• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

SalvaPot

I agree with you, but Topo was a bad play, as bad as Kalor, if you look at any of the patterns in the game. It was clear that they were random bandwagons. It's water under the bridge now, I guess, but we need to pull our heads out of our asses.

I agree that he's scummy, too. I will support that vote.

I'm not necessarily opposed to a No Lynch. It's an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather we not lynch anybody than lynch a senseless pick.

So we are friends now?

Convenient.

What made you switch your stance on Kalor? In the quotes you provide it says you think he is Town, although Splinter ignoring him is rather odd but it wasn't enough to make him Scum in your eyes. When you voted for Kalor you mentioned not feeling confident about 'all this', do you not think OA could be Scum?

"I believe that scum has been trying to get Sawneeks lynched since the reveal, that has now been made less certain with the cop reveal."

Can you also explain more on that last part.

I thought Splinter ignoring him was enough to reconsider my opinion. I didn't want to vote for you that day, OceanicAir I wasn't sure at the time. Somehow he survived the night but if he was scum wouldn't that bring attention to himself?

Regarding the quote, I noticed I used the word "reveal" twice, in the first usage I meant mason reveal, second usage I was referring to StarSketch's info.

SalvaPot

Did we ever clear if mafia was able to get items?

Kinda, since magnum, who was neutral, was made a point that he couldn't get items unless he stole them. Also wasn't in splinter flip a mention of him not having any items? That implies he could get items.

nin1000

Banned
I just want to clear up why i brought up the item thing. I was unsure if Mafia had the ability to bid on Items. Since i thought they were all vanilla and to compensate their lack of abilities the number of mafia players had to rise, but since Salva already cleared up that *splinter who was mafia had the ability to bet on items it was made pretty clear that mafia can/could aswell bid on those.

I was unsure because i won an item that gave me an ability that is pretty useless in the hands of an mafia player.

Out of the living players:
Kark
Sawneeks
Salva
are all people I'm not going after and unless 2 scum die I'm not even going to consider a godfather.

Stanley
I'm mostly sure is town

Leaving:
Corn
CM (7 posts in the last day phase and they were as vanilla as they come so they can move up the list)
Kyan
Nin

So I'm open either of those 4.

did i miss something about kark?

him being in that spot tells me that he is confirmed town, but i dont recall anything like that happening.

or am i just misinterpreting this list?

nin1000

Banned
well you could try giving us something to react to.

y'know, first time for everything right?

ehmm.
I just want to clear up why i brought up the item thing. I was unsure if Mafia had the ability to bid on Items. Since i thought they were all vanilla and to compensate their lack of abilities the number of mafia players had to rise, but since Salva already cleared up that *splinter who was mafia had the ability to bet on items it was made pretty clear that mafia can/could aswell bid on those.

I was unsure because i won an item that gave me an ability that is pretty useless in the hands of an mafia player.

him being in that spot tells me that he is confirmed town, but i dont recall anything like that happening.

So OceanicAir thinks you're mostly town yet you've been going hard against him yesterday and vote on him. Does that change your opinion of him?

So OceanicAir thinks you're mostly town yet you've been going hard against him yesterday and vote on him. Does that change your opinion of him?

it wasnt that, but yeah my opinion has changed.
given the extent of OA's argument, im more willing to believe that OA was trying to help town, even if i disagree with the actions taken.
im not convinced that he isnt still mafia, but i am less sure than yesterday.

my view of nin on the other hand has only been getting substantially worse.

nin1000

Banned
given the extent of OA's argument, im more willing to believe that OA was trying to help town, even if i disagree with the actions taken.

Because of ?

I mean in the end of the day I expect you, Kark Salva and Oa to vote for me with Kark and OA being Mafia. As i said to El Topo one day before. I cant wait to see you face after i turn up dead and as a confirmed townie.

nin1000

Banned
I won an vacation that gives me the power to be "on vacation" for a night. This means that no night actions will affect me on that phase. Thats why i asked if it was clear if mafia could indeed bet or win items since this one seems almost useless in the hands of a mafia player.

nin1000

Banned
usually i would insert the shaq.gif as nin1.0 but this time i wont just throw the game.
This time i wont go down without a fight.

