• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Worldwide Livestream [*Over*]

ironcreed

Banned
Hey, I am not even a hater. But if the Dorito Pope Dew effect is not on dislplay here, then I don't know what to say. Just sayin.'

yz4Wy.jpg

I believe it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I don't buy "old-school" as a synonym for "unforgiving".

But thats exactly what most people use it for, especially in the context of Dark Souls since its release.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Geoff should have corrected burnetts statements over the intewebs. its his show as well.

Technically, Burnett didnt lie either. He said something like "OMG ITS LIKE IF YOUAD ANNOUNCE A SHIT TON OF GREAT MOVIES AT THE OSCARS. A FIREWORRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK PEOPLEEEEE CAN YOU DIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIT."

And then USA today took that too literal.

FStop7

Banned
He never said 5 unannounced games, though the retro game thing was pretty weak.

Also, calling trailers of games and DLC that have been announced for months/years "World Premieres" is desperate.

The Souls games been described as harkening back to old-school games by media/gamers since Demon's Souls first came out.

Don't act like they haven't.

I'm not acting anything, but I don't have to accept someone else's flawed definition of a thing as gospel. I see the Souls games and games of their ilk as remarkably modern, as it happens.

And Geoff isn't an idiot. He knows what using the phrase "old-school" implies. Unless that was the point. (And no, I wasn't expecting Yoshi or anything crazy like that.)

Toma

I'm not acting anything, but I don't have to accept someone else's flawed definition of a thing as gospel. I see the Souls games and games of their ilk as remarkably modern, as it happens.

And Geoff isn't an idiot. He knows what using the phrase "old-school" implies. Unless that was the point. (And no, I wasn't expecting Yoshi or anything crazy like that.)

Of course that was the point. He says something ambiguous so he gets the community riled up to watch the show. The more people watch it, the more money he'll make. Easy.

Kusagari

He's being a marketer. That is his job. It's bullshit, but it's impossible to deny that the Souls games have been referenced as old-school numerous times.

His reference makes sense in that context, while he purposefully worded it to make people tune in for other things like a retro revival.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there a small summary of the show? Or what exactly was unveiled?

MarkusRJR

How the fuck did anyone think Sound Shapes was the best handheld game of the year? lol...

Does GT live in a world where Zero Escape: VLR, Persona 4: Golden, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, and Crashmo never existed?

Also, how did NSMBU beat Xenoblade? I don't even.

iammeiam

Is there a small summary of the show? Or what exactly was unveiled?

Trailer for something called "The Phantom Pain" by Moby Dick Studios which may or may not actually be MGSV

Trailer for Dark Souls 2

DLC Trailers

Half Life 2= Game of the Decade

Walking Dead = GOTY

Tenacious D closes the show singing in front of a winged flaming dong.

Empty

i feel bad for doritos pope. he brings two incredibly gaf friendly new announcements - kojima metal gear mystery game and dark souls 2 - and everyone here still hates him for some hyperbole by his colleague and semantics.

ChaosXVI

He intentionally led us on...there is no question in my mind about that. But the beauty of his work is he can still point to Dark Souls 2 and say "Well I clearly meant that, it's your fault for assuming otherwise"...ugh, stupid smooth-talking deceiver...

Seriously, he needs a tag, "The Doritos Pope of Deception".

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks, both of you. So what happened to announcing those five original titles? So nothing big from a western publisher got unveiled? Didn't expect that.

ah fuck it, moral of the story: i'm a gullible ass fuck. Kusagari, you're right- he's an expert marketeer. I've been so blind.

my sympathy for Keighley is non-existent now. No need to reply to Doritosgate, I'm with Rab 100% at this point.

Top Bottom