• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Road to E3 (List of possible games for the show)

Brew124

I think all the major conferences could be excellent this year, depending on what they decide to show off. I'm personally looking forward to Sony's the most, but EA ranks right up there this year with more information on Dragon Age, a possible Mass Effect, and Star Wars Battlefront. And of course Square with FFXV.

I'm hoping there will be a bigger presence of JRPG's in general this year with all the recent localization announcements. Can never have too many.

You forgot Everybody's gone to the Rapture, Rime & other interesting indie games.

I know Minecraft will probably be there on PS4. maybe H1Z1 will be there at SOE's booth too.

Coolwhip

Banned
Nice effort on the list.

Though my E3 hype is nonexistent still and that list looks like it could be from last years E3.

jcm

Nice effort on the list.

Though my E3 hype is nonexistent still and that list looks like it could be from last years E3.

I don't understand how it's possible to like video games and not be excited about anything on that list.

Batman was delayed till 2015. It was announced by DC and WB themselves after showing the trailer at a convention. (wondercon? Will have to dig up the thread)

I'm still expecting a E3 presence though.

No, people misheard it. The 2015 title they mentioned was a new Injustice, it's just it was so loud becasue people were cheering for the new Arkham trailer that noone caught that the presenters said a new Injustice would release in 2015.

Albo

No, people misheard it. The 2015 title they mentioned was a new Injustice, it's just it was so loud becasue people were cheering for the new Arkham trailer that noone caught that the presenters said a new Injustice would release in 2015.

No, it wasn't confirmed. All the source said was something injustice related, is coming "not in 2014". That could be anytime, or anything from a comic to an ios game. If it's a sequel, it's unlikely to be developed by NRS anyway considering they're busy working on the next MK.

Really hoping for some surprises and hopign to see "2014" on a lot of release dates.

I'd LOVE to see something of Fallout 4, but I doubt it. I don't think they'd announce it at an E3, they have no need to and there's nothing but rumors on the game.

jbug617

Banned
i am excited to see what Sony and Nintendo have planned for the Fall. I feel with the leak I have expectations on what I will see from Microsoft (happy with those leaks btw).

Oppo

Feels like there's a lot of overlap between Fortnite and Sunset Overdrive. both visually and in terms of execution.

Feels like there's a lot of overlap between Fortnite and Sunset Overdrive. both visually and in terms of execution.

I dunno, one seems a survival/tower defense hybrid, the other a fast-paced parkour shooter. Though there are definitely some visual simularities, even though we've yet to see both games in action.

A few less-obvious games I'd like to see in some form:

Next game from Giant Sparrow (The Unfinished Swan studio)
Next game from ThatGameCompany (Flow/Flower/Journey studio)
Next game from Playdead (Limbo studio)
Next game from Housemarque (Resogun/Super Stardust/Dead Nation studio)

Good call.
With all the expectations for the AAA games, I'm anxious to see the projects from these very creative teams.

I want a pubblic Valve conference. Please Gaben

Yeah that would be great. Though one have to wonder how many new 3rd party stuff they could show. It's not like they'd make a publishing/marketing agreement similar to consoles, so there would be less incentive for pubs/devs.

Valve never had an E3 public conference on their own. The last appearance of Gabe there was to announce Portal 2 on Sony 2010 E3 conference.

Doesn't mean we can't want one :p But yeah, Valve aren't the E3 types. But a ValveCon or SteamCon would make a lot of sense.

Jawmuncher

If that Dino Crisis reboot happens (Which I hope it does) since it has the highest chance of ever happening than ever before. This will INSTANTLY become the best E3 ever. I've never had a big announcement at E3 shake me to my core. But that has the potential so long as it isn't another DC3 debacle.

Some Nobody

Adding games. Evolve, Alien, Doom 4, Battlefield: Police Edition, Hyrule Warriors, Star Citzen, Devil's Third and Elite: Dangerous are up so far. Will add more soon.

