• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Standard goal set #25 (Centuar) complete. Good thing I saved when I did, otherwise those targets being completed in order still wouldn't have happened. And man, that is NOT the kind of table you go a round in before you go to sleep.

joeblow

In case some of you haven't heard, Farsight is upping the ante for their Terminator 2 kickstarter project:

We're now two weeks into our Terminator 2 Kickstarter and together we've raised almost $25,000 towards our goal! Thanks everyone for supporting us!

It looks like we're going to come very close to raising the $59,000 we need for the Terminator 2 licenses, so we've decided to do something we've never done before- open up access to our Beta Tester program to our Kickstarter Backers! We've created a new Reward tier that will make you an official Pinball Arcade Beta Tester with early access to ALL future table packs (not just Terminator 2!) You can help us make these tables better by reporting bugs and suggesting tuning improvements, and you will credited as a Beta Tester in all future table credits. Your input can have a substantial impact on the game!

This is an incredible Reward (and we can only offer a limited number of them), so please consider raising your pledge to help us meet our goal! Together we can get this table made!

The beta access tier starts at $400, and it looks like twelve people signed up for it on day one. Hopefully things continue to improve; I love this table.

Shaneus

Standard goal set #25 (Centuar) complete. Good thing I saved when I did, otherwise those targets being completed in order still wouldn't have happened. And man, that is NOT the kind of table you go a round in before you go to sleep.
Is Centaur available to regular buyers yet? How's it look on PS3?

Table Pack 14 is available to the rest of PSN next week, btw.

You can try to talk to FS about getting credit for what you got already, like I did, but the email I was provided didn't work. I have to dig and see what it really is.
Like I said, I'm stupid...stupid for pinball. Been enjoying Pin*Bot and Centaur. Did you have any luck with getting credit? I'm not fussed about not getting it, but it would be nice as it could go toward other stuff.

I've gotten to Ultimate Challenge on Champion Pub twice so far and failed both times. Doesn't help that when you activate it the camera switches to the launch ball view and I accidentally shoot off all my Smart Punches on Dan Unda. Still, great table.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Like I said, I'm stupid...stupid for pinball. Been enjoying Pin*Bot and Centaur. Did you have any luck with getting credit? I'm not fussed about not getting it, but it would be nice as it could go toward other stuff.
I have yet to hear back from them. If they don't respond by Monday, it's nag time.

Truespeed

So I just bought this on the 360 and I'm having issues with it. The game installs fine and when I launched it initially it installed a 21MB update. It then goes to the main screen and tells me that another update is available. I go to install it and get a 80153003 error.

http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-live/errors/error-code-80153003

I've tried everything to fix it (clearing system cache, content cache, deleting the game and re-downloading it) and nothing seems to resolve it. One peculiar thing about the 80MB update is that the filename contains an obvious spelling error (arcade is misspelled) - not related, but odd nonetheless.

Anyone else experience issues installing this 80MB patch?

So, picked up a Vita and downloaded all of my tables. Are the trophies and goals not shared between the PS3 and Vita (provided I use the same PSN account, of course)? Also was a bit bummed that the UI was identical to the PS3's when it comes to table select and the like -- a lost opportunity to use the Vita's touch capabilities.

joeblow

The two platforms have their own local score boards but your PSN account will post up the one, true high score from whichever platform has it. Also, the UI is touchable on the individual tables themselves.

I can wait until November. I can wait until November. I can wait until November.

I bet the PS4 version doesn't make launch given my luck with this game.

Vyse24

Fillpoint will be in court again tomorrow. "Order to Show Cause why case should not be converted or Dismissed for failure to file a Disclosure Statement and/or Plan of Reorganization"

It just feels like Fillpoint is trolling at this point.

Shaneus

Fillpoint will be in court again tomorrow. "Order to Show Cause why case should not be converted or Dismissed for failure to file a Disclosure Statement and/or Plan of Reorganization"

Ugh, are you fucking serious? I honestly don't know why they're doing this :/

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ok, I'm all packed up. I think I have every pack available for the PS3/PSV.

