• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

-PXG-

iamcool388 said:
I have 2 question about a situation which might occur. Lets say you get a chainsaw, or an escalator.

1. Can only Maxwell use these items, or can other people also use it?
2. Can their orientation be changed? Like when the starite is on top of a tree... if I get an escalator going up towards the right, can I turn it around and make it go up towards the left?

1) Yes. Other people can use items. Have you seen God vs Cthulhu?
2) You can change the direction an object faces, but pushing L or R.

Foxix Von

Awesome! Just got my first paycheck for small shift at my new job. Was just enough to finally put a full reserve on Scribblenauts :D

I was SO freakin' sold after pax, I can't wait! Darn good commercial too.

VQ

IceMarker

:lol @ NeoGAF ball
Kudos 5th Cell for your fanservice to GAF!

Hey guys, what happens if you type in "Jackson"? Our favorite 5th Cell GAF member?

toonhead2

Neo Member
Cool commercial, seems like the rumors were true. I was going after the toys r us special but the closest one to me closed few years ago, guess I have to wait for my amazon order or see if I could make the party.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
MrMister said:
Hey guys, what happens if you type in "Jackson"? Our favorite 5th Cell GAF member?

No idea of course (I have to wait to 9th October).

But I like to imagine that Maxwell will turn to you, wink slowly, and raise his finger to his lips - 'shhh'.

jarosh

my copy shipped with fedex. should be here monday morning/afternoon (euro time), which is sunday night, very early monday morning for most of you i think. can't believe i might play this before most people in the US. weird. i never ever pre-order games or buy them at full price (AND have them shipped with fedex!). huge exception... for scribblenauts ;)

Haven't used my DS in so long that the battery completely died. But voila.

20iyvcl.jpg

poweld said:
We could meet up on a corner or something at a certain time...

There is a Citibank at the corner... lets gather there. Also, what time should be meet up there? The launch is at 11, so how about... 10?

-PXG-

iamcool388 said:
There is a Citibank at the corner... lets gather there. Also, what time should be meet up there? The launch is at 11, so how about... 10?

PRONTO'S PIZZA!!!!

You don't need to meet that early. There probably won't be long lines til later anyway. At least, that is how it was for Muramasa.

Azure J

Wait, there's another event at Nintendo World for Scribblenauts this Sunday? *Hasn't kept up to date since he can't regularly use a PC*

Oh man, I want to say I can come by, but I'm not too sure. :/

If I do, just be on the lookout for a tall black guy wearing matching brown or blue. :lol

-PXG-

AzureJericho said:
Wait, there's another event at Nintendo World for Scribblenauts this Sunday? *Hasn't kept up to date since he can't regularly use a PC*

If I do, just be on the lookout for a tall black guy wearing matching brown or blue. :lol

All of us who went to Muramasa (even though we didn't actually meet) all happened to be black. Funny :lol

AzureJericho said:

Added you as well. Try and come... the more the merrier!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized that although this comes out on the 15th, my Amazon order isn't scheduled to ship until the 21st.

I had a number of discounts in that lowered the price (shipped) to $23.79, but fuck that noise, I'm going to pick this game up in store day ONE.

rhino4evr

Monroeski said:
I just realized that although this comes out on the 15th, my Amazon order isn't scheduled to ship until the 21st.

I had a number of discounts in that lowered the price (shipped) to $23.79, but fuck that noise, I'm going to pick this game up in store day ONE.

dont sweat it, thats usually just a place holder. Last game i ordered it told me mine wouldn't ship until a week after the release date, and instead it shipped a few days before. I had it two days after the stores did.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
From the YouTube comments:

"Razdor007 (1 hour ago)

btw guys, I never used any pirated version, still, i really hope you guys enjoyed the pictures i could get to you, dont have the game now."

:lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hawkian said:
How are they getting it?

Can't believe some people actually already have retail copies of this game.
It's the internet... (But apparently the guy above has it?)

I've been following the game because I'm interested, but sold my DS long ago.
Waiting on GAF impressions.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Plenty of non-pirates are apparently getting to, also.

I think ultimately the decision tends to rest on the mood of the pimple-faced game store employee at the given moment you ask. :'(

Magnus

I tried it out at work for an hour or so; it is as everyone who's played it has already said, one of the most joyous and enjoyable gaming experiences you've ever had. I'm in love.

With a piece of software.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hazaro said:
So apparently people are dumping the word list.

My vocabulary is expanding.

wat

mj1108

dojokun said:
My dream is when an AO rated version of this game is made.

So you can solve everything with boobs and penises?

EDIT: Picking up 2 copies on Tuesday... one for me and one for my brother who only said he was "thinking" about getting it. I'm going to make damn sure he gets it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've got to ride three and a half miles to my local GameStop and back in a two hour break between classes on Tuesday. Fun times. But oh god will it be worth it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The_Technomancer said:
I've got to ride three and a half miles to my local GameStop and back in a two hour break between classes on Tuesday. Fun times.

Screw class. This is SCRIBBLENAUTS.

mj1108 said:
Picking up 2 copies on Tuesday... one for me and one for my brother who only said he was "thinking" about getting it. I'm going to make damn sure he gets it.
:lol You take and you like you son of a bitch

Johann

mj1108 said:
Picking up 2 copies on Tuesday... one for me and one for my brother who only said he was "thinking" about getting it. I'm going to make damn sure he gets it.

I'm practically supplying the game to my family.

5th Cell, this better be the best game ever or I'm cut off from the family inheritance!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ZealousD said:
From the YouTube comments:

"Razdor007 (1 hour ago)

btw guys, I never used any pirated version, still, i really hope you guys enjoyed the pictures i could get to you, dont have the game now."

:lol

before kids reach puberty, they have a mental inability to fathom responsibility. you catch a five year old with his hand in the cookie jar, and he's probably going to lie and say it was someone else. even if you caught him red-handed, and he's got chocolate on the sides of his lips, and everyone else in the house has a chocolate allergy.

i'm surprised the kid was bright enough to get through the coppa age filter that prompts you for your date of birth when you register for gaf, though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I will not be at the NYC event. Just thought everyone should know that. I know you all expected me.

Top Bottom