I don't think a teaser for Fallout 4 would be unheard of at E3 2014. Fallout 3 had a teaser site for the game that appeared on May 2, 2007 and then a teaser trailer on June 5 2007. Fallout New Vegas had it's first teaser trailer at the VGA's back in 2009, but considering the industry seems to really not care about hyping games at the VGA/VGX award show any longer, I could see Fallout 4 being treated the same as Fallout 3. Also consider that Bethesda/Zenimax are releasing Wolfenstien New Order on May 20th, The Elder Scrolls Online for consoles and PC on June 30th, and the Evil Within on August 26th; all the publishers games for 2014 will release before summer even ends. So even if Dishonored II is a thing and is shown at E3, besides the inevitable DOOM reveal, those would be Bethesda's only two games to show, which aren't the biggest of franchises; so Fallout 4 getting some sort of announcement and teaser trailer isn't that far off.

Ikaruga!

Neo Member
This is biased. Why is Microsoft the first Publisher in the listings, while no one but the UK and the US gives a strawberry about what they are presenting for their xBone?!

Well I guess poland and switzerland will be huge for MS this E3 :)

noobasuar

Banned
Interested in seeing devils third, witcher 3, bayonetta 2, and most Nintendo stuff.

Mostly everything else can burn in a fire and is a good reminder at how garbage the video game industry has become.

Some Nobody

Mass Effect 3 and Fallout 4, if they are announced this year, will probably be announced at the VGA's / VGX's / Geoff Keighley & Joel McHale Interactive Christmas Special / whatever the heck they're called this year.

Both Skyrim and ME3 were announced at the VGA's previously.

Don't know about that. Switching formats to online-first clearly hurt their "power", even though it should've done the opposite.

Anustart

It's almost time for e3 bear to start spreading his good fortune!

e3-bear.jpg

I hope he brings me Dragon Quest XI for 3ds.

hohoXD123

That Dishonored 2 stuff still seems really fake to me, even if a Dishonored 2 is clearly a possibility.
Definitely a possibility, I thought it looked quite fake too, particularly in regards to how the images surfaced, but from the source in the OP it sounds as though it's been mostly confirmed somehow.

If that Dino Crisis reboot happens (Which I hope it does) since it has the highest chance of ever happening than ever before. This will INSTANTLY become the best E3 ever. I've never had a big announcement at E3 shake me to my core. But that has the potential so long as it isn't another DC3 debacle.

Shh, never speak of that game. It doesn't exist. It never existed.

Some Nobody

Interested in seeing devils third, witcher 3, bayonetta 2, and most Nintendo stuff.

Mostly everything else can burn in a fire and is a good reminder at how garbage the video game industry has become.

Can you -not- be that guy? Please? Because I'm pretty hyped for some of the games on that list and I'm not trashing what you like.

Batman was delayed till 2015. It was announced by DC and WB themselves after showing the trailer at a convention. (wondercon? Will have to dig up the thread)

I'm still expecting a E3 presence though.

Was not delayed. Notice Rocksteady hasn't said anything to the effect, and if you look at Amazon or GS the release dates are the same.

Definitely a possibility, I thought it looked quite fake too, particularly in regards to how the images surfaced, but from the source in the OP it sounds as though it's been mostly confirmed somehow.

People say it's fake, but they think Dishonored 2 is still probably a thing. I can take the image down but the rest would probably stay the same.

komplanen

It'll be an amazing show if even half of these games are announced/showed. I hope we get some surprises that no one could guess :)

This is biased. Why is Microsoft the first Publisher in the listings, while no one but the UK and the US gives a strawberry about what they are presenting for their xBone?!

Does it matter? Lol, come on.

OP even says this at one point: "I'll be the first one to admit I'm not a big Xbox guy though, so there's a good chance I missed one or three."

Take off those console war glasses.

Ishan

im primarily looking forward to the sony and ms conferences. I'm sure shots will be fired and megatons dropped. And the console wars will rage and the ban hammers will drop. It will be a GLORIOUS crescendo of games raging banning and awesomeness .

EDIT: Oh and GAF will probably crash too ...

Some Nobody

Originally, Sony came last but I swapped it about to give some sense of continuity to the whole thing. I've made some additions since then so the structure's not as strong as when I first made it.

As to why MS is first? I've always lived by the "least interesting first, most interesting last" philosophy. The same reason you save your dessert until the end.

Top Bottom