PIN-BOT! w00t!

Somehow I missed that Cactus one with Central Park, but have it now. Central Park is the one with the groovy 70s drug vibe, right?

Shaneus

Ok, I'm all packed up. I think I have every pack available for the PS3/PSV.

PIN-BOT! w00t!

Somehow I missed that Cactus one with Central Park, but have it now. Central Park is the one with the groovy 70s drug vibe, right?
Centaur/Pin-Bot is up on PS3 now as stand-alone? I think I'll be buying that and... umm... crap, I can't remember the other double pack I wanted. I think it might've been the one with Taxi in it.

jvm

Gamasutra.
First game of Pin*Bot on PSV, got the #108 score on the current scoreboards.

If I can figure out how to easily upload the screenshot I took at the end of the game, I can show you a little bug. My score was like 11 million and the scoreboard local to my PSV now says I have the high score with 9,999,999 points. :p

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

-_-

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
First game of Pin*Bot on PSV, got the #108 score on the current scoreboards.

If I can figure out how to easily upload the screenshot I took at the end of the game, I can show you a little bug. My score was like 11 million and the scoreboard local to my PSV now says I have the high score with 9,999,999 points. :p
Did you get to Jupiter, and if so, any tips?

So I just bought this on the 360 and I'm having issues with it. The game installs fine and when I launched it initially it installed a 21MB update. It then goes to the main screen and tells me that another update is available. I go to install it and get a 80153003 error.

http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-live/errors/error-code-80153003

I've tried everything to fix it (clearing system cache, content cache, deleting the game and re-downloading it) and nothing seems to resolve it. One peculiar thing about the 80MB update is that the filename contains an obvious spelling error (arcade is misspelled) - not related, but odd nonetheless.

Anyone else experience issues installing this 80MB patch?

I just set up Pinball Arcade on another 360, and it only asked to install one patch. But I don't see any way to download the DLC, so all I've got is the 4 initial tables. Pretty lame, since I've already bought the rest of them.

Edit: I was able to pull them out of my download history, but it looks like all the 360 DLC has been removed from the store.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
That's Pinbot.

It's like there's a magnetic attraction to the ball and the left outlane, I swear to God. How this table sold 12,001 copies (I love that number, it's like they had to go over 12K) is a mystery to me.

Semi-OT, but the Pinball FX2 DLC is half off right now on the Steam Summer sale, so if you're waiting for the Steam version of TPA, go grab some Zen Studios creations to bide your time.

Shaneus

It's like there's a magnetic attraction to the ball and the left outlane, I swear to God. How this table sold 12,001 copies (I love that number, it's like they had to go over 12K) is a mystery to me.

Semi-OT, but the Pinball FX2 DLC is half off right now on the Steam Summer sale, so if you're waiting for the Steam version of TPA, go grab some Zen Studios creations to bide your time.
Oh shit, summer sale?

What's PFX2 on PC like? Okay, let me rephrase that... what tables most closely resemble decent real-world (as in, no shitty physics or stuff that can't be replicated IRL) machines?

I picked up the Star Wars tables on Wii U today actually. Played those for a few hours. I'd already got them on the Windows 8 version of Pinball FX 2, but the Wii U pad is such a superior way to play them. Love those buttons, and I also love off screen play as an option.

If I didn't think the Wii U version of TPA was going to take forever to release anything, and if I didn't think that it is going to look at lot worse than the PS4 version, I'd be all over it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Oh shit, summer sale?

What's PFX2 on PC like? Okay, let me rephrase that... what tables most closely resemble decent real-world (as in, no shitty physics or stuff that can't be replicated IRL) machines?

I haven't put much time into it, so I can't say one way or the other.

Oh shit, summer sale?

