• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Sawneeks

Banned
Lynching a "probable" cop is a possible course of action for today. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Please come back, I need someone sane to talk to.

VOTE:StarSketch

Let's just get this over with. Sketch has had s fairly bad voting record, and this flip puts this fiasco in our hands, not theirs. We are looking at a potential stalling tactic towards the finish line if they let Sketch live tonight.

Voting for Topo right now is the same bad vote train that Kalor got. Don't do this.

no NO no No no NOO

Vote: Karkador

This is bullshit even for you, Kark.

'lynch the cop and so we don't deal with it later?'

and let Scum deal with 1 of 2 confirmed players tonight instead of Star.

what the hell, man

Karkador

Banned
Ok

1. Lynch SS
2. Scum nightkills a cleared result

= 2 dead town, 1 cleared town.

vs.

1. Lynch OA
2. Scum nightkills SS

= 2 dead town, 2 cleared town WORST CASE (OA somehow town)
= 1 dead scum, 1 dead town, 2 cleared town. BEST CASE.

2 cleared town result from not lynching SS.

We lynch TownCop Sketch, Mafia NKs one of her results. The resulting list of uncleared persons is this:

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
3. [m] Karkador
4. [m] nin1000
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
13. [-] Christina Mackenzie
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

8 people left uncleared

We lynch ScumCop Sketch, Mafia will likely not touch her results. They NK some rando. The resulting list of uncleared persons is this:

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
3. [m] Karkador
4. [m] nin1000
5. [f] Sawneeks
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
14. [-] SalvaPot (Replaced WhereAreMahDragonz)
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

10 - 1 NK on the list = 9 uncleared

We lynch TownRoleCop Oceanic, Mafia NKs TownCop Sketch. The resulting list of uncleared persons:

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
4. [m] nin1000
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

7 people left uncleared

We lynch ScumWhatever Oceanic, Mafia NKs TownCop Sketch. The resulting list of uncleared persons:

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
3. [m] Karkador
4. [m] nin1000
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

8 players left uncleared

We lynch ScumWhatever Oceanic, Mafia leaves comrade ScumCop Sketch alive, and NKs some rando. The resulting list of uncleared persons:

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
3. [m] Karkador
4. [m] nin1000
5. [f] Sawneeks
8. [m] Kyanrute
10. [f] StarSketch
14. [-] SalvaPot (Replaced WhereAreMahDragonz)
18. [m] CornBurrito
20. [m] El Topo

10 - 1 NK = 9 players left uncleared

Basically, the only way we get the optimal result here (7 players left uncleared) is if we assume both Oceanic and StarSketch are both Town and telling the truth. We really shouldn't even BE making information lynches this late into the game, but if we're going to waste a day on this, why are we going for the player that offers the lesser amount of information?

Mafia isn't going to give us the most optimal situation. They will likely gamble leaving Sketch alive, because they have to survive what, today and two more days?

assuming 3 mafia left:
D5 11 total, 6 majority, 3 mafia
D6 9 total, 5 majority, 3 mafia
D7 7 total, 4 majority, 3 mafia

and that's not counting any sort of extra game-threatening chaos happening with the items

Karkador

Banned
Please come back, I need someone sane to talk to.

no NO no No no NOO

Vote: Karkador

This is bullshit even for you, Kark.

'lynch the cop and so we don't deal with it later?'

and let Scum deal with 1 of 2 confirmed players tonight instead of Star.

what the hell, man

Don't waste your vote on me.

The Kalor lynch. That's the group of suspects you want to look at.

Here:

kalor (6)
oceanicair 1123
sawneeks 1207
christina mackenzie 1221
nin1000 1228 (1232)
salvapot 1235
kyanrute 1281
starsketch 1288

SalvaPot

Vote:nin1000

You know you are my bro, but since I joined the game I have felt your play off, and even if you did recover in the last day, I still feel you are playing from a mafia player perspective. Your last flip flop is what I am going to base my hunch on, sorry bro.

i swear it feels like im just repeating points here. but then it is 4am so whaduikno?

