• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

SalvaPot

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-Laughing-to-Serious.gif

My challenge to the Mafia still stands, just in case they forgot about it.

It is a possibility, although as I said I believe you want to work for town's benefit and letting you live at least one more day is going to help us keep scum on its toes.

Do you have to steal a number of items to win, or you just have to survive? Just surviving seems necessarily cruel.

Kyanrute

As frustrating as its been to explain this situation to him I don't know if I would believe he is scum. Let me think on it.

I do find it interesting that shortly after I float the idea of Kark possibly being Scum in the Mason chat, Splinter then comes in suggesting he will go for Kark and we should maybe lynch him. If Kyan does end up being Scum I would suggest looking at Splinter as well.

The interesting part about this is that this works the other way around too. The common thing though?

Splinter.

*Splinter

I've been avoiding Kark because I didn't want a repeat of last time we played. I've fucked up though, I'm sorry

UNVOTE

I don't know what we should do

El Topo

Thanks for the vote count, Sophia.

Just to clarify, I am for Magnum lynch. I just wanted to show an issue with the number argument. But laying out the other problems with Magnum, well, it certainly does not hurt.

I'm not saying a Magnum lynch is a must, I just don't like the idea that we let a claimed neutral (that lied) run around that might steal our items. I don't think that has ever worked out in a mafia game. We should have lynched him yesterday, really.

El Topo

Let's take a simple example. Magnum steals a cop item. Do you think he would use it in an honest way, which would arguably cause mafia to kill him, or do you think he would lie to us and try to survive a few more days?

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Thanks for the vote count, Sophia.

I'm not saying a Magnum lynch is a must, I just don't like the idea that we let a claimed neutral (that lied) run around that might steal our items. I don't think that has ever worked out in a mafia game. We should have lynched him yesterday, really.
You know. I'm sick and tired of this "that lied" crap. Karl lied about having an override and nobody came pushing against him, because he claims to be "town". But have a neutral that slowly feeds you guys the truth, and "oh, he lied! We should kill him! That's what's good for town!!!!" Seriously, this is making the game not fun at all for me.

Let's take a simple example. Magnum steals a cop item. Do you think he would use it in an honest way, which would arguably cause mafia to kill him, or do you think he would lie to us and try to survive a few more days?

Hard to know exactly. If I was in his position I would help the majority while helping myself. Plenty of us lied throughout the game, his lie at least makes a bit of sense. Kyan and Sawneeks not so much.

Sophia

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm still not feeling the Kark lynch.

I don't think Scum would get that upset for a push that wasn't gaining much traction and then just simply leave.

El Topo

The Kark lynch seems like a ploy to achieve a tie. Scum is playing us, because we let them. This is giving me Batman mafia flashbacks.

Sawneeks

Banned
Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

Kark doesn't strike me as Scum.

SalvaPot, even since subbing in for Dragonz, hasn't hit me as particularly Scummy either. Not only that but if Dragonz 'slip' on Day 1 was real then either CornBro or CM is Scum and while I have my definite suspicions on CM, Kalor is the stronger read for me of those two and I don't believe they are both Scum. Corn I believe is Town.

I would be more than willing to vote out Splinter though. It's a gut feeling.

El Topo

Splinter is the only reason why I'd lynch WAMD, given that D1 slip ups are nothing (imo). If she flipped town, I'd say Splinter is mafia.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
You know what, screw it! At this point town deserves to lose, and I don't want to play anymore.

vote:MagnumBoy20xx

GG mafia, be sure to kill OA tonight to secure victory

El Topo

What do you think of Salva ( as opposed to Dragonz ) ? Has he been scummy to you at all?

I don't care about that right now. As Dusk pointed out, this stupid discussion (WAMD vs. Splinter) is eating our time and now it might lead to a tie. Magnum today, tomorrow we can decide on who to lynch.

Sophia

Trying to get a vote count, but the vote tool is messing up. If I can, I'll post it.

EDIT: Here we go

salvapot (4)
kalor 803
*splinter 862 (1027)
nin1000 867 (898)
melonrabbit 878 (1037)
christina mackenzie 972
cornburrito 1012
starsketch 1062 (1064)
magnumboy20xx 1069 (1072)
melonrabbit 1076

nin1000 (0)
stanleypalmtree 840 (884)

kalor (0)
sawneeks 845 (918)

magnumboy20xx (5)
kyanrute 932
el topo 945
christina mackenzie 970 (972)
ynnek7 1017
*splinter 1027 (1056)
sawneeks 1068
magnumboy20xx 1072

sawneeks (3)
karkador 946
stanleypalmtree 979
starsketch 1018 (1020)
oceanicair 1040

karkador (1)
salvapot 996
starsketch 1020 (1062)
magnumboy20xx 1049 (1069)

*splinter (0)
melonrabbit 1053 (1076)

Kalor

I don't care about that right now. As Dusk pointed out, this stupid discussion (WAMD vs. Splinter) is eating our time and now it might lead to a tie. Magnum today, tomorrow we can decide on who to lynch.

