• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

This is our current roster:

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
3. [m] Karkador
4. [m] nin1000
5. [f] Sawneeks
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
9. [m] Kalor
10. [f] StarSketch
13. [-] Christina Mackenzie
14. [-] SalvaPot
17. [f] melonrabbit
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

Kalor

That you may have more info on the makeup of the scum team? Because assuming that we have 5 scum is kinda strange.

I was looking at the player list and realized that I had the number of players wrong. I thought that we had 11 players remaining so I said two days based of that. At the most we have 4 scum, maybe 3.

Karkador

Banned
Karkador takes the TV remote and flips channels during a commercial break

LIVE from the Blargonaut Day-One Gambit Studio,

THISSS ISSSSSSSSSS

JEOPARDY!

*familiar theme tune plays*

I'm your host, Karkador Trebek.

Here's our first category:

*boop*

WbBsrbI.jpg

Karkador said:
Hi, Karkador, great to be here,

I'll take Scumtells for $100

nin1000

Banned
May I direct attention to nin, his absence and his virtually nonexistant voting record?

You may.

I am very sorry for not really being in the game, i promise to improve.

First thing explaining my "non-existant" voting record.

First Day : i wanted to save blarg By voting WAMD. Thought he was more of a lynch target than Blarg.

Second Day : missed the Day end. This almost happened Day 1 but well this time i could not make it in time. ( Vote would have been on no one though since i was unsure on wether to lynch Dusk or WAMD )

Third Day : Would have gone for Salvapot, since that whole WAMD Vs someone else was annoying and i wanted to have conclusion on that part.

i will be around in the coming hours to say something and make more of an impact.

Karkador

Banned
Contestant said:
Easy, Who is OceanicAir?

Correct! I should also note, for the viewers watching at home, that OceanicAir's voting tactics every day have been largely inconsequential and, shall we say, "stayed out of the way".

I'm sorry, what was I saying?

Player, choose a category

Contestant said:
Big money, no whammies, baby, we'll stay with Scumtells for $400

Here's your next clue:

nin1000

Banned
Some things that bother me on top of my head :

• both masons are Town can of course be true but i doubt it.
  • Claimed Cop still being alive is one hell of a thing to happen. Can be of course one smart move of Mafia to make in order to throw shade at the cop.

Karkador

Banned
Contestant said:
What is, Scum Splinter's apparent strategy as he played this game, such as in post #676, where he assures everyone Karkador is "a Strong-ish Town read", while also giving scum-likely Sawneeks and melonrabbit just enough of a compensating "suspicion" to keep appearances?

That is correct!

Sawneeks

Banned
goodness, now I know how Corn feels.

did nobody read those big multi-Day posts that I made?

and topo why do you keep ignoring me

Karkador

Banned
Contestant said:
Uhh......What is....town lynch train?

A buzzer buzzes most buzzingly

I'm sorry, the correct answer was "What will Mafia do after they win an item on N2 and realize they have to protect it by booting the claimed Item Thief?"

We would have also accepted "What is Splinter's change of heart about MagnumBoy after his claim"

Sawneeks

Banned
I did sawneeks, don't worry

Thank you Nin.

What are your thoughts on it if I may ask?

I'm sorry, the correct answer was "What will Mafia do after they win an item on N2 and realize they have to protect it by booting the claimed Item Thief?"

We would have also accepted "What is Splinter's change of heart about MagnumBoy after his claim"

Hmm.

Do you have any evidence that OA could be Scum other than your theory? I would look myself but I'm in classes all day plus work.

Bonus question: OA why did you investigate Kark? No one believed he was suspicious the Day before you looked at him.

Mainly due to him repeating the fact that you and Dusk had some Mason connection. So I wanted to check if he had anything else to hide or that you two were connected. This along with the gambit at the beginning of the game and my main focus in wanting to investigate people that really weren't in immediate danger of being lynched who I consider to always be dangerous in this game.

Sawneeks

Banned
This is our current roster:

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
3. [m] Karkador
4. [m] nin1000
5. [f] Sawneeks
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
9. [m] Kalor
10. [f] StarSketch
13. [-] Christina Mackenzie
14. [-] SalvaPot
17. [f] melonrabbit
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

We have this many people left and we just flipped our first Scum, how come it's so quiet??

Speak your mind, folks. Or I'm going to start picking you guys out individually to speak in front of the class.

Scum win when discussion stalls.