"My problem is you are living in a world where Star is confirmed town."

thats not what i thought at all.
as soon as she claimed i believed she would be dead within the next 3 days (more likely 2), making the confirmation of her role inevitable, and your impotent attempt at clarifying it pretty much worthless. (her inevitable flip seems to be the part that your 4 predictions are missing).
but she might have survived for 1 more day, which is one more investigation, which is a very good thing for town. it was unlikely, but it was possible. telling scum that she is certainly still a threat makes this a near impossibility.

"You really think the worst of Star and her ability to play a role don't you? Because that really is not a natural response"

what the hell are you talking about? the only thing i have said about stars play in all this is that i think she shouldnt have answered your question.
i think she made a bad call, that doent mean i think shes a bad player.
and i really dont get why you would think that of me, it just feels insulting.
Um, I'm gonna just drop this, because I think debating the chances of her survival is a useless endeavor because I really don't think it made a difference. We also seem to disagree whether a dead Sketch is good or not.
VOTE:StarSketch

Let's just get this over with. Sketch has had s fairly bad voting record, and this flip puts this fiasco in our hands, not theirs. We are looking at a potential stalling tactic towards the finish line if they let Sketch live tonight.
I'm really not putting an stock into an argument that involves voting record if it doesn't also include nin. I also don't get why people are acting that we don't have at least 3 people to lynch. Any lynch not going to who we think is scum is not only a waste but harmful.

Sawneeks

Banned
Don't waste your vote on me.

The Kalor lynch. That's the group of suspects you want to look at.

Here:

kalor (6)
oceanicair 1123
sawneeks 1207
christina mackenzie 1221
nin1000 1228 (1232)
salvapot 1235
kyanrute 1281
starsketch 1288

You seem really dead set on that list.

But I still don't agree with lynching the cop, that's incredibly ridiculous to even be a possibility right now.

WHY are we doing Scum's job for them??

So El Topo is 'cleared' because he just happened to not vote for Kalor? Despite everything else he has done this entire game?

Karkador

Banned
You seem really dead set on that list.

But I still don't agree with lynching the cop, that's incredibly ridiculous to even be a possibility right now.

WHY are we doing Scum's job for them??

So El Topo is 'cleared' because he just happened to not vote for Kalor? Despite everything else he has done this entire game?

He's not cleared. The post I just finished making about uncleared players should tell you that.

But we have a clear example of players jumping on a player vote for no good reason. It's easily the worst vote we've had all game, motivated by practically nothing. I've tried to get people to have the discussion, and they wont.

You are part of the list, and you wont have the discussion. You ask me "who do you want go for on the list?", but that's not a discussion. That's you prompting me to give you a name, and then you decide whether you want to run with it or not.

Man, I'm back to square one here, an hour to day end. What else is new?

It's true that it would be better to lynch scum than town.

VOTE: Sawneeks

Sawneeks

Banned
He's not cleared. The post I just finished making about uncleared players should tell you that.

But we have a clear example of players jumping on a player vote for no good reason. It's easily the worst vote we've had all game, motivated by practically nothing. I've tried to get people to have the discussion, and they wont.

You are part of the list, and you wont have the discussion. You ask me "who do you want go for on the list?", but that's not a discussion. That's you prompting me to give you a name, and then you decide whether you want to run with it or not.

Man, I'm back to square one here, an hour to day end. What else is new?

It's true that it would be better to lynch scum than town.

VOTE: Sawneeks

Where did you try and have this discussion.

All I saw was you compile a list of quotes where people voted for Kalor and proceeded to call all of them scummy and terrible. Where is your accusations! Your conclusions! Nobody is going to comment on that list when we don't even know what you want out of it.

And now you understand my dilemma! I've been trying to get actual conversation going for Days now and instead it's a lot of dicking around until the final 2 hours when everyone gets together and votes.

If you want a discussion, we can have one.