Kyanrute

Y8Ovxtj.png

My apologies for moderate or worse lack of activity. My classes started yesterday and it is taking a bit of work to get used to it all again.

Brainstorming, part whatever. Think about the ends of every day so far. Haven't they been mostly uneventful, full of waiting. My own feeling has been that there has not been final hour drama on other days than on day three and somewhat less on day five. Days three and five were more dramatic because information was given out on those days. On day three the masons and a role cop. On day five an alignment cop. Other days have been boring.

Day one, a fight between two townies.
Day two, a fight between two townies.
Day three, a fight between two townies and a neutral.
Day four, a fight between two townies and an unknown.
Day five, a fight between a townie and two unknowns.

Personally, I'd put Oceanic as town and should it be the case, no scum have been under threat until possibly day five with nin. I agree with what's been said about nin. The one defense I can see is that he voted with Splinter when there was no need to do so. There was no need to join the dragonz lynch when the two main candidates were both town.

But even if scum don't have to influence the vote, they still need to vote or risk looking bad. No vote camp is big enough for two scum to hide in. Day two is interesting. Even if nin and Oceanic would be both town (imo nin possible Oceanic not likely), there still would need to be scum on the Dusk lynch. Three scum in total is too little. Where are the scum then? There is five different no voters still to be flipped and one of the seven was already scum. One? Two? Surely not all three. All the non voters from day one join the winning town lynch on day two. Fancy way to take cover, possibly. Christina has a nice vote record when it comes to voting townies. I don't feel Stanley or Corn are that much better though, since I feel Oceanic is town.

I am left with Karkador. I feel he has been fearing the worst with what he's done. While he did not vote for Magnum, iirc he did want to see him dead eventually. He wanted to clear the masons. He wanted to clear Star. All these responses and his reasoning feel sound to me, from the POV that scum are lurking everywhere. Extreme, yes, but reasonable. He has been consistent too. As things stand, I do not feel lynching him is the choice. The shorlist I am left with is: Stanley, Christina, Corn and nin. To satisfy Sawneek's criteria of top three, I'll read them through again and think more deeply.

My argument with Splinter was a regrettable argument to have, and I misbehaved with my outburst, too. That wasn't part of the game. I would prefer if that whole thing was just deleted. I have not wanted to bring it up, because I felt it was unfair to have it color me good ("Mafia wouldn't argue like that") or bad ("That was totally staged, they're mafia").

So don't read any of that as game-relevant, and sorry to everyone for having to see that (this is kind of late for this, I know).
I do agree with this and I'll probably talk more about it postgame. But I will say in a game of an absolutely passive town, there are other reasons as to why I think you're town. And I'm not exactly concerned about false town leader status due this town not really having any sense of direction lol.

See above.

nin1000

Banned
I feel like in the end mafia did not really have to do anything. Since town in the end lynched itself. SalvaPot voting for me just really shows that.

Kyanrute

Stanley, you said you had no issues with a nin lynch yesterday. Could you explain to me why did you keep your vote on Oceanic instead of voting nin?

Sawneeks

Banned
I thought Splinter ignoring him was enough to reconsider my opinion. I didn't want to vote for you that day, OceanicAir I wasn't sure at the time. Somehow he survived the night but if he was scum wouldn't that bring attention to himself?

Regarding the quote, I noticed I used the word "reveal" twice, in the first usage I meant mason reveal, second usage I was referring to StarSketch's info.

Since OA still hasn't been NKed and is still around does that mean you think he is Scum?

I won an vacation that gives me the power to be "on vacation" for a night. This means that no night actions will affect me on that phase. Thats why i asked if it was clear if mafia could indeed bet or win items since this one seems almost useless in the hands of a mafia player.

That would be useful to Scum, though. They would become untargetable for a Night, meaning if a Cop investigated them or the Vig shot them it would miss and waste a Night Action.

Why wouldn't that be useful to Scum?

Sawneeks

Banned
My first line of though was that they have nothing to fear, since they cannot be killed ( vigilante yennek being dead) or investigated ( StarSketch dead aswell).