Excalibur always seemed pretty close to a real world table of all the ones I've put any real time into. Of the less realistic ones, I'm a big fan of Blade (which still leans more towards realistic than most) and Empire Strikes Back (which isn't realistic at all). I'm best at The Clone Wars and Fantastic Four however, but they aren't my favourites. Of the unrealistic ones, Fear Itself has some badass unrealistic features like the infinity gate, and The Infinity Gauntlet has some crazy modes where the table turns upside down, or the physics go into slow motion. stuff like that.

Excalibur though, yeah. That's a pretty good table that's mostly realistic.

Shaneus

Excalibur though, yeah. That's a pretty good table that's mostly realistic.
Is it safe to say that's the one known as Epic Quest? Because that's the only one I could see that comes close.

Don't mind it, has a bit of a Whitewater vibe to it... at least as far as layout goes. Can't speak for rules yet.

Is it safe to say that's the one known as Epic Quest? Because that's the only one I could see that comes close.

Don't mind it, has a bit of a Whitewater vibe to it... at least as far as layout goes. Can't speak for rules yet.
No! Its one of the original Pinball FX tables. Is it not in the Steam version?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
No! Its one of the original Pinball FX tables. Is it not in the Steam version?

Sadly, no, none of the original Pinball FX tables are available, or the Ninja Gaiden, Mars and Street Fighter II tables, and maybe a couple of others.

I hope they become available, though.

Sadly, no, none of the original Pinball FX tables are available, or the Ninja Gaiden, Mars and Street Fighter II tables, and maybe a couple of others.

I hope they become available, though.

very weird. they're in the Wii U version. I didn't even consider they might be missing from the Steam version.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm assuming that there's no way in hell we're getting Revenge from Mars in there. My local FEC has it, but the lights are broken and there's no music, rendering it unplayable.

Shaneus

I'm assuming that there's no way in hell we're getting Revenge from Mars in there. My local FEC has it, but the lights are broken and there's no music, rendering it unplayable.
On one of the KS FAQs (maybe the T2 one?) they mention that they won't be able to do it ever. I guess "ever" is a bit much, but a very, very, VERY long time would be more likely. As in, a good console generation or two. Hell, PC doesn't even emulate them AFAIK (at least, they might emulate the ROM but I'm sure they don't emulate the video).

Edit: Well, there you go. This is something:
Nucore drop-in P2K emulator
(don't get excited, it's only for actual machines... but no reason you couldn't get what that's doing and have it run on a virtual table)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
On one of the KS FAQs (maybe the T2 one?) they mention that they won't be able to do it ever. I guess "ever" is a bit much, but a very, very, VERY long time would be more likely. As in, a good console generation or two. Hell, PC doesn't even emulate them AFAIK (at least, they might emulate the ROM but I'm sure they don't emulate the video).

Edit: Well, there you go. This is something:
Nucore drop-in P2K emulator
(don't get excited, it's only for actual machines... but no reason you couldn't get what that's doing and have it run on a virtual table)

Well, it should be possible to emulate the Nucore hardware and get it to run on the PC or PS4 versions.

Then again, I don't know what I'm talking about. :)

Shaneus

This is super interesting, not related to TPA directly but great fodder for the curious.
Some of you may have stumbled across benheck's efforts when making his own pinball machines here and there... remember the Bill Paxton machine? But I stumbled across this video where he's creating a new table from scratch with a LOT of assistance from John Papadiuk, including a fantastic insight into how tables are designed (from sketching them up, creating a test playfield with paper and polystyrene) and I'm sure other stuff as well (I'm not that far into it yet). I suspect it may be old-ish, but still relevant.

Would love to design one of my own, and it's giving me a few ideas ;)

Shaneus

Any news at all about the 360 tables coming out? I keep buying tables on PS3, but the controls are not right. It's very frustrating! My flippers even start twitching sometimes.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Any news at all about the 360 tables coming out? I keep buying tables on PS3, but the controls are not right. It's very frustrating! My flippers even start twitching sometimes.

Since it literally hurts my sanity coming into this thread at every bump, can I count on Minsc to update the title once the 360 mess gets sorted out?

Top Bottom