Mainly due to him repeating the fact that you and Dusk had some Mason connection. So I wanted to check if he had anything else to hide or that you two were connected. This along with the gambit at the beginning of the game and my main focus in wanting to investigate people that really weren't in immediate danger of being lynched who I consider to always be dangerous in this game.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

I was looking at the player list and realized that I had the number of players wrong. I thought that we had 11 players remaining so I said two days based of that. At the most we have 4 scum, maybe 3.

Kalor, what is your read on Sawneeks? She strongly believes you are scum.

Also you vote for Blarg on Day 1, WhereAreMahDragons/SalvaPot on Day 2 and Day 3. Do you still think SalvaPot is scum?

Sawneeks

Banned
Since some of you did not want to participate in the Quiz for today you have automatically failed the test.

But I am a kind and generous Professor, plus if you read my syllabus you will know that I give out Extra Credit.

Personalized Extra Credit to be exact! One that is tailored with a question specifically for you!

They are not hard questions. I don't require you to know dates and the mathematical formulas are already provided here. Quick and painless, right?

So if you don't want poor grades going in to the Mid Term I highly suggest giving the Extra Credit a go. Even if you did take the Quiz I still suggest giving it a shot! Remember, a quiet Town only helps Scum!

Professor Sawneeks 'Mafia 101' Class
Extra Credit

[m] StanleyPalmtree: You currently have your vote placed one me due to a gut read but was there anything specific that made you lean that way? Why me over Kyan? What about your thoughts of a Kalor lynch? Also, any response you want to give since I called you out as Scum on the previous page?

[m] Karkador: You haven't directly stated that you want to, but I'm assuming you still want to lynch me today? Was there any questions you wanted to ask before you send me to the gallows? Additionally, what did Splinter's flip do to influence your reads on people?

[m] nin1000: What are your thoughts on the other 'inactives' in the game so far, think we have any Scum hiding there? You also said earlier you didn't believe that both Kyan and I could be Town. Out of the two of us, which do you believe is likely to end up being Scum and why?

[m] OceanicAir: On the previous day phase you seemed pretty keen to get me lynch, yet today you are going after Kalor. Do you still believe I am Scum? What made you switch targets? What do you think of Kark asking for the owner of the BBQ to claim?

[m] Kyanrute: We may be Xbox BFFs but don't think I will grade your test on a curve just because of that. You mentioned in the chat what you would do in this game if you were Scum and recommended you would play more conservitively. Given that the target of the Night was Ynnek and not OA, who do you think fits that Scum profile of play? Do you believe we might have Scum in the inactives? If it came down to it, do you think I am Scum?

[m] Kalor: CM actually stole the question I was aiming to ask you so I will ask a different one. Your Top 3 Town and Top 3 Scum please.

[f] StarSketch: You switched around your vote a lot during the end of the last Day phase. What made you jump around? Similarly, you also had your vote on me at one point on Day 3. Do you still think I'm Scum? What about Kyan? Melon?

[-] Christina Mackenzie: Thoughts on Kark, Kalor, and Star? Do you think Kyan and/or I are Scum? If so, why?

[-] SalvaPot : You subbed in for Dragonz, someone who already had a lot of suspicion on them even before you arrived. You got to see all the votes thrown at Dragonz and you felt that Splinter was Scum. Was there anyone else that stuck out to you from that whole lynch train? What about those who accuse you of being Scum and Splinter bussing you?

[f] melonrabbit: If you had to choose between who to lynch, would you lynch Kyan or Topo? Thoughts on Nin and Star? Say you were placed in my position and given a Mason chat with someone you weren't sure if you could trust them or not. What would you do?

[m] CornBurrito: You also have your vote placed on me, yet you never gave a reason as to why. Were there any questions you wanted to ask or have you already sentenced me to die? Thoughts on Topo and Kark and their weird behavior?

[m] El Topo: Why the question dodging? At this point it almost seems like you are intentionally dodging questions thrown your way. You hiding something or are you just playing hard to get? Could you please answer the question I asked Here.

Please leave your answers at the door, they are due before the Day Phase ends.

If I am unable to return and grade the Extra Credit before Day End there will hopefully be a Substitute Teacher who will come in and finish my work. Hopefully. I actually don't have a substitute planned to come in, i'm just hoping someone picks up the mantle and runs with it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kyanrute

Kyan, activating...

Kark, I imagine you have a better way of proving that scum won the BBQ set than flipping me and Sawneeks and hoping that it turns out you were right? Perhaps you could share the train of thought with us all.

nin1000

Banned
Kyan, activating...

Kark, I imagine you have a better way of proving that scum won the BBQ set than flipping me and Sawneeks and hoping that it turns out you were right? Perhaps you could share the train of thought with us all.

