• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would kill for that army of darkness lp.

Also surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but James Jean has a gorgeous print coming out this weekend:
On my phone and rushing to work, if someone could post the image I'd appreciate it.
http://store.jamesjean.com/products/pescados
“Pescados” is a signed and numbered time-limited edition of giclée prints with gold and copper foil stamped embellishments and an original embossed chop. It will be made available for 48 hours starting at 12:01 AM PDT on Saturday, August 8th and ending at 11:59 PM on Sunday, August the 9th. The edition will be limited by the number of prints sold during those 48 hours and never re-printed.

Image size: 8 ⅜″ tall × 6 ¼″ wide
Paper size: 11 ⅜″ tall × 7 ¼″ wide
Printed on archival 310 g/m² 100% cotton-rag paper with archival pigment-based ink
Embossed chop
Gold and copper foil stamping
Signed and numbered by James Jean
Released August 8th, 2015
Price: $100

IronRinn

Whew, thankfully we didn't do 64 posts while I was gone. Posting from mobile would have been a pain in the ass!

Stuff that came into my inbox earlier in the week but, again, mobile:

Today, Friday 8/7 on UTBNYC at 12pm ET: Jerkface stuff:

1a21576c-5caf-4b5d-bb4a-07fb08e3b548.jpg

Homerbob 18" x 18" screenprint. Signed and numbered edition of 50, $100.00.

TMNK 18" x 18" screenprint. Signed and numbered edition of 50, $100.00.

You can also get a matching numbers set for $190.00

Meanwhile, over on Arcadium at the same time:

c85b3036-0cbf-4376-9d14-7154fb6547a0.jpg

Superman | 4D by Lie 11" x 14" giclee print. Signed and numbered edition of 45, $40.00.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I would kill for that army of darkness lp.

Also surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but James Jean has a gorgeous print coming out this weekend:
Image size: 8 ⅜″ tall × 6 ¼″ wide
Paper size: 11 ⅜″ tall × 7 ¼″ wide
Printed on archival 310 g/m² 100% cotton-rag paper with archival pigment-based ink
Embossed chop
Gold and copper foil stamping
Signed and numbered by James Jean
Released August 8th, 2015
Price: $100
Definitely going more towards the direction of James Jean art that I love with this print. I just wish it was 75 bones instead of a hundred, considering how small the image is.
DSC_5946-Edit.jpg

Meier

I'll be a bit sad that we aren't in the same thread as when I first started buying posters. My Totoro posts on the first page were so naive! Still amazed/thrilled I got one without having ever bought a poster online before it.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Some more details on the timed editions....

On sale Tuesday August 11th to Thursday, August 18th at Mondo:

Max Rockatansky & Immortan Joe
Artist: Mike Mitchell
Size: 12″x16″
Price: $55 / $100 for the set

Mad Max: Fury Road
Artist: Ken Taylor
Size: 36″x24″
Price: $55

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Probably the first of the their timed editions I'm not going to bite on.

I already ordered the Scott C. I think that's enough Fury Road for me.

IronRinn

I think Mad Max was heavily overrated, and yet I still want all of those prints.

Always got to be different.

That Ken Taylor piece is everything I could ever want. Is that part of the timed prints or will that be limited?

All three prints are timed.

In other news, since we have picked up a bit and it looks like the new thread will go up soon-ish, I ask that when it does go up, if you guys could give me a few minutes to reserve the first two post I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to include a link resource to artist's personal stores and some other stuff. Thanks!

Sushigod7

I'm still debating Scott C Mad Max that is about all I would buy from the movie. It was good but agreed severely overhyped by poster groups and critics.

Risible

DAMMIT KEN TAYLOR WHY YOU GOT TO BE SO GOOD?!

I don't have the money and would probably never hang it but it calls to me :(.

kaskade

My last of us vinyl said Tuesday when the shipping confirmation was created but it just got to my local post office and says today now. I'm so pumped. It's gonna be beautiful.

My last of us vinyl said Tuesday when the shipping confirmation was created but it just got to my local post office and says today now. I'm so pumped. It's gonna be beautiful.

Pictures please! I decided to pass on it because I never really listen to game soundtracks but I know I'm totally going to be jealous when I start seeing them all over the Internet.

IronRinn

Thread will go up tomorrow morning. I will post it here when it does. If we could keep this thread from going over the limit before then, I would appreciate it. :)

Trasher

Learned a lot since I first started browsing this thread. Here's hoping I spend far less money during the duration of the next one!

IronRinn

All right ladies and gents, a new day has dawned, and so does a new OT. Here it is. Please pardon the dust, it's still under construction so to speak. Any suggestions, comments, and criticisms are welcome. I'm treating it the way MB treated the first OP, so it will no doubt change over the course of the thread's lifespan. I was going to work on the artist list this weekend, but instead I decided to majorly fuck up my computer. So that was fun. Anyway, hopefully it meets with your approval. I'll be contacting a mod to close the doors on this thread shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom