what they are talking about as I don't speak spanish. And wait for PS Experience footage more.

It's never going to change. Get over it with the ancient derailment topic and don't buy the game.

sn00zer

I dont even know what to say to this..... holy shit they have said from Day 1 that they are trying to mimic the film look. Look at games like Beyond Two Souls rather than Evil Within

Superflat

A lot of that footage must be pretty damn old because there's a lot of post processing absent. Can't wait to see what they have to show at TGA or the PS event.

Is there a lot of hype around this game? Just a few days ago I was debating if I could only get The Witcher 3 or 1886 during that week I would probably end up with the Witcher 3 (luckily BB B2G1 will help me finance both now).

This game looks amazing but I don't know if it has any legs to stand on after you beat the campaign. I expect an amazing story and experience playing, but is it a game where I should probably sell it back after beating it. .

system11

I hope the game really shines at PS Experience. This is Ready at Dawn chance to prove this game is worth it.

I also hope the game isn't some 6-7 hours shoot fest with no multiplayer or replay value.

I really hope there's no tacked on multiplayer. Give me a nice long story mode and don't waste development time on Yet Another Crappy MP Arena Mode.

Haroldo

uhhhmmm...regarding the letterboxing how was GAF's reaction to the letterboxing in Resident Evil 4??
Not that i'm defending 1886 but makes me wonder...

I don't see why I would want to keep this game if I beat it once. I don't see the value added for holding on to this game, no word on multiplayers or a single player horde mode or anything. . .I just don't think it will be worth owning this game. Maybe renting or purchasing and selling back.

Man. I remember when I first saw footage for this game I was completely blown away. I couldn't believe they had managed to get games to look that good. Now it just seems...average.

I don't see why I would want to keep this game if I beat it once. I don't see the value added for holding on to this game, no word on multiplayers or a single player horde mode or anything. . .I just don't think it will be worth owning this game. Maybe renting or purchasing and selling back.

Singleplayer replay value is a thing. Even with no bonus content, a meaty, well paced, well designed campaign is reason enough to keep a game.

Singleplayer replay value is a thing. Even with no bonus content, a meaty, well paced, well designed campaign is reason enough to keep a game.

Without any research being done on what captures video game consumers for AAA titles I can only reasonably assume that games without a strong multiple player or endless killing mode have less market share or are often returned sooner. Especially when comparing a single player focused game like Bioware games (there is multiplayer regardless) allows for multiple different stories to be told, where 1886 seems like it will be very linear in storytelling.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Same for me. I replay tight, quality single player games many times wheras open world and RPG titles just get played once.

Without any research being done on what captures video game consumers for AAA titles I can only reasonably assume that games without a strong multiple player or endless killing mode have less market share or are often returned sooner. Especially when comparing a single player focused game like Bioware games (there is multiplayer regardless) allows for multiple different stories to be told, where 1886 seems like it will be very linear in storytelling.

I thought we were speaking speaking from a personal perspective. On the whole I'm guessing the percentage of players that replay singleplayer focused games is extremely small anyway (smaller even then the small percentage of players who actually finish the games). That initial investment is the most important for these titles (especially for Bioware games, where I'm guessing a large portion of the audience never touches multiplayer). As long as they design it so it's easy and inviting to replay for those of us that do such a thing, the rest (horde mode, multiplayer) is icing on a cake that doesn't necessarily need icing IMO.

Multiplayer's cool, but I don't need it, and I don't think it's needed to call The Order 1886 a game worth keeping.

Top Bottom