Kyanrute, did you never take into consideration that your Mason buddy could be mafia? Of course I share the sentiment that just lynching and hoping for the best is rather dull. But you have to agree that the possibility could be there.

This same question could of course be directed towards sawneeks.

Kyanrute

To professor Sawneeks:

Greetings,

the lynch of the previous night does fit the line of though I proposed in the mason chat, but it is impossible for me to say if the thoughts of the scum team line with those of my own. It can theorized, for an example, that scum team were looking for additional item carriers. The fact that they found one though, is just a coincidence I believe. In addition, it still is possible that no ordinary roles exist in the game and the roles are instead given out via the prize minigame. Should this be the case, a role cop is a paper tiger at best - all it could do is to reveal the prizes. Had the role cop hit Splinter, the result should've read "ordinary". If scum are not afraid of the role cop this suggests a few possible scenarios:

1) scum have no items to protect - they have won no items at all
2) scum have items but they consider that getting caught with them does not look bad for them
3) the role cop is scum

I imagine that other various scenarios are possible as well.

Out of all the players with us, I have only had the chance of being in the same scum team with dragonz before. I can't say I have read the past games in which I have not participated in and thus I have no idea how others play their scum games. I'd rank my scum play as more conservative than hers. In addition, there are various things in this game that suggest that she and her replacement SalvaPot are town.

Whether there is scum in the inactives depends on how you determine an inactive. Do I consider it possible that some scummies are hiding in the no vote camp? Yes. Do I consider it possible that some scummies are not among the top posters? Yes. All scum, no. The problem for town with hitting inactives is time. We have only so much of it but my assessment of the situation would be that we still have enough of it for a "inactive" lynch. I am processing the exact candidate of my preference as I write, so you'll have to wait on that.

The wording on the last question of yours leaves much room for interpretation. It is impossible to know for now how I'd vote in a Sawneeks V X scenario. How did we arrive to that point? What are the arguments, the evidence against each lynch candidate? An opinion is only what it is thanks to the context it exists in. A simpler question would've been "Do you think it is possible that I am scum?", but I do agree, what a boring one that is. Yes, I think it is possible. For now, I do not think that is the case.

If you have further questions, you know who to call.

Signed,

Kyanrute.

Kyanrute

Kyanrute, did you never take into consideration that your Mason buddy could be mafia? Of course I share the sentiment that just lynching and hoping for the best is rather dull. But you have to agree that the possibility could be there.

This same question could of course be directed towards sawneeks.

Yes the possibility is there, no I do not agree with the possibility for now. Future flips might change my opinion of the subject.

Kyanrute

Oh nin, you are the top non-voter right now with two no votes at the end of a day. Been busy? Your general assessment of the situation we are in, if possible tyvm.

nin1000

Banned
Oh nin, you are the top non-voter right now with two no votes at the end of a day. Been busy? Your general assessment of the situation we are in, if possible tyvm.

I feel helpless, I gave me reasoning and who I would have voted some posts ago but once again I don't really get strong vibes from anyone since everyone is playing very safe. It's a rough game this time around.

Kyanrute

A vote record theory. Salva is town. All the lynches so far have been town V town. It is bad for scum to be on the town lynches, it leaves traces, will be used against them. Town V town allows scum to diversify their play. No reason to go against their personal playstyle though, as we see with Splinter. Splinter was a discussion leader, it fits his intended style of play that he'd be on town lynches as that is what happens to misguided townies who talk a lot.

But if Splinter played this role, what did the rest of the team do? Days one and two resemble each other rather much (if you assume Salva is town): town V town votes without a clear alternative third or fourth candidate. It would've been safe for scum to do whatever they wanted, as long as it fits their style of play, their cover, and as long as it does not conflict with the other parts of the scum team. Splinter takes the heat by tunneling and being present, others do whatever they do. I'd imagine one or two participate in the town V town vote and the remaining folk either abstain completely or toss their votes to a candidate who is not under a threat.

Day three changes things. Splinter takes a leave and appears at the end of the day. He even abstains from the voting in the end. If Salva is town, the d3 lynch was a town V neutral lynch. Scum again could do almost whatever they wanted. Diversification is the thing I am looking for here - a good scum team diversifies their play on the individual level as well. This is what Splinter did: from a discussion leader into a non voter. Who then took his mantle and did the opposite, if not via discussion, at least via votes?