???

The Vacation was a winnable item when Star was still alive, meaning they could have used it to avoid Star's Cop checks.

nin1000

Banned
???

The Vacation was a winnable item when Star was still alive, meaning they could have used it to avoid Star's Cop checks.

Yep, thats what came to my mind afterwards. But since I had the vacation in my position it seemed useless for mafia in first sight.

I have no issues with me being lynched but it is somekind of troublesome to see that not only mafia is trying to vote me out but also town. I mean what will you get out of my lynch? Since lynching is here to get some information out of a player. What will town gain out of my lynch ?

Sawneeks

Banned
Yep, thats what came to my mind afterwards. But since I had the vacation in my position it seemed useless for mafia in first sight.

I have no issues with me being lynched but it is somekind of troublesome to see that not only mafia is trying to vote me out but also town. I mean what will you get out of my lynch? Since lynching is here to get some information out of a player. What will town gain out of my lynch ?

The confirmation of alignment is one thing and since many people think you are Scum it would also get us closer to winning the game.

I know you said you think Kark and OA are both Scum together but do you have any other reads on people?

Sawneeks

Banned

I'm going to echo Nin here and ask why.

Or at least what specifically made you change your stance.

Honestly feeling kind of defeated. Hard to muster up the willpower to play when we haven't lynched scum once, and nobody listens to you. I was dead on about Splinter, yet nobody trusts me about OA.

:c

I don't think it's that nobody trusts you on OA but it's that his question yesterday is the only thing you have really pinned against him. In a game full of different votes and actions only using one thing against someone isn't incredibly convincing.

Sawneeks

Banned
I do agree with this and I'll probably talk more about it postgame. But I will say in a game of an absolutely passive town, there are other reasons as to why I think you're town. And I'm not exactly concerned about false town leader status due this town not really having any sense of direction lol.

Do you mind if I ask you for examples?

Honestly feeling kind of defeated. Hard to muster up the willpower to play when we haven't lynched scum once, and nobody listens to you. I was dead on about Splinter, yet nobody trusts me about OA.

Oh boo hoo, you haven't even tried to put a decent argument against me beyond your ridiculous assertion from yesterday. Hell, I could do a better job than you are doing. There are loads of other things from previous days that you could try to pick up, others have! You even voted for me on D4, why? Are you just throwing random votes around?

Don't forget you lynched Dusk too so don't even act like you are some mafia finding savant. You've checked out of the game since Splinter died and folded your hands giving lousy one sentences answers when I try to engage you. Either move the hell on and attempt to find scum or actually try to make a decent argument. Because even if I am scum (which i'm not) there would be at least 2 other scum that you could attempt to go after. I'm struggling to see how this attitude is helpful to town.

Could you at least tell me why you don't think that CM could be scum?

Do you mind if I ask you for examples?

It's really nothing specific, it's more of the fact aside from you, Kark seems to be one of the few people remotely interested in scum hunting even if I don't agree with some of the paths he's gone down. Probably done more than confirmed town at that.

Could you at least tell me why you don't think that CM could be scum?

No? I never said she couldn't. Anyone besides the people SS cleared could be scum at this point. But Nin, Kark, and you in general suggested stuff that just seemed way off to me.

You say I haven't built up a good argument against you, and that's true. But I don't have much besides what my gut tells me based on your small set of actions. You (if you are scum) haven't made any notable mistakes. You're not as obvious as Splinter was.

I feel much more secure in a Karkador lynch to be honest.

Honestly, what is way off about me? Explain your logic, don't just assume people are believing you.

You bringing up the possibility yesterday of lynching SS. Sorry, but even after you explained your reasoning I just don't agree with it. Could you just be town that I disagree with? Sure. But that's not what I feel happened.

nin1000

Banned
You bringing up the possibility yesterday of lynching SS. Sorry, but even after you explained your reasoning I just don't agree with it. Could you just be town that I disagree with? Sure. But that's not what I feel happened.

To be clear, I brought up the idea of lynching her lol.

