• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: New screenshot found on SSM website!

Stop gaming on an LCD and you won't even notice the black bars.

Still presents a smaller picture then what my screen is capable of for no reason other then a slight gimmick. Honestly why would someone defend it this, do you really believe it adds anything to the game?

Also is there any plasma available that has 120hz input? Nope.

You are over reacting it by claiming it to be half, it's barely even a quarter of the screen.
And no you couldn't be more wrong when you say "obviously less FOV".
Sorry you're correct, aspect ratio has nothing to do with fov. "Barley a quarter" is a lot in this circumstance imo.

DieH@rd

Banned
Let us remind ourself how this game looks. :D This is realtime, native res.

image_the_order_1886-23530-2752_0007.jpg

image_the_order_1886-23530-2752_0006.jpg

image_the_order_1886-23530-2752_0003.jpg

image_the_order_1886-23530-2752_0004.jpg

Dat atmosphere. Dat lightning. Dat DOF. That uber smooth look.

Zephyl

I hope when the game comes out there is a collector's edition for the game! I would also love to see an art book with it. :)

sjay1994

So... Is there anything else to this game other than the fact it looks nice?

Because that's all readyatdawn talk about this game are its graphics. What makes it special? Is it just another shooter? What does it do to distinguish itself from the hoardes of other shooters that will come out as well? Is it just the setting that's unique?

I honestly can't get hyped for this game until I have a better understanding of it besides the fact it has nice graphics.

Shin-Ra

The game looks fantastic already from this months-old batch of screenshots, could use some stronger anisotropic filtering and maybe some of the ground textures are blurry also. Not too worried about the aniso f. after the comments from MJP about post AA alone not being good enough for them.

Thank you! We worked really hard on it.

1) We actually used to use deferred rendering, and one of the reasons for switching was so that MSAA would be more affordable and less error-prone. I'm a firm believer in MSAA, and I think it's required if you want really good image quality. The shader-based techniques like FXAA and MLAA are certainly a lot better than nothing and they make a still screenshot look really nice, but they're fundamentally limited by a lack of sub-pixel information and it really shows in motion. They can still be nice though when used in conjunction with MSAA in order to improve the quality further and to cover up some of the places where MSAA doesn't work as well, and there's also some shader things you can do on modern GPU's that make MSAA more effective overall.

2) I'm honestly not sure what the resolution is of a raw capture. I'll have to ask Dave, the scanner is his baby.

3) A lot. :)
vmdf4.gif

Wolff

I really hope they succed with this one. Everything looks interesting and could make for a great game. Too bad all we've seen is images.

The only thing i truly dislike right now are those bars.

Have they brought up anything about a MP mode? I'm actually hoping that there is one.

I hope so. Personally, I feel like Sony needs to release at least one solid MP shooter game this year. Amped about Second Son, Rime, Shadow of the Beast, etc. But MP has lasting, staying power that is good for keeping a game at the forefront over the holiday.

That's just my opinion though.

Because that's all readyatdawn talk about this game are its graphics. What makes it special? Is it just another shooter? What does it do to distinguish itself from the hoardes of other shooters that will come out as well? Is it just the setting that's unique?

I honestly can't get hyped for this game until I have a better understanding of it besides the fact it has nice graphics.

What's wrong with it being just another shooter? At it's basics TLOU is also a shooter. Other than the fact that The Order looking great so far, it's set in Victorian London(how many games can claim that), it will have it's own unique story, it's own unique game mechanics, you will shoot vampires and werewolves with crazy weapons, all presented to you in a cinematic style.

Nafai1123

Banned

It's the first game AFAIK that is rendering everything in the world with soft-body physics, which could play a big part into the gameplay (I'm personally hoping for something as revolutionary as HL2 was for it's time).

MercuryLS

Banned
I get the feeling this game is going to be something special.

Same here, I'm really hoping the game consists of:

1) Gears of War-like cover mechanics and interesting weapons with unique firing attributes.

2) Moody/scary like a good survival horror game.

3) Strong characters and story like a ND game.