El Topo does two off-candidate votes for the 1st two days and then participates in the topic of the day. OceanicAir is the second, less suspicious, candidate, as he votes for Sawneeks on day three.

nin1000

Banned
Kyan, as I read correctly you are implying that scum is trying not to leave any traces in the voting since those are the easiest to trace. I understand that and agree on that part somewhat but with that in mind it puts me in a position ( which I myself created and have go live wit it) where I could be seen as a scum player who flew under the radar all game long without leaving any voting records. What are your thoughts on me Kyan?

Kyanrute

I'd put you as a town lean nin. You are too extreme. Not voting means not influencing the vote. Not posting much means not influencing the discussion. Obviously, one could argue that your current participation could indicate a change in your behavior but I think it is too early to go with that. If you are scum, I can't see how your play so far has been that beneficial to the scum team. It is minimal at best. In addition, your flip tells us nothing. If you are kept around, you might become useful, no matter what your alignment is.

[f] melonrabbit: If you had to choose between who to lynch, would you lynch Kyan or Topo? Thoughts on Nin and Star? Say you were placed in my position and given a Mason chat with someone you weren't sure if you could trust them or not. What would you do?

I noticed you forgot to include yourself. Between those two I would, at this moment, choose El Topo. This business of random voting and dodging questions has been going on for days and even though it has been pointed out to him several times he still hasn't addressed it. Yet Topo still attemping to lead the conversation and demand answers from other people.

Nin with practically no votes on record is hard to get a good read on. Which I think might be the point. They claim that a busy schedule is the reason for this inactivity but I just see this as not being too concerned about the game and leads me to wonder why.

Star has been her passive self, but yesterday that vote on Kark was sudden and I think even Splinter commented on it and it seems highly of character for her and I think it was to paint Kark as a scum today, had Splinter survived I think he would push the narrative today, especially after their argument that got heated yesterday. I notice it hasn't been brought up today by the parties involved and that is a little strange.

If I was mason I would definitely have come forward without delay because I know I'm town and holding back this information does not benefit the town. This also gets more eyes on my partner instead of this information completely disappearing if I was targeted by scum. If you had doubts on Kyan then you should've come forward because if you were NKed scum!Kyan could remain silent and we would never know. Like I would do the opposite of what you did.

That's it for now. At work with be checking the thread throughout the day. Will try to be here for deadline, no promises.

I'll put down my vote now:

vote: Sawneeks

nin1000

Banned
Fyi i will be around until the day phase. A vote will be made aswell and that vote wont be made in the last hour, rest assured.

[m] StanleyPalmtree: You currently have your vote placed one me due to a gut read but was there anything specific that made you lean that way? Why me over Kyan? What about your thoughts of a Kalor lynch? Also, any response you want to give since I called you out as Scum on the previous page?

i wasnt much of a fan of your defense when Kark went on the warpath against you and Kyan. the 'hey man you overthinking this' kinda attitudes in particular. this felt especially true with your defense being directly contrasted with kyans, which felt more.. i dunno, engaging?
also did you really call me out as scum? it seemed more like speculation than anything really substantial. i didnt reply to it since i didnt really feel all that accused by it, and as speculation it all made sense with how have been playing (except for that part about me 'dodging' splinter, that felt like a little much).

[-] Christina Mackenzie: Thoughts on Kark, Kalor, and Star? Do you think Kyan and/or I are Scum? If so, why?

Kark, I'm reevaluating my "town" opinion of him after his "BBQ set winner is scum" statement.

Kalor, I'm still feeling like he's town. He's not been actively trying to lead the discussions through his votes are a little suspect. It's interesting that Splinter never engaged with him though.

StarSketch, I have similar feelings like Kalor, mostly town. Only thing odd about her was the late vote on SalvaPot on Day 3 where she claimed to be testing something.

Something that bothers me having thought about it is Dusk Soldier chose both you and Kyanrute to be Masons on Night 1 I believe, picking 2 out of 18 possible players. With very little info on Day 1, we can all agree the chances of him picking 2 mafia players is extremely small, but just picking 1 mafia player is no easy task either, maybe about 20% probability.

Yet, it seems that the general consensus in here is that there is at least 1 mafia between the two of you. Your actions seems to the most damning evidence against you but take that away, what we're essentially deciding is did Dusk Soldier manage to pick out at least 1 mafia member. I find it unlikely though not outside the realm of possibility.

Another weird thing is why the focus thus far is mostly on you rather than Kyanrute. If you are both town, mafia would obviously want to remove the more experienced player.

El Topo

I'm sure this has been answered before, but...why did Oceanic claim he had found a Mason, but then explained that neither of the Masons had voted for Dusk? See Post #889.

Top Bottom