It's eating into our time so we should deal with it today. It should have been resolved yesterday.

Don't fucking do this vote kark instead.

Kark has one vote right now.

Sawneeks

Banned

Topopo I've been feeling iffy on you and this doesn't help at all.

So just vote out Salva to shut Splinter up? Not to find Scum??

what

-sigh-

Magnum is certainly a safe vote, but we're basically making Oceanic an easy target.

Honestly, I'm not feeling ANYONE anymore.

Ugh....

fuck it.

Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

Sophia

Final Vote Count:

salvapot (4)
kalor 803
*splinter 862 (1027)
nin1000 867 (898)
melonrabbit 878 (1037)
christina mackenzie 972
cornburrito 1012
starsketch 1062 (1064)
magnumboy20xx 1069 (1072)
melonrabbit 1076

nin1000 (0)
stanleypalmtree 840 (884)

kalor (0)
sawneeks 845 (918)

magnumboy20xx (6)
kyanrute 932
el topo 945
christina mackenzie 970 (972)
ynnek7 1017
*splinter 1027 (1056)
sawneeks 1068
magnumboy20xx 1072
starsketch 1079

sawneeks (3)
karkador 946
stanleypalmtree 979
starsketch 1018 (1020)
oceanicair 1040

karkador (1)
salvapot 996
starsketch 1020 (1062)
magnumboy20xx 1049 (1069)

*splinter (0)
melonrabbit 1053 (1076)

Sophia

This lovely flavor brought to you by Lone_Prodigy.

It was another fine day in GAFia.
"Now we return to The Price is Right Mafia.
Please sit back and savour
This unconventional flavour
And hope that you all have a laugh-ia."

The players debated from dawn until Dusk.
Some were passionate and some were more brusque.
After all that transpired
It was a trial by fire
They chose Magnum to burn to a husk.

"Wait, we're not savages" cried cabot.
"We can perform another more civilized habit.
Invoke our post-9/11 laws
Throw him out without cause
Or, hic, beat him over the head with a sabot."

The players scoffed at him. "That man's insane.
Send him back to Scotland on a plane."
They turned back to their task
"Magnum, it's you we'll unmask"
Then they noticed that he had no name.

Security came and dragged him away.
But Magnum had one more thing to say.
"Don't feel remorse
That Sophia had to outsource
It's just flavour at the end of the day."

Tonight's bidding phase will have two items available. Please check your PMs promptly to ensure that we finish before the timer ends. Thanks!

MagnumBoy20xx, the Item Thief, has been removed from the building.

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

MagnumBoy20xx come on down!!!

You're not actually here to play The Price is Right. In fact, you don't even have a name tag... no, you're here to mug the winners and make off with their prizes.

You are the item thief. You are aligned with only yourself.

You will not end up on Contestant's Row during any night phase, but you have the power to steal an item from another player. You may PM the moderator once per night phase with the command Steal: <player>. If the target posses an item, you will successfully steal it and obtain whatever powers it confers.

You may make an attempt to steal during the initial night phase.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

You win automatically upon successfully stealing two items. If you have successfully stolen one item, you may also win by surviving until the end. If you have failed to steal one item when the game ends, you will lose automatically.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAREEY~!!!!

MagnumBoy20xx had no items in his possession.

Back up on stage, Drew continues to ignore the absurdity of the events below, as Magnum was dragged away. He turned to the camera and said "How about another item, George?"

To the side, George Grey announced the next item with his usual fanfare

"Suuuure, Drew! Here we have a brand new Stainless Steel kitchen appliance set from Frigidaire!

When you're ready to cook, cook yourself a brand new meal on this brand new gas stove! Don't just use any tools for the job, prepare your foods with this stainless steel kitchen utensil set! And when you're done, save the extras in this side by side door stainless steel refrigerator with anti-spill protection! Lastly, wash your dishes off in this 24" built in dishwasher!"

Night 3's bidding phase will end in:

red_1472245200.png

Night 3 will end in:

gre_1472331600.png

Sophia

The first item has been won, and the PMs for the second bid are out. Please check your PMs again.