That would be the ultimate mix of awesome for me.

I personally think there should be a ban on developers using the word "soon" in reference to new info, video, etc. I'd rather enjoy the surprise that was known in the days of yesteryear when the answer was always "when it's done"... At least that phrase left the timeline completely open ended. To me "soon" means... soon, as in, less than a day (not several weeks/months).

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
"A new screenshot for The Order? GAF always disappoints with these threads. I bet it's just another shot of the character models. But what if they're finally showing off awesome environments, enemies, or combat?! Alright, GAF. One more time.... ::click::"

Never again, GAF. Never again.

Yes. Besides the fact that it's developed by a AAA studio with a good pedigree (from Naughty Dog, Blizzard, etc.).

It's being co-written by the screenwriter of the HBO miniseries "John Adams" Kirk Ellis and the game's creative director Ru Weerasuriya (who generally seems as passionate as Neil Druckmann was about making TLoU), and they have a pretty rich backstory that they've created for the game.

It's inspired by Uncharted 2, and seeks to be as good as it was.

Quicktime events are changed apparently, making it so the user has more control over the event itself

A healing item called Black Water is apparently integral to the story

The guns are not typical TPS "shooter" flair, they are in many varieties (not just AR, shotgun, uzi, etc.)

Destruction is very visceral in the game, items destroy in-game as they would realistically (see the pic of the fiery hole in the wall)

Other than that we don't know too much about the game (which IMO is a good thing)

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
No gameplay, no hype

Let us remind ourself how this game looks. :D This is realtime, native res.
I've just noticed Isabeau's claw scars on her neck. D-amn, I can't wait to find out that backstory! I need this game so bad.
The black bars on my plasma set blend right in with the bezel.
I caught the jab, don't worry. ;-)
my panny plasma won't like these black bars :(
Same with my Kuro. Just going to have to limit my gameplay sessions, which I feel is going to be excruciatingly painful with this game. :p

Vooduu

Quote me when its announced 2015.

No gameplay video, not even a teaser. This game will probably be delayed til early 2015.

I don't mind though since it will be polished since you can tell that they're really shooting for something great.

why not... DAT inky black will be just fine. My GT30 loves the ink.

been getting more and more image retention on my tv recently
after I watch a movie with black bars I usually can see clearly where the bars are when it finishes, same for subtitles there is a kind of "smudge" in the two lines used for subtitles

nothing permanent but still pisses me off since it is getting more prominent with time

and don't get me started on Warriors' games HUD lol

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
This is the only time I've ever liked the look of chromatic aberration.

Saying it looks "filmic" kinda sticks in my throat after the abuse of the term recently, but that genuinely, and effectively, seems to be the style Ready at Dawn are going for. Doesn't look gamey at all, though that could all be undone if the animation is poor.

Yow, those are quite nice. Should transition well on a TV at that resolution in any case. Thanks for the screens viveks. The game's coming along nicely, and I think the developers at Ready at Dawn know they need to deliver on their first big blockbuster on the Playstation 4. It's very likely this will be one of the biggest hitters this year. I have a feeling Gears of War and The Last of Us fans will enjoy it.

Freeman

Banned
If your plasma can't handle black bars how do you watch movies?

My Panasonic plasma is already reasonably old, I can't remember the last time I had any retention problems.

Theecliff

Banned
Yow, those are quite nice. Should transition well on a TV at that resolution in any case. Thanks for the screens viveks. The game's coming along nicely, and I think the developers at Ready at Dawn know they need to deliver on their first big blockbuster on the Playstation 4. It's very likely this will be one of the biggest hitters this year. I have a feeling Gears of War and The Last of Us fans will enjoy it.
Very sooe? ;)

Slightly off-topic but why the hell does Neogaf keep going down? Is it on the front page of reddit again or something?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I love sooe.

DieH@rd

Banned

123xh90nqyc5.jpg

Secret message!!!!

Alienous

I'll see something very 'Ooe'.

I don't doubt it.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!

you made me type that out in my url.

Top Bottom