• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Worldwide Livestream [*Over*]

This is the same Mark Burnett that created Apprentice, The Voice and Survivor? What the hell is he doing producing the VGA's? Surely he's got enough money that he doesn't have to stoop so low?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Geoff never said it would be a retro game. He said it would appeal to old-school game fans. Which Dark Souls obviously does.

It's marketing bullshit, but he didn't lie about anything. You have to remember he's a marketer foremost.
Yup. He did his job, nothing more. GAF's hatred for this guy borders on embarrassing at times.

Congrats to The Walking Dead. I had such a good time with that game. Aside from Journey which I can't speak to since I haven't played it yet, I strongly felt TWD was the most deserving of the nominees. Also because Xenoblade wasn't nominated.

What was the retro game Geoff was talking about? I understood some game that Geoff loved to play many moons ago was making a return........What was it?

Castlevania: LOS2 is the rather obvious one, despite the fact that this already happened with the first Lords of Shadow.

Btw: shouldn't Konami show off Contra on of these days? Has that project been canned or something?

Looks like I was unfortunately right. Five exclusive reveals seemed a bit too ambitious to hope for, especially without new hardware being revealed. Maybe next year.

Because 99% of GAF is blaming Geoff for the 5 unannounced games, when he was not the one who said that. Mods really need to change the thread title, people were posting that and the title got edited so I took it as fact myself. Unless they're leaving it for the next-gen and retro-game statements that Geoff made of which nothing came of (apparently)?
Same, now I feel like a dick. And ya, change the title... makes us look like idiots.

iBuzz7S

Banned
Ha! As mentioned, the Wiki page is copping it hard at the moment.

487d189a046796f364ee4e386fbfa2d3.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Video_Game_Awards#2012_Awards

Refresh for updates. Good for a laugh.

Geoff never said it would be a retro game. He said it would appeal to old-school game fans. Which Dark Souls obviously does.

It's marketing bullshit, but he didn't lie about anything. You have to remember he's a marketer foremost.

Dark Souls is not an "old-school" game.

At all.

Gorillaz

I still don't get why people were going off on wanting him banned. He's a PR guy so of course he meant to overhype it.

The retro/old school game thing was kind ehh....Clever if was basically referring to Dark Souls

EDIT: Next gen wise couldn't Phantom Pain basically be it?

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member

Didn't he say there would be a glimpse at next-gen?

Where was it?

Does anyone have a link to that thread, I can't find it.

Kade

Can we just get the pleasantries out of the way and take off the kid gloves?

Geoff, you are a lying cunt. Your reputation as a journalist is shot, your ability to coordinate anything even remotely entertaining is null. I am certain your corporate overlords arei pleased with the ratings in the core demographics, but this was your last chance and you pissed away what little goodwill you had left. I hope you're happy with yourself, because if you're not, I honestly don't know what al that hardwork kissing asses and peddling Doritos amounted to.

You left your kid gloves on.

Im stupid I guess......I just dont see the connection of Dark Souls 2 to old school gaming.

Can we just get the pleasantries out of the way and take off the kid gloves?

Geoff, you are a lying cunt. Your reputation as a journalist is shot, your ability to coordinate anything even remotely entertaining is null. I am certain your corporate overlords are pleased with the ratings in the core demographics, but this was your last chance and you pissed away what little goodwill you had left. I hope you're happy with yourself, because if you're not, I honestly don't know what al that hardwork kissing asses and peddling Doritos amounted to.

yz4Wy.jpg

Ra1den

Crazy. It's a huge TV show based off an ongoing comic book. I believe Activision is also working on an FPS game of it as well. Shit is everywhere.

Ha yeah, it's weird. I guess the name is so generic that it never registered in my brain, if I did happen to hear mention of it. I'll pick it up though, I do love ADV games.

Top Bottom