I don't agree with your Kalor list. While I do find 1 person on that list scummy, the rest I feel are Town and having to be confined solely to that list is silly and reduces the player pool way too much. It feels like you are defending Topo.

Sawneeks

Banned
And Kark if you're wondering where this Topo push started:

The tale of El Topo.

Day one: does a picture test and thinks melon is scum. Never explains why he thinks negatively of melon.

Day two: wants Magnum dead because he is a lying neutral.

Day three: thinks Dusk was a mason himself and throws shade onto the presumed single partner. But when masons reveal themselves, does not say a single word about them and instead really wants Magnum dead.

Day four: contemplates voting different candidates and settles on Sawneeks, of whom he had nothing to say the day before. Has a weird discussion about the BBQ with Kark, a discussion that seems extremely off-topic. Why was this a worthwhile topic to discuss, but not any other thing people wanted him to answer?

Day five: really wants to lynch Sawneeks. Star claims and Topo is unaffected. Responds to theories about Star’s alignment with “who do we lynch”, without offering a candidate himself.

Topo is weird. He feels separated from the discussion and the reluctance to answer things is clear. He throws shade around in minor to moderate amounts but it looks bad when he never comments on why others find his style of play troubling. The only clear arguments he has made have been against Magnum, a neutral item stealer. A quick read through did not find me the reason why melon was so suspicious. His tunneling on Sawneeks seems off because it started a day late. On day three, he had assumptions about the masons. When the assumptions were challenged, he did not react at all. Today, when his assumptions are again challenged, he does not react at all and even throws shade at those discussing the challenge. There is no real scum hunting for three days, just a grand desire to get rid of Magnum and a vote never explained.

VOTE: El Topo

Topo, why was melon scummy? Why do you circle around the questions that are thrown at you? Why did you ignore the masons on day three? What are your thoughts about Star’s reveal regarding Sawneeks? And finally, who do we lynch?

Because I agree with a lot of Kyan's points here.

Not to mention Topo finally started to get his act together and post when he had an actual case against him. Even then, his explanations and reasons felt odd and often contradicted himself.

Karkador

Banned
Where did you try and have this discussion.

All I saw was you compile a list of quotes where people voted for Kalor and proceeded to call all of them scummy and terrible. Where is your accusations! Your conclusions! Nobody is going to comment on that list when we don't even know what you want out of it.

did you read the post?

Sophia

Sawneeks

Banned
Kark if you're only willing to vote for someone in your list why not Salva? That quote you posted of his ( the full one, not the cut down one ) is the scummiest thing I have ever seen.

He reads Splinter as Neutral whose goal is to 'destroy everything and that's why he is being anti-town'.

Basically calling him Mafia without saying he is Mafia.

So why are you on Star's case and not that?

Sawneeks

Banned
There was reasoning for why I pointed out the posts

You are really frustrating me.

Spell it out for me, then.

Because I reread it about 3 times and all I see is:

'Here is their vote. It's weak and doesn't make much sense.'

'Here is Salva's vote. His reasoning is bad. Also his list is weird.'

rinse, repeat.

Karkador

Banned
Kark if you're only willing to vote for someone in your list why not Salva? That quote you posted of his ( the full one, not the cut down one ) is the scummiest thing I have ever seen.

He reads Splinter as Neutral whose goal is to 'destroy everything and that's why he is being anti-town'.

Basically calling him Mafia without saying he is Mafia.

So why are you on Star's case and not that?

Because Sketch is vouching for him

Sawneeks

Banned
Because Sketch is vouching for him

So why not test Salva over Sketch?

We lynch Salva, he flips Scum ( or Town ).

Sketch, if she is Town and made a mistake, either gets NKed or gets one more investigate. If she is Scum, we have the chance to deal with her tomorrow.

I'm willing to move over to a Salva vote.

Sawneeks

Banned
Even Star's clear of him aside a lot of his actions are Scummy. I didn't notice it until Kark pointed out that post but a lot of his reasoning is all over the place and that Splinter read is incredibly scummy.

