• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

jkh13

Neo Member
Gravity Daze is coming out in Hong Kong tomorrow as well, Play Asia said they are expecting stock on Thursday. It's confirmed that it has Chinese subs but might have English subs as well (the demo was only in English on the HK PSN). A Sony rep said it only has Chinese but they are quite unreliable, most of the time they don't know much about their own products so PA are going to test it themselves when they get stock and confirm whether it has English or not.

Takao

Banned
Isn't the disc version of toro game available in the west as well? One of my US psn friends have the trophies of that game. I don't think he imported his copy.

No Toro game has ever been released in the west. In fact, often times SCEA asks for his cameo appearances in third party games to be removed.

Kuran

Banned
No Toro game has ever been released in the west. In fact, often times SCEA asks for his cameo appearances in third party games to be removed.

I think it would be good for SCEE and SCEA to use Toro as a mascot, although many of his traits might not be easy to translate to western audiences.

I haven't found anyone who didn't think he was cute and likeable, though. They need something charming to identify with after Crash Bandicoot started whoring himself out.

Gacha-pin

If so, SCEA didn't release Toro costume released for LBP?

I think it would be good for SCEE and SCEA to use Toro as a mascot, although many of his traits might not be easy to translate to western audiences.

I haven't found anyone who didn't think he was cute and likeable, though. They need something charming to identify with after Crash Bandicoot started whoring himself out.

Sackboy? I think Sony should use Sackboy or Toro as a navigator on the vita startup screen instead of that terrible intro movie.

Gustav

Banned
I just realized I really, really, really want Shenmue I and II for Vita. Would love to play them in bed before going to sleep!

Hyuga

Banned

Sackboy <3

Zoe

Isn't the disc version of toro game available in the west as well? One of my US psn friends have the trophies of that game. I don't think he imported his copy.

Are you talking about Mainichi Issho? As far as I'm aware, the only disc game for the PS3 is the one with the mini games from there, but it didn't have trophies.

You'd think with the popularity of cat memes, Sony would have seen it as a golden opportunity...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Are you talking about Mainichi Issho? As far as I'm aware, the only disc game for the PS3 is the one with the mini games from there, but it didn't have trophies.

You'd think with the popularity of cat memes, Sony would have seen it as a golden opportunity...

It does have trophies.
Asian version is in English to boot.

I haven't looked in detail, but is the Toro Vita JP downloadable game...Mainichi Issho Vita? As in we can finally obtain Mainichi Issho's trophies again (in mind that it'd be the same list)?
It's probably a new entry like Toro News Station is though...

Wishful thinking. It's among one of the only games on my trophy list that I can never complete, because they took it offline November 2009 (technically May 2010, but post-Nov 2009 there were only 10 news stories up, you needed 120 for 100% trophies).

I...I saw the announcement warning that they were taking it down too. I don't remember why I didn't get on it ASAP. I'm such a moron.

Benedict

Will DLC for Hot Shots Golf Invitational be locked to the US PSN store or will EU PSN store work also?
Thinking about it since they change the name to Everybodys Golf in EU.

Eusis

Will DLC for Hot Shots Golf Invitational be locked to the US PSN store or will EU PSN store work also?
Thinking about it since they change the name to Everybodys Golf in EU.
Technically they reverted it, though if they went all the way there it'd be Everybody's Golf 6.

.. Anyways, I'd anticipate the worst there. How many cases have there been of DLC working with a foreign copy of the game anyway on the PSN?

So with the likes of MGS2 and 3 and FFX coming to the system (presumably at higher resolution than the PS2 versions), I'm wondering how much potential there is is for last-gen emulation on this thing. I guess it's not a particularly good gauge, as these aren't being emulated so there's a lot more grunt to play with... but still... this thing clearly has some ooomph.

Do you reckon we'll ever see somthing like Dolphin (GameCube emulator) running on this?

So with the likes of MGS2 and 3 and FFX coming to the system (presumably at higher resolution than the PS2 versions), I'm wondering how much potential there is is for last-gen emulation on this thing. I guess it's not a particularly good gauge, as these aren't being emulated so there's a lot more grunt to play with... but still... this thing clearly has some ooomph.

Do you reckon we'll ever see somthing like Dolphin (GameCube emulator) running on this?

Not a chance in hell.

If someone did port Dolphin or PCSX2 to Vita, it would probably run about as well as the PSP port of NullDC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix9huu4k5Qo&feature=related

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Getting pretty hacked off with the lack of information on when Gravity Rush is releasing in the EU. Its okay Sony, this is only the most hotly anticipated first party game for your new fucking hardware launch. No need to get your stories straight or be forthcoming with goddam info.

Number45

im in the same boat =(

i have the starter kit pre order but i love the vip case.

I can't convince myself that the VIP case is as good as the cases that offer storage for carts. I had thought of using a velvety bag for games/headphones, but don't really like the idea of anything rolling about in there against the Vita screen no matter how soft it might be.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

I don't think it could handle more powerful emulators at all. That said, I could definitely do a much better job with older systems. Even the SNES emulators for PSP weren't that hot while the Vita could definitely handle them well. I'd say N64 and possibly even Dreamcast might be possible. Who knows, but I hope people are able to open up the system enough to try.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
2012 for the Vita is looks nuts.

How so? I haven't seen a release list for this year and have seen people say it's kind of sparse.

I do think E3 will be mostly focused on Vita so that will be a good thing.

Top Bottom