• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rock Band 4 {GAF} Wishlist Thread

ViciousDS

Banned
untitled-1ztu5z.png

Last Batch Added: Post #

Hey everyone! If you haven't been tuning into the RB4 thread we have been making a Spotify wish list using a new set of rules once a week. The thread ended up being more lists of songs people wanted than actual news.......it kind of made a few Gaffers annoyed since every time the thread got bumped, they thought official news had been post (or new songs announced ). Nicholas from Harmonix even listens in to see what the Gaffers are interested in.

So far we have accumulated

Songs: 320
Playtime: 25.5 hours

of listening pleasure.

Current Rules
------------------------------

Punk Week, 3 Pack of Punk songs

Past Rules
-----------------------------

5 Pack variety
3 Pack of Songs from the same Artist - 1 pack only
Song from a Movie soundtrack....Just 1 song.
One song you absolutely hate.....but would go really well with the rock band setup.

Playlist link
--------------------------------
https://open.spotify.com/user/viciousds/playlist/6Y3Xz94yZ5kbPDXBoXVOb0

DLC Search tool, make sure to see if the song has already been in the game before making your list!
----------------------------------
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/legacy-songs/

Cut off for joining in the fun is roughly midnight Sunday CST, but if you get them in before I wake up to post the cutoff then I will usually add them! After that a new set of rules will be made by Tuesday on what to add to the playlist next!

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I feel like OP should link to a list of songs that already appeared on Rock Band, DLC or otherwise. That way we just don't look silly when picking.

Unless this is all in good fun and nobody really cares about redundancies.

Well, any song from Porcupine Tree. Really. At this stage in RB's lifetime, any song from them would be awesome.

But I have to list 3 songs... Let me see... Without thinking too much they could be:

Lightbulb Sun - Porcupine Tree
Dark Matter - Porcupine Tree
Deadwing - Porcupine Tree

I'm on mobile data so I can update the post later with links. Sorry for now, but I really felt like posting regardless.

Blues1990

I would love some songs from Ninja Sex Party, Steel Panther, & Tupper Ware Remix Party. That would be the tits.

LCD Soundsystem Pack 1 -
Losing My Edge
All My Friends
Dance Yrself Clean

Movement & Yeah (Crass) also good picks, since they're closer to the 4-instrument Rock Band sound.

CJCW

If I can do multiple packs in one post, then I've got a few suggestions of bands that haven't been in any of the games yet.

Biffy Clyro
Stingin' Belle
Living is a Problem...
There's No Such Thing...

Manchester Orchestra
Choose You
Virgin
Shake It Out

Cloud Nothings
Separation
I'm Not Part of Me
Hey Cool Kid

Time to get some fucking Brand New in there.

Brand New - Sowing Season (Yeah)
Brand New - You Won't Know
Brand New - Noro

Lot of choices I'd put on there, honestly.
I would've put (Fork and Knife) on there but it really needs keys.

Read this and thought, "must be crazy, there HAS to be Brand New DLC already". Shocked to see they've never had any.

Read this and thought, "must be crazy, there HAS to be Brand New DLC already". Shocked to see they've never had any.
Yeah, it's a big gap in the library for me.

YES. Just any Brand New for the love of god. Still shocked there hasnt been any in RB yet. A lot of their songs are perfect for the game.

Yeah, I could've picked like a dozen songs, honestly!

I went with Separation as a personal pick, but now that I think about it, I realize it's an instrumental. Maybe Wasted Days is a better choice.
Understood, but then again there should be space for instrumentals too. I'd love to see more surf rock for instance.

ViciousDS

Banned
If I can do multiple packs in one post, then I've got a few suggestions of bands that haven't been in any of the games yet.

Biffy Clyro
Stingin' Belle
Living is a Problem...
There's No Such Thing...

Manchester Orchestra
Choose You
Virgin
Shake It Out

Cloud Nothings
Separation
I'm Not Part of Me
Hey Cool Kid

just one pack at a time for now

Couldn't find theres no such thing on Spotify however for your first trio

Well, any song from Porcupine Tree. Really. At this stage in RB's lifetime, any song from them would be awesome.