Not to mention I have thought about why Splinter would go after Dragonz for so long without stopping. Maybe he was expecting some sort of pay-off in the end? He lynches his teammate and gets a clean ride through most of the game sounds like a nice pay-off to me. :x

Sawneeks

Banned
hmmmm, no.

I still think Star is Town.

I don't think Salva's alignment correlates with her's.

Salva wasn't in the line of fire, there was no reason to come in and clear him if they were teammates.

Kyanrute

dragonzpot, who Splinter hounded for three days. dragonz, who had a scum vote on her on two consecutive days and she was almost lynched on both. Splinter scum MVP for the bravest bussing of all time. Holy fucking information lynch. That is...

Wow.

El Topo

I would argue that Sketch has at least been coherent regarding her explanation about the investigation and the targets. In both cases she claims to have targeted a player she was suspicious about the previous day, namely D3 she voted for Salva (before switching for Magnum) and D4 she voted for Sawn.

El Topo

I honestly don't see how there could be any doubt regarding nin. I gave a summary earlier. Either he's scum or he's the most useless town player I've ever seen.

Sawneeks

Banned
That's the thing, I'm not sure. I'm considering checking OceanicAir, but topo, Nin and Kark have been bothering me as well.

My gut is saying Nin, I guess?

Well, whomever you do decide to check is on you and I would strongly suggest not hinting who your target will be in the case that Scum have an ability to misdirect or block your ability.

Do you plan to keep your vote on yourself?

nin1000

Banned
oh and for what its worth it will be on vacation to costa rica everyone.
Rio-Celeste-Waterfall-Costa-Rica.jpg

SalvaPot

So why not test Salva over Sketch?

We lynch Salva, he flips Scum ( or Town ).

Sketch, if she is Town and made a mistake, either gets NKed or gets one more investigate. If she is Scum, we have the chance to deal with her tomorrow.

I'm willing to move over to a Salva vote.

If its going to be like that I'll rather vote you out. Splinter almost got me voted out. Twice. That is my best defense.

Sophia

sawneeks (1)
el topo 1329 (1530)
karkador 1330 (1471)
nin1000 1436 (1439)
karkador 1557

oceanicair (2)
stanleypalmtree 1384
nin1000 1385 (1417)
cornburrito 1403

cornburrito (1)
oceanicair 1415

kyanrute (0)
sawneeks 1418 (1496)

karkador (0)
nin1000 1439 (1543)
sawneeks 1551 (1575)

el topo (4)
kyanrute 1452
sawneeks 1500 (1551)
christina mackenzie 1531
nin1000 1543 (1547)
sawneeks 1575
nin1000 1587

nin1000 (3)
el topo 1530
salvapot 1554
starsketch 1585

starsketch (0)
karkador 1542 (1557)
starsketch 1545 (1585)
nin1000 1547 (1587)

Majoriy is 6

Day ends in

blu_1473022800.png

El Topo

I've honestly no idea anymore on who is scum and who is just horrendous. I will get lynched, I'm town (as always except for Archer, where I was the noble Robin Hood), it happens, but you should keep some things in mind.

1) Should StarSketch miraculously survive, lynch her. Keep also in mind that Sawneeks threw a temper tantrum at the mere idea that scum might leave her alive earlier. She's already

2) Should StarSketch die and thus flip town, focus on nin. He was called scum by Kalor and me, I gave an overview of his behavior, not just being inactive, but deliberately not doing anything.

3) I'm sceptical of CM, who also happens to be the active player with the least posts and who didn't explain herself much (iirc).

4) Kyanrute's post from earlier was downright nonsensical. There is a reason why he did not back this with any actual posts. I'm confident at least one of the Masons is scum, maybe actually him?

5) Stanley, CM and CB did not vote on D1, but then all voted out Dusk on D2. Not necessarily incriminating, but I always found that odd.

Top Bottom