• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

Segata Sanshiro said:
Your thread idea is stupid and you have a poopy face and you poop your pants when you make your stupid poopy face.

If you write poop, would it show up in Scribblenauts... or is it considered vulgar? :D

Hawkian said:
THIS IS A SEQUENCE OF BREAKDANCING BEARS.
*hotlinks*

Can we please just get back to discussing the game and not this poor fool?
and your links are poopy and broken and you poop your pants when you post the broken links

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I think I'm going to creepygif.com to see that gif and to thank them for not using goatse against hotlinking.

For new 100 post page:

I thought i'll make a list of people going to be in NYC for the Scribblenauts event at the Nintendo World Store. Just post if you're gonna be there, and I will add your name to the list.

The Boss Men:
1. Jackson aka Jeremiah
2. Edy
3. Marius
4. Joe
5. Other 5th Cellers, as yet unnamed?

Courageous Scribblenauts:
1. iamcool388
2. Dacvak (I'll probably be wearing a black sports jacket with either a t-shirt or polo shirt on under it.)
3. Jow Shlabotnik
4. GregLombardi
5. Vyse The Legend
6. WowBaby (Dont forget to say hello to his son and wish him a speedy recovery!)
7. atomsk
8. jrricky
9. -PXG- (look for a black dude in a black and gold hoody and a tan messenger back.)
10. ShinoguTakeruKoeru
11. Poweld + friends (look for the tallish Jewboy with curly hair) :lol
12. AzureJericho (just be on the lookout for a tall black guy wearing matching brown or blue.)

It would be nice to have a bunch of Gaffers there. Let me know if I should add (or remove) your name to the list.

Blizzard

Banned
Good call again about the E10 thing, wow.

Dorfdad said:
NO SHITTING HERE but if you type in NEOGAF in game the logo appears. You can ride it and if you interact with it a boy with a SNES pad on his shirt appears.

Image proof taken on iPhone.
I don't know if you're using humor that's too subtle for me, but we knew that forever ago, and if you suddenly came in to post that you have the game without explaining how, I think it's a bad time. :lol

whatdidyousay said:
Why are you guys attacking him for having the game? It's been out for 2 days here in NYC already...
Uh, what? The NYC launch is Sunday at the Nintendo World Store. And no one was attacking him for having the game. The problem was that he DIDN'T have the game. :p

And about the thread idea, I think there would be too many people disappointed about words not in the game. *shrug* We'll have enough negativity when the time comes. I mean, who really thinks the game WON'T be worth $28, or $29 at Toys R Us with the $15 gift card?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hawkian said:
Hehe. I have an idea for a thread once we all have our hands on the game that I'm sure I won't be able to make as a lowly junior, but maybe somebody else will be able to indulge me.

It'd go something like this: Every post, name one thing that you are disappointed to find doesn't exist in Scribblenauts (or something you expected to find but wasn't there), and one thing that you were surprised to find does exist (something you didn't expect to be there that was).

Might be fun and give lots of ideas of things to try, whaddya say?

Not for me, I'm sorry. I aim to focus wholly on what I can do in the game and not waste my time looking for disappointment, or reading what others claim to have found disappointing or missing.

It looks to me to be a game to be played for awesome fun and not for nitpicking. So count me out.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
no one commented on the NEOGAF inclusion in the game? Also for the record this is out in some place (not illegally) Street dates are broken all the time and for the record the game is fantastic.

All you haters need to quite gaming. It's unique, cute and very creative!!

Booh all you haters and ultra l33t aholes...

EDIT: I didn't know you knew about the neogaf inclusion sorry I didn't read the entire thread.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
blah.

I knew about the NeoGAF inclusion, but didn't know about it spawning a game player dude if you interacted with it.

Blizzard

Banned
Dorfdad said:
no one commented on the NEOGAF inclusion in the game? Also for the record this is out in some place (not illegally) Street dates are broken all the time and for the record the game is fantastic.

Booh all you haters and ultra l33t aholes...
I just commented above on that. And we were only hating on the guy because he was using an R4 apparently and didn't have the game itself.

If you have the game, do you mind posting a picture of the cartridge and box? Yes, street dates are broken, but if they broke the street date it's not really "legally" out. *shrug*

Meh, I can't see that thread idea going off to well. It would just become a thread on what isn't in the game mainly and who would want to read it? Probably better off just to make a post in the official thread since I'm sure people will be posting what they can and can't type here as that's the big part of the game. :lol

Oh, and your gif's can't be hotlinked it looks like.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
phisheep said:
focus wholly on what I can do in the game and not waste my time looking for disappointment
/
It looks to me to be a game to be played for awesome fun and not for nitpicking. So count me out.

Way to ignore half of the idea. Man.

Sometimes with all of the rampant civility around the threads I frequent, I forget that it is indeed an internet forum.

post above about it not going off well

Yeah, you're probably right. 'Twas just a thought. Thank you for treating me with decency and not like a mongrel :D

Firestorm

Blizzard said:
I just commented above on that. And we were only hating on the guy because he was using an R4 apparently and didn't have the game itself.

If you have the game, do you mind posting a picture of the cartridge and box? Yes, street dates are broken, but if they broke the street date it's not really "legally" out. *shrug*
Street dates aren't law.