But I have to list 3 songs... Let me see... Without thinking too much they could be:

Lightbulb Sun - Porcupine Tree
Dark Matter - Porcupine Tree
Deadwing - Porcupine Tree

I'm on mobile data so I can update the post later with links. Sorry for now, but I really felt like posting regardless.

sadly only deadwing is on spotify

Yeah Yeah Yeahs:

Phenomena
Down Boy
Dull Life

-

I hope it's okay that I didn't link to audio of the songs I'm on mobile. I really wanted to include Zero but I'm not sure how that would be for a band to play.

Inumbris

Dream Theater Pack 01 (A.K.A. The Hand Killer):

Under a Glass Moon
As I Am
Home

It was REALLY hard for me to only pick 3 songs from 11 studio albums and an EP of great stuff. There's a DT song in the playlist already so I'm praying that a DLC pack like this gets in as well.

nictron

The Stroke - Automatic Stop, Under the Cover of Darkness, All The Time

Queens of the Stone Age - Fairweather Friends... Eh screw it, I just want all of ...like clockwork

Arcade Fire Pack 01-
Reflektor
No Cars Go
Wake Up

Radiohead Pack 01-
Paranoid Android
The National Anthem
Karma Police
There, There
Fake Plastic Trees
Optimistic

Radiohead Pack 02 (Sorry, I just really want them in RB)-
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Reckoner
Weird Fishes
Electioneering
Myxomatosis
Lucky

Ween Pack 01-
Push Th' Litte Daisies
Freedom of '75
Ocean Man

ViciousDS

Banned
Arcade Fire Pack 01-
Reflektor
No Cars Go
Wake Up

Radiohead Pack 01-
Paranoid Android
The National Anthem
Karma Police
There, There
Fake Plastic Trees
Optimistic

Radiohead Pack 02 (Sorry, I just really want them in RB)-
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Reckoner
Weird Fishes
Electioneering
Myxomatosis
Lucky

Ween Pack 01-
Push Th' Litte Daisies
Freedom of '75
Ocean Man

Cut off......

sorry guys! Been busy! We took 3rd in bowling....so theres positive news :).

This week is easy, single song!

Must be from a Movie Soundtrack, could be the theme, could be a song on the actual soundtrack. But it must be from a movie :).

You can even explain how it engaged you in the movie or even made you hate it, if you want to.

Must be from a Movie Soundtrack, could be the theme, could be a song on the actual soundtrack. But it must be from a movie :).

You can even explain how it engaged you in the movie or even made you hate it, if you want to.

Does this include songs that were already famous but then appeared in a movie (for example, Moonage Daydream in Guardians of the Galaxy)?

Bring Me The Horizon - Shadow Moses
A Day to Remember - Right Back at it Again
Killswitch Engage - In Due Time

just because i love this songs and they are in GH:L and not on RB4 =(

jond76

Banned
Cut off......

sorry guys! Been busy! We took 3rd in bowling....so theres positive news :).

Anything from the Streets of Fire soundtrack.

I'llllll saaaaay... Nowhere Fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=251zlGliwOQ

Oooorrrrr...Tonight is What it Means to be Young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCIrPJ6SBl4

Now I really want these.

Really.... (sobs).

ViciousDS

Banned
Does this include songs that were already famous but then appeared in a movie (for example, Moonage Daydream in Guardians of the Galaxy)?

its on the soundtrack....so course

Alright, fine.

Alright, I'm changing my choice to "Raise Your Hands" by Bon Jovi. It was in Spaceballs.

oh snap.....we haven't had that yet.....and I REALLY, REALLY WISH we got Let it Rock in RB3 for that accordion solo in the beginning,

Tregard

Soothsayer
*Deep Breath*

ViciousDS

Banned
*Deep Breath*

I am not sure what this is.......

Also new set of rules enabled!

Post the one song you absolutely hate.....but would go really well with the rock band setup.

For me, it has to be

Daughtry - "Home"

Can't fricken stand anything by that guy

Tregard

Soothsayer
I am not sure what this is.......

Also new set of rules enabled!

Post the one song you absolutely hate.....but would go really well with the rock band setup.

For me, it has to be

Daughtry - "Home"

Can't fricken stand anything by that guy

Apologies, misread the thread!

Apoc29

Santana w/Chad Kroeger - Why Don't You & I

because when I think of fiery Latin rhythms, I think of Chad Kroeger

ViciousDS

Banned
PUNK WEEEEEEEEEEEK

Whether its Pop-Punk, Punk, Punk Rock

give me your 3 pack of punk songs you would like to see in Rock Band