EDIT: The second item has been won. The bidding phase has concluded.

EDIT: Night actions are now locked.

Sophia

"Actual retail price for the Kitchen appliance set is.... $2799!"

"And the actual retail price for the smartphone is... $889!"

The crowd bursted out in applause as the winners went up to recieve their prize. Ynnek began walking away with his kitchen appliances when suddenly out of nowhere a tomato went flying up and hit him in the face. The crowd's reaction went silent, as the audience turned around and looked at who threw the tomato up.

It was *Splinter. He had thrown the tomato intended for Drew Carey. He had missed, and hit the contestant instead.

And Ynnek was now seeing red in more ways than one.

Without warning Ynnek grabbed a frying pan from his kitchen appliance set, and swung it down at Splinter's head. Splinter narrowly dodged it, only to attempt to throw a punch at Ynnek. His fist barely connected with Ynnek, who went flying back.

"You... you're one of those Drew Carey harassers!" yelled Ynnek, regaining his footing and avoiding falling over from the punch.

Splinter grinned, 'You're goddamn right. How about we go out back and settle this?"

And just like that, Splinter and Ynnek began marching back to the exit, eyes glued on each other as they walked back. Before long, the two men were completely out of sight....

... and they never returned to the studio audience.

Drew Carey looked over in disbelief, as the audience began whispering to itself.

"What the heck was that about...?" he mused.

Before long, the show had continued on.

Ynnek7, the town Vigilante, has left the building!

Here it comes!!!!

Ynnek7 come on down!!!

You are an ordinary contestant on The Price Is Right.

This means you are aligned with the Town.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

You win when anyone else who might disrupt the show has been removed from the building.

Ynnek7 had the following items in his possession

Congratulations, you have won a kitchen appliance set! This item confers upon you the power of a 1-Shot Vigilante

Once per game, during any night phase, you may remove another player from the game by sending the command Bonk: <player> to the moderator in PM. You will proceed to bonk them on the head with the frying pan, allowing you to throw them out of the studio.

You may use this item as soon as you receive this message.

*Splinter, the Bob Barker loving scum, has left the building!

Here it comes!!!!

*Splinter come on down!!!

You're a part of the rowdy crowd, the people who didn't like it when Bob Barker stopped hosting and Drew Carry took over! You want your original host back, and you're going to let it be known!

This means you are a part of the Mafia

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

Once per night phase, your team may toss a member of the ordinary contestants out on the street using the command Kill: <Player>

Your teammates are: <CENSORED BY THE BOB BARKER APPERCIATION SOCIETY CLUBHOUSE>

Your team's factional chat is here: <CENSORED BY THE BOB BARKER APPERCIATION SOCIETY CLUBHOUSE>

You win when your team makes up at least half of the player list at the start of a day phase.

*Splinter had no items in his possession.

Day 4 begins

7 is Majority

blu_1472590800.png

Well shot ynnek!

But this has me wondering, how the heck did the mafia know to kill him? The same night he gets a vigilante role, he dies? Bit fishy to me. Also, it confirms that going to contestant's row is random since he was bidding for the Laptop with me on N1 and he won the kitchen appliance on N3. It also confirms that scum doesn't necessarily have to have a power role.

Re: the Salva topic - I've got a pretty good feeling he's town now with that flip, among other things.

Well shot ynnek!

But this has me wondering, how the heck did the mafia know to kill him? The same night he gets a vigilante role, he dies? Bit fishy to me. Also, it confirms that going to contestant's row is random since he was bidding for the Laptop with me on N1 and he won the kitchen appliance on N3. It also confirms that scum doesn't necessarily have to have a power role.

I want to accuse you, because a Scum Role Cop would be able to scan for who got what item, but I'm uncertain of the item usage mechanics. For all I know, you didn't get your results until night actions were locked in or something.

You're also, you know, still here after a chunk of the thread was like "We kill magnum and Oceanic is left wide open."

Kalor

That was a good shot. Though now it begs the question why he did certain things. Was he trying to get a town Dragonz/Salva lynched or bus a teammate to gain credibility.

I think Ynnek might have just been a kill that wouldn't give much information to town. I doubt they were investigated after winning the item.

SalvaPot

That was a good shot. Though now it begs the question why he did certain things. Was he trying to get a town Dragonz/Salva lynched or bus a teammate to gain credibility.

I think Ynnek might have just been a kill that wouldn't give much information to town. I doubt they were investigated after winning the item.

Oh yes, that was such a great plan he decided to go hard for his scummate three days in a row, yep, that is exactly splinter's plan.

Top Bottom