Hawkian said:
Way to ignore half of the idea. Man.

Sometimes with all of the rampant civility around the threads I frequent, I forget that it is indeed an internet forum.
and your dissatisfaction with the quality of posters in this thread is poopy and you poop your pants while you express it

Blizzard said:
Uh, what? The NYC launch is Sunday at the Nintendo World Store.

Uh, yes. If the NWS has a Saturday/Sunday launch, that game is usually available at smaller game stores the Thursday/Friday before. Like I said, it's been out for 2 days already.

Gio_CoD

Banned
I've got an idea if you want to catch him. He's already posted a video off-screen of him playing. If he wants to prove that cartridge is the real deal, have him post a video of the DS turned off, him inputting the cartridge (after showing the camera the front of it), then turning the DS on. If it goes to the scribblenauts screen, he's legit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
segata said:
lots of poop stuff

Oh no, my good man, this thread contains some of my favoritest posters on GAF.

dojokun said:
I wonder if the word "Scribblenauts" is in the game.

It is, and I believe spawns a non-functional clone of Maxwell or so?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gio_CoD said:
I've got an idea if you want to catch him. He's already posted a video off-screen of him playing. If he wants to prove that cartridge is the real deal, have him post a video of the DS turned off, him inputting the cartridge (after showing the camera the front of it), then turning the DS on. If it goes to the scribblenauts screen, he's legit.

he's already been caught because the box art, esrb rating, and game code are fake :p

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Dorfdad said:

I suspect maybe you have been reading a different GAF in a strange parallel universe.

Throughout the course of two wholly awesome threads (except for the recent minor glitch) I think I can count the number of haters on the fingers of one boob.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
But wait... boobs don't have fingers...

Oh well. *shrug*

eapmq9.gif
eapmq9.gif

eapmq9.gif
eapmq9.gif

lesson learned etc.

poweld said:
Wait, WHAT. I'll be in NYC. Have a bus to catch @ 1:30 back to Boston... I think it's totally doable, what about you guys?

There are a bunch of us who will be there... Will you be there for sure? I will then add you to the list.

atomsk

Party Pooper
picked up a DSi today to finally replace my DS Phat in anticipation of Sunday

99% sure i'll be there

if you see this orange hat, feel free to say whats up
9fpqc4.jpg

-PXG-

poweld said:
Wait, WHAT. I'll be in NYC. Have a bus to catch @ 1:30 back to Boston... I think it's totally doable, what about you guys?

(google maps link)

I'll need to find SOME form of ride there. Going back for me is no problem. I can take the train to Newark and then a bus back to MSU. If I need to, I'll ask one of my roommates to take me there. If not, oh well, guess I will have to miss out :(

poweld

iamcool388 said:
There are a bunch of us who will be there... Will you be there for sure? I will then add you to the list.
I've talked to the people I'm visiting, and I think it's safe to put us down. We're ready for this jelly. :D

Blizzard

Banned
Firestorm said:
Street dates aren't law.
Yeah, it's presumably just an agreement that publishers can't hold stores to. I was just meaning it's not generally available and thus the sentiment of "you haters need to shut up" doesn't apply...it's more like "some small stores have broken street dates in NYC, and if he happens to live there, maybe he got one". He didn't even claim to have done that though, he claimed it was a review copy.

But I still want the guy who took a picture to post his cartridge, since he IS claiming he got it from a store that broke street date, no? And surely he's not just using an R4?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'll probably be wearing a black sports jacket with either a t-shirt or polo shirt on under it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You guys are all so classy.

I'll probably be wearing sweatpants and tearfully refreshing this thread every 10 minutes to see if you've posted any pics yet. =P

I wont be carrying a camera, anyone planning on bringing a camera?

Edit: This is only the second time I will be going to a gaming related event I think. The first was the NYC launch of MGS4, to which Kojima and Yumi Kikuchi had come... I remember I waited for 11-12 hours in line for that. :lol

Blizzard

Banned
I'll be wearing a trenchcoat, and I'll let you guess what's under it!

nothing

Just kidding, I'm like 3000 miles from New York, stop fleeing in terror! :p

hort22

so has anyone actually ever used amazon release day delivery...i am paying for that and it shows not shipped yet...when do they get their copies and what will they do overnight it or something?

EzLink

Banned
Wow, this thread has certainly become memorable

At any rate, I'm so pumped that there are only four days left :D Probably gonna go with TRU though because of the $15 gift card so no rooster hat for me (sad face!) but damn, next week is gonna be great :D

Too bad embargo isn't lifted sooner

I have 2 question about a situation which might occur. Lets say you get a chainsaw, or an escalator.

1. Can only Maxwell use these items, or can other people also use it?
2. Can their orientation be changed? Like when the starite is on top of a tree... if I get an escalator going up towards the right, can I turn it around and make it go up towards the left?

poweld

iamcool388 said:
I wont be carrying a camera, anyone planning on bringing a camera?

Edit: This is only the second time I will be going to a gaming related event I think. The first was the NYC launch of MGS4, to which Kojima and Yumi Kikuchi had come... I remember I waited for 11-12 hours in line for that. :lol
Will definitely be bringing a camera. We could meet up on a corner or something at a certain time... might be easier than "look for the tallish Jewboy with curly hair", etc. ;)

Top Bottom