• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Snitch: Sony is working on God of War Ragnarök DLC

Pelta88

tumblr_mmz11hfqgk1s3558do1_400.gif

Astray

Gold Member
If this is true then Jim Ryan and Co are huge dumbasses.

Part of God of War's success (and Horizon/Spider Man etc) is that they are prestige experiences that don't come every year, diluting that with "DLCs" is just deeply dumb and will introduce brand fatigue.

You can already see it happening with Spider Man 2 and how people reacted to what isn't bad footage per se, just very very diminished by the fact that we have just had a Spider Man game like 3 years ago.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Still haven’t played Ragnarok and doubt I will any time soon. The reboot is fantastic but I went back and played it again last year and platinumed it so I kind of burnt myself out.

sainraja

I am not sure why people are so against Atreus. He's going to get his own game sooner or later and a good way to introduce him him is via DLC, hopefully older and more mature. I think that is what they have been leading up to anyway.

midnightAI

I am not sure why people are so against Atreus. He's going to get his own game sooner or later and a good way to introduce him him is via DLC, hopefully older and more mature. I think that is what they have been leading up to anyway.
Agreed, although I would think it would be a spin off rather than dlc

El Sueño

Playable Thor DLC exploring his relationship with his father and showing how Atreus and Kratos are in a dangerous and misterious situation as clifhanger for next game.

Mr Hyde

Kratos needs to go to South America and battle with the Aztec gods, as was hinted in Ragnarok. No more Atreus or Norse mythology. Move on.

Certinty

No thanks.

I liked the 2018 game and even platinumed it but Ragnarok was… not good.

Crap story, awful pacing and don’t get me started on how bad what should have been the most epic part of the game should have been at the end.

Perrott

Gold Member
Why is everyone assuming this is true all of the sudden? Wasn't The Snitches account purchased by someone else and is no longer an insider?

I thought this was common knowledge.
No, it wasn't.

A some months ago he showed up for an interview on Spain's biggest gaming Twitch show and, behind the scenes and before going live and all, he provided the dudes there with receipts that he was indeed the real Snitch. Hell, there's even pictures of the man sitting at the front row of one of Sony's E3 press conferences from either 2013, 2014 or 2015.

Top Bottom