• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

Kuran

Banned
So, who here is going all digital? :)

Me. I don't see the point of having all those empty blue plastic shells, or switching cartridges between games. So old fashioned.

Of course I would lose resale value, but I'll just have to decide carefully for what I'd buy.

Kuran

Banned
My exact sentiment. I was curious how many of us can really move on from the traditional means of acquiring our video game collection.

I have boxes on shelves I have not looked at in ages. That's when I decided that digital, along with other factors, was the way for me.

Plus, it means maybe I get one more tree to hug in the nude

I used to have a 900+ collection of games. It came to the point where it was just entire rows of shelves that were gathering dust.. you end up becoming so worried about scratching/damaging your 'valued' games, that you don't even respond to the urge to 'play a bit of Radiant Silvergun'.

I ended up selling around 880 of those. It was a very liberating experience, although in my case I prefer to live light so I can travel easily. I'm sure it's completely different if you own your own house and have a wife and family.

PS. Start by selling some of your most loved, rare games. It's the most painful, but after that you will care less about the 70% of your games that are more common.

FGMPR

Banned
So, who here is going all digital? :)

Me. I went almost all digital on my PSP and considering the situation with the Vita, am more than happy with that decision. I'd be annoyed at myself right now if I hadn't gone that route, and there's nothing to say it won't happen again for a potential 3rd Sony portable (
assuming Sony aren't dead by then... j/k
)

I was interested in all-digital, but as long as the game cards have shorter loading times, I'm not willing to give up that and the ability to resell my games. It's really trivial to transport games that are so small.

KAL2006

Banned
Does Sony own the Demons Soul IP, if so why don't they release Demons Soul 2 for Vita. That could be a huge exclusive they can push. It makes sense to do this as From Software recently released Dark Souls on PS3 so PS3 doesn't need the IP as From Software has the PS3 covered.

Does Sony own the Demons Soul IP, if so why don't they release Demons Soul 2 for Vita. That could be a huge exclusive they can push. It makes sense to do this as From Software recently released Dark Souls on PS3 so PS3 doesn't need the IP as From Software has the PS3 covered.

But who will develop it? Without From Software, it'll be like the non-ND Crash Bandicoots - sad shells of the IP's former glory.

darkwing

SCEJ is just useless this gen

Averon

I'm amazed that Sony could just let SCEJ sink into the state it's in when they are all about building 1st party IP. I know it's all about western style games nowadays, which would explain the massive expansion and investment of SCEA and SCEE, but letting one third of you development house sink doesn't seem wise at all.

test_account

XP-39C²
The Vita is just a few months old, so it can be a bit early to announce something like this.

matmanx1

Useless is too harsh. Mismanaged and undermanned perhaps would be closer to the truth. They did assist with the original Demon's Souls and I believe they are at least partly responsible for Phyre Engine which has helped alot of Japanese devs who were struggling with the generational leap so I will give credit where credit is due.

Shuhei Yoshida recently affirmed that Sony still has a good relationship with From Software (it was in the Game Informer article where he talked about Demon's Souls) and that Sony still owns the IP for Demon's Souls. I don't know if it's likely that we will ever see another Demon's Souls game but I wouldn't count it out either.

Chittagong

Gold Member

The thought of a Dark Souls on Vita is my biggest secret boner. I loved my first hours of it on 360, but because of the nature of the game, the best environment to practice infinite patience is on board an aircraft rather than at home where I have a hundred other things to do when I get frustrated. Love/hate, I know.

Eusis

And yet golden abyss turned out just fine?
While it's not guaranteed an outside developer will botch it, I do think Demon's Souls comes off as one of those more unique, harder to imitate games. A somewhat cinematic shooter about exploring ruins and shooting some people seems easier to handle than a carefully balanced dungeon crawler designed in such a way to be engaging/rewarding to explore and hard to get lost in despite the lack of proper maps.

And yet golden abyss turned out just fine?
Demon's Souls is not a series of cliches you can simply check boxes for. Even Gameloft could make a competent Uncharted if they wanted to.

The way I see it is this - if you can't get From to develop it, then you're better off letting that heretofore under-utilized SCEJ team work on a new IP rather than trying to recreate someone else's magic. More Gravity Dazes, fewer second-rate spinoffs = a chance for the system to find its own identity.

How so? I haven't seen a release list for this year and have seen people say it's kind of sparse.

I do think E3 will be mostly focused on Vita so that will be a good thing.

for people like me who have no problem with enhanched port or hd remake, vita lineup is nuts.

I know I want ZoE, MGS and FF X Vita port, Persona 4 Golden is also a must buy for me. and there's a lot of interesting downloadable games like Motorstorm RC, and Escape Plan and Sound Shapes and I'm also really hyped for Gravity Daze.

if some of the jrpg like Zero no Kiseki, Tales of Innocence, Lord of Apocalypse or Raganarok get localized, yeah more stuff I'm interested. this is before E3 announcement.

Ran rp

Little King's Story will be released on March 29th in Japan. A European release has also been confirmed.
Siliconera said:
While Marvelous AQL is developing the game, New Little King’s Story is funded and produced by Konami. The game came to be due to a licensing deal. New Little King’s Story is slated for release on March 29 in Japan. Konami announced they will bring the game to Europe too, but have not set a release date.
Siliconera

Shai-Tan

Banned
Demon's Souls is not a series of cliches you can simply check boxes for. Even Gameloft could make a competent Uncharted if they wanted to.

but they did relase an uncharted clone and it's so bad :(

anyhow the justaposition there made me think it would be cool to see what naughty dog could do with demon's souls

Top Bottom