Stanley, you said you had no issues with a nin lynch yesterday. Could you explain to me why did you keep your vote on Oceanic instead of voting nin?

because at the time i still wanted to lynch OA more, and i went to sleep immediately after.
i said that before the bandwagon had really started (i recall it was only topo voting nin at the time), and before OA's final response in our argument, which is the comment that really made me feel differently about him.

I'm going to echo Nin here and ask why.

Or at least what specifically made you change your stance.

well i havnt liked his play for several days now for the very obvious reasons.
i dont think he has made a single meaningful contribution, nor has even even apeared to try, and consistantly just halfheartedly followed the direction of other players.

as to what makes me feel worse about him?

its this bullshit "lol your going to feel dumb when i flip town" defense in reaction to topo, and now me, after he finally starts feeling the natural repercussions of his useless play.
its fearmongering, manipulative bullshit, and to me its the worse possible defense a player could attempt.

nin1000

Banned
well i havnt liked his play for several days now for the very obvious reasons.
i dont think he has made a single meaningful contribution, nor has even even apeared to try, and consistantly just halfheartedly followed the direction of other players.

as to what makes me feel worse about him?

its this bullshit "lol your going to feel dumb when i flip town" defense in reaction to topo, and now me, after he finally starts feeling the natural repercussions of his useless play.
its fearmongering, manipulative bullshit, and to me its the worse possible defense a player could attempt.

I am inclined to agree that a bad town is worse than anything else.
So with me Lynched that leaves us with those players

1. [m] StanleyPalmtree
2. [m] Karkador
3. [f] Sawneeks
4. [m] OceanicAir
5. [-] Christina Mackenzie
6. [-] SalvaPot
7. [m] CornBurrito

If we believe that there are indeed 3 mafia players left. It's not looking good, but not unwinnable since we have at least 2 cleared town players. Of course the following day one of the above will probably be NK ( my guess is Salva or Sawneeks).

That leaves us with the following players that are not cleared. I don't care if those have cop roles or not since we already cleared that mafia could indeed bet for an item.

1. [m] StanleyPalmtree
2. [m] Karkador
4. [m] OceanicAir
7. [m] CornBurrito

Out of those my guess would lie on Stan, kark and CM combo. Cm did her best to stay under the radar whereas Stan has put down, at least the following days, a lot more effort to look active. Kark in my book is the mastermind behind all that. He is a very good player and him being mafia would make a lot of sense.

Just to make it clear, at this point I am no longer against me being lynched since I did not bring anything to the table that would make me surviving useful for town and in the end it is more important that town somehow gets to lynch scum.

nin1000

Banned
Sorry, forgot a player. The actual list without the cleared players would look like this

1. [m] StanleyPalmtree
2. [m] Karkador
4. [m] OceanicAir
7. [m] CornBurrito
8. [m] Kyanrute

Kyanrute

nin you voted for Oceanic on day four and showed some amount of suspicion towards him on day five. Today you say in #1667 that you still think he is scum. Why is he missing from your top three scum in #1694? Did something change?

That leaves us with the following players that are not cleared. I don't care if those have cop roles or not since we already cleared that mafia could indeed bet for an item.

You say that mafia could indeed win items so having a power role doesn't necessarily mean players are town.

Out of those my guess would lie on Stan, kark and CM combo. Cm did her best to stay under the radar whereas Stan has put down, at least the following days, a lot more effort to look active. Kark in my book is the mastermind behind all that. He is a very good player and him being mafia would make a lot of sense.

Yet the players whom you think are scum all haven't as yet mention anything about winning items. Interesting choice.

nin1000

Banned
You say that mafia could indeed win items so having a power role doesn't necessarily mean players are town.

thats what i said, yes i still think that OA could be scum in the end with the ability to check people.

Yet the players whom you think are scum all haven't as yet mention anything about winning items. Interesting choice.

true but thats why i threw in the list above in the end its one of those guys.

1. [m] StanleyPalmtree
2. [m] Karkador
4. [m] OceanicAir
7. [m] CornBurrito
8. [m] Kyanrute

nin1000

Banned
In the end i want to put out as much info from my side as i can. Later today i will be lynched and i just want to help town to look at those that will remain after i die.

At least i try :3

Top Bottom