• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

mj1108 said:
You know who really should be at the NYC event: Feep.

Do you know if he lives in NYC? Here is the list for the new 100 post page:

iamcool388 said:
I thought i'll make a list of people going to be in NYC for the Scribblenauts event at the Nintendo World Store. Just post if you're gonna be there, and I will add your name to the list.

The Boss Men:
1. Jackson aka Jeremiah
2. Edy
3. Marius
4. Joe
5. Other 5th Cellers, as yet unnamed?

Courageous Scribblenauts:
1. iamcool388
2. Dacvak (I'll probably be wearing a black sports jacket with either a t-shirt or polo shirt on under it.)
3. Jow Shlabotnik
4. GregLombardi
5. Vyse The Legend
6. WowBaby (Dont forget to say hello to his son and wish him a speedy recovery!)
7. atomsk
8. jrricky
9. -PXG- (look for a black dude in a black and gold hoody and a tan messenger back.)
10. ShinoguTakeruKoeru
11. Poweld + friends (look for the tallish Jewboy with curly hair) :D
12. AzureJericho (just be on the lookout for a tall black guy wearing matching brown or blue.)
13. Jipan (I'll be wearing white and black Puma sneakers and a brown necklace with amber and silver beads that have spikes (no I'm not goth), also I'll be sporting a camera either around my neck in a bag.)

It would be nice to have a bunch of Gaffers there. Let me know if I should add (or remove) your name to the list.

HUELEN10

My friend says he just saw it at the Walmart! :O

I'm gonna call them up, so wish me luck! I already have it paid in full at GameStop, but I want it now!

HUELEN10 said:

I'm gonna call them up, so wish me luck! I already have it paid in full at GameStop, but I want it now!

Let us know how it goes... and if you get it, we'll need the address of the store as well ;-)

Blizzard

Banned
HUELEN10 said:

I'd check mine, except I'm pretty sure mine sucks at getting games by release dates. :mad:

HUELEN10

Wal-Mart Supercenter
13490 Beach Blvd
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32224

I called and spoke to a bonnie in the electronics department and she says she has it in. I asked how many copies, and she said "plenty". Now I am currently about 200 miles away, so I am asking one of my former roommates to pick this up for me. If any of you are in the area and can pick this up, I wish you luck. Hopefully we can all get it a little early!

Wal-Mart is great for getting games in early sometimes. I got Wario Ware Inc almost a full week before release back in 2003. The rest is history...:D

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Sew said:
Terrible commercial :lol Very American.

Come on Aussie release. See you in a month I guess. >_<

I don't understand. What's wrong with the commercial, why is it American, and why is that said in a derogatory tone?

Volcynika

BorkBork said:
I don't understand. What's wrong with the commercial, why is it American, and why is that said in a derogatory tone?

He's just angered at being in Australia, clearly, and wants to take it out on America!

-PXG- said:
I love this game so much. I can't put it down.

I hate you Mr. Gamestop. I know someone else who scored a copy from a special place in NYC
Chinatown
and is stuck in one level... I'll spoiler it, just in case.

He says he cant cross a hurricane, whatever that means.

I'm going over tomorrow to his place and play
steal
it. :D :D :D

Blizzard

Banned
-PXG- said:
I love this game so much. I can't put it down.
Did you get it from an early NYC store or an FL store?

Aww, I'm like a 3 hour drive from that Florida store. I don't know that it'd be THAT worth it...but I dunno...lol.

*edit* Who am I kidding. If FloridaGAF doesn't buy that store clean, I guess I'll see if my car dies on a road trip tomorrow. :lol I'll call a bunch of other Wal-mart's first though.

Need advice GAF.

Should I wait for the Nintendo World Store event, or break down and get Scribblenauts right now? Pricing is not an issue, its the same.

-PXG-

I'm not at GameStop anymore. A buddy of mine here at school got a copy. Playing his right now :D I've had it since early this afternoon.

I'm not going to go in any details or spoil anything. This game is amazing. I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight.

HUELEN10

Firestorm said:
2ecjk8p.gif

iamcool388 said:
Need advice GAF.

Should I wait for the Nintendo World Store event, or break down and get Scribblenauts right now? Pricing is not an issue, its the same.
What I would do is buy the game early at a store that has it right now, keep the receipt, buy it once more at Nintendo World, and then return the Nintendo World copy to where you bought the first one.

It's perfectly legal, it's the same amount of money in the end, and will let you play it sooner!

Kade

Razdor had a pretty cool avatar. I'd like to have it if I'm allowed. Any objections from the moderators because they have the final say.

