• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS4 is almost here; here's some retail boxes in the meantime

Magnus

Coloured controllers continue the fine tradition of tacky looking peripherals set by all their predecessors for the last 20 years.

Black, white, or grey. Thanks!

chrono01

I have the PS4 pre-ordered [have since the day it was announced] but now I'm not so sure I want to keep it. I was hoping some more titles that interested me were going to be announced [namely those from Japanese developers], so if I went ahead with the purchase I wouldn't have anything to play on it. That NeoGAF hype, though. ~_~

I am, however, debating on purchasing a current Playstation Vita should I cancel my PS4 pre-order just to get one with an OLED screen before they're phased out. I do have a couple Vita games already to play on it, so there's that...

stryke

I keep reading this. Is this a joke assumption? Why would Sony include a cosmetic accessory that only exists for profit margin?

They're naive.

And those who actually watched the Giantbomb e3 show when Adam was on it, would know that the stand is more than just a piece of plastic. It's got quite a hefty weight to it to keep the console stable.

I am surprised that people are surprised that the stand isn't included. There has been a stand for almost every Playstation incarnation since the Ps2. The Ps2 Phat even had a horizontal stand.

Anyway, I will buy it if it is as well made as it looks. The Ps2+Slim PS2 stands were very nice and added a lot to the look of the console.

I have the PS4 pre-ordered [have since the day it was announced] but now I'm not so sure I want to keep it. I was hoping some more titles that interested me were going to be announced [namely those from Japanese developers], so if I went ahead with the purchase I wouldn't have anything to play on it. That NeoGAF hype, though. ~_~

I am, however, debating on purchasing a current Playstation Vita should I cancel my PS4 pre-order just to get one with an OLED screen before they're phased out. I do have a couple Vita games already to play on it, so there's that...
If you don't have a need of it I'm sure someone else would love to take your spot.

Joco

Not a fan of the red one. The blue looks great though. Might pick that up in addition to the black one that comes with the console.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Coloured controllers continue the fine tradition of tacky looking peripherals set by all their predecessors for the last 20 years.

Black, white, or grey. Thanks!
What, no way. There are so many awesome colored controllers on past consoles. N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS3, 360, and more. Unfortunately, the Dualshock 4 is ugly as hell and doesn't come close to those classics.

-PXG-

I would do horrible things for a white PS4 and controller. Horrible things.

Of course, if you live anywhere that isn't Japan, you won't get anything cool. Thanks Sony :/

Radec

iExjOA4g8pnJk.jpg

This needs to fucking happen.

The controllers are absolutely hideous.

But the controllers are insanely gorgeous amazing.

Damn gaf and its black and white stances. Why must you have extreme opinions on everything?

DBT85

I twatted at Colorware.com on Twitter asking about custom DS4s. They replied that they'll probably only do them if you buy the PS4 from them as well. They also said that that might change.

I hope so, because frankly the shipping from them to me in the UK was a killer just for two DS3 controllers, and shipping for a console would be even more, and I don't want to buy another PS4.

The controllers are absolutely hideous.

But the controllers are insanely gorgeous amazing.

Damn gaf and its black and white stances. Why must you have extreme opinions on everything?

Something something people are different something something.

JP

It's ridiculous how much photos like these make me want the PS4 as we get closer to launch! Can't wait for it to turn up.

Weren't you saying the PS4 was ugly yesterday?

Yesterday? I dunno.

I don't like the look of it, but "ugly" might be a strong word. "Uninspiring" or "boring" is probably more suitable. It still looks like somebody sat on a box.

That said, it's not as offensively bad as the DS4 is.

TheContact

Good to know the ps4 can go veritcal, I always think the heat dispenses better that way. It does suck that now you have to pay for a stand though. The PS2 came with one and the PS3 didn't need one

jainasky

Neo Member
Thanks for the pics, really looking forward to getting it. If I can get it preordered somewhere. I keep stalking the sites.

Too much going on at home when they were taking them so now it's either get lucky and find one on a site or hope for the best on day one.

If not ill have to wait, but this system is definite must buy.

moka

Don't think I'll be getting one right away although it does look very, very good.

Some people are saying the controllers look ugly but they look orite to me. Highly subjective but still.

Zeth

Exciting stuff :)

I still think the alternate controller colors are bad though.

edit: white and grey are great, I thought we were only getting red, blue, etc. Oh wait, that's fan art it seems?

Top Bottom