• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

TheOddOne

1p9use.png

3wtu58.png

How was S1?

Mixed bag.

I quite liked the episode set in the gas station, the Vampire SWAT team, the Rat Catcher and the Old Bloke. I also liked the structure of the season, strange aside episodes, bottle episodes etc...

On the other hand, the wig, terrible characters, why is the city not freaking out? etc...

Will watch in hopes it reaches the level of promise consistantly it shows in flashes.

Kevin

I enjoyed season one enough to watch season two. I really didn't like how stupid everyone was though. Also there were some really dlow and boring episodes in there as well.

Still the season two trailers have gotten me interested again.

raindoc

I'm looking forward to S2 as a guilty pleasure of sorts.

Yep. I dig the premise, but it doesn't really hold up.

As for what I expect from S2, in terms of making me enjoy it (Books and S1 Spoilers):
Quinlan. I need more of that guy. Easily the most interesting character in the book IMO. I think I remember some S2-spoilers mentioning that the guy we identified as Quintus in S1 actually isn't, but I'm not sure anymore?
Anyway: Bring on "the Born".

Season one had some stuff I'd always wanted to see in A vampire film/series. I really loved the flashbacks scenes that show how this came to be. It also had a few bad moments. I really don't think they should have showed the head vampires face till season 2 or 3. I loved using my imagination for what it looked like. Overall I was really high on season one.

Kuros

The vampire design is good but then they went and made the master vamp look like a reject from the Muppets. You can't have the big bad inducing laughter every time he's on the screen.

DrBo42

How was S1?

Well...

Absolutely awful. Some of the worst TV I've seen. It's a couple of steps below The Walking Dead even.

Terrible, though it often veered into "so bad it's good" territory.

Catastrophically bad.

The jab at TWD hurts your point.

The strain is far worse than any season of walking dead, and almost every other cable show.

It's truly abysmal.

This is my " hatewatch" show.

Yeah, it was pretty much a train wreck. To the point where it's pure comedy and frustration. Can't wait to see how bad this season is.

Camwi

The show is hardly perfect, but I found the first season enjoyable enough that I'm really looking forward to the second.

inm8num2

I'm still game - season one was campy, pulpy entertainment and a pretty good overall adaptation of the first book. Bring on season two.

Completely horrendous first season. Everyone makes impossibly stupid decisions constantly. The characters are just vile and unlikable caricatures. The creature design was cool though. Pretty much a hate watch show for me, so will check out season 2.

Somnia

Despite some pretty harsh words in here, but I had a lot of fun watching the first season. Is it perfect TV? No, but it's enjoyable and that's why I watch TV.

Completely horrendous first season. Everyone makes impossibly stupid decisions constantly. The characters are just vile and unlikable caricatures. The creature design was cool though. Pretty much a hate watch show for me, so will check out season 2.

This is exactly how I feel. I think the show was terrible but for some reason I can't stop watching it.

TimmmV

I will probably end up watching this, despite thinking the first series was really really stupid, it wasn't ever dull at least, and there was enough in the books to make me want to see how they film it for tv

Does this Season cover all of book 2? I remember Del Toro saying the show could be 5-6 seasons but there's only 3 books. S1 and Book 1 lined up together with some extras

Kevin

Thank god. I didn't want something like that on my conscience!

ha ha taking it you're not a fan of the show? I mean the show is more or less hot garbage but it was at least fun a times.

Also most of my favorite shows keep getting canceled so it's slim pickins these days for tv shows that I actually like.

Top Bottom