HUELEN10 said:
2ecjk8p.gif

What I would do is buy the game early at a store that has it right now, keep the receipt, buy it once more at Nintendo world, and then return that copy to where you bought the first one.

It's perfectly legal, it's the same amount of money in the end, and will let you play sooner!

I think i'll buy it tonight... and then get a poster signed by 5th cell at NWS on Sunday. I dont like returning games. :-(

But at least i'll get to play all weekend!!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
iamcool388 said:
I think i'll buy it tonight... and then get a poster signed by 5th cell at NWS on Sunday. I dont like returning games. :-(

But at least i'll get to play all weekend!!

Uh, buy two. Duh. Give one to someone for Christmas. =D

By the way, I have confirmed that I'll be at Nintendo World 100% now. I'm bringing a friend, too.

Maybe Jackson can answer this. Or find out for me if they play it early.

I was thinking about the game, (the level with the robot zombies to be specific.) and how I might try and beat it.

I was thinking if you spawned a tesla coil and put a Faraday cage around the player he'd be safe but the robots would die from the electricity. Wonder if that or Faraday cage will work.

I was sorely tempted to try and find it after work today (I suspect VGNY would have it) but I resisted. Nintendo World Store event should be pretty fun, and I probably wouldn't be motivated to go if I already had the game.

-PXG- said:
:lol @ at this game. I can't believe the shit I'd already done.

Spill it!

My friend said he is using the Jetpack a lot lol... I guess there is tons of flying to be done? Also, he put a toaster in a swimming pool to kill fish. :lol :lol

Very soon... very soon. I will have it too.
Hopefully the guy will deliver tonight!

HBroward

I live about seven miles from the previously mentioned Walmart. I was going to wait for Tuesday for the Toys R Us $15 giftcard deal, but this is rather tempting. I'll probably just hype my friend into buying it tonight so I can check it out. :lol

HUELEN10

Forkball said:
Is there any way to search which Walmarts have Scribblenauts in stock already?
None whatsoever since it's still on pre-order status at walmart.com. Your best and only bet is to call, hope, and get there fast!

Also hope they dont know not to sell it until the 15th. i called and they said they can't sell it until Tuesday.

Toys R Us here ahs it already also, but no selling until the 15th

-PXG-

jrricky said:
Yes I am close to these cities. I'm in Orange actually.

WTF went on in here?

Check your PMs

Anyway, for example, I made Abe Lincoln, gave him a shotty and made him fight to the death with the Yeti. Abe won.

jrricky

Banned
-PXG- said:
Check your PMs

Anyway, for example, I made Abe Lincoln, gave him a shotty and made him fight to the death with the Yeti. Abe won.
Oh god, I hate to say this to you...I'm taking the train at Newark Penn station. :-/

If my car was in great shape I would, even though I hate driving in New York (it costs too much), I would have. So sorry. :-/

Blizzard

Banned
Hey, can one of the people who is close to that Florida wal-mart do me a huge favor? If you get it tonight or tomorrow morning, can you PLEASE PM me so I know whether to go or not? I don't want to do a 6-hour road trip if there's a chance of them not selling it. :lol It would be great to have over the weekend, but I can still wait.

Volcynika

Blizzard said:
Hey, can one of the people who is close to that Florida wal-mart do me a huge favor? If you get it tonight or tomorrow morning, can you PLEASE PM me so I know whether to go or not? I don't want to do a 6-hour road trip if there's a chance of them not selling it. :lol It would be great to have over the weekend, but I can still wait.

Patience is a lost virtue~

Forkball

So I called Walmart...

Me: Hello, I am checking to see if you have a video game in stock.
Guy: Ok, which one.
Me: Scribblenauts for Nintendo DS.
Guy: HUH?!
Me: Scribblenauts, for the Nintendo DS.
Guy: Let me check.

He then put me on hold for ten minutes so I just hung up since I wouldn't get there before they closed anyways. I will call again tomorrow, hopefully I get someone less incompetent.

-PXG-

jrricky said:
Where do you go to college man?

PM again

I decided to make Plutonium. I dropped it on people...it turned them into mutants. :D

Also, the first world has some pretty difficult stages already. I beat all of the "Puzzle" stages in the first world, but the "Action" ones are a real pain in the ass to figure out.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Damn, some of you are crazy impatient. I'm probably one of the bigger fans of the game, but I'm not going insane waiting a couple more days. Chill out.

HUELEN10

So, BTW I only know this because I saw a screen posted on an imageboard...
possible spoiler

Why is virgin and gamer the same thing?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Btw, just so you know who I am at the Scribblenauts launch, that's me playing the piano. (The big piano, not the drum machine one.) I'm the dude in the striped polo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwATceCEwQ

Top Bottom