• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Robot Wars Z2-2 |OT| - Thread of Outgrowing Galaxies with Manly Tears

Beth Cyra

They revealed 00 exactly the same way it got revealed in the show. "Here you go Setsuna new mobile suit that uses GN drives from 0 Gundam and Gundam Exia. But we can't get it to work, so have fun." and then Setsuna shouts "Answer me 00! 0 Gundam is here, Exia is here, I am here! We are gundam!" and then it works.

That's cool to know. Hated OO after like three episodes so I have only seen bit and pieces of the whole thing.

Hell as it is, I've seen more OO Raiser and Reborns because of stuff like DWG3 and GvGNP/GEV then I have from them in the show. So with how loud and and crazy they are in these things the just "here it is" took my by surprise.

Disagree about the Wing thing though. While the weapons don't have a great deal of difference it is about presence and Wing Zero's has a sense of Strength/Speed and it's domination over everything in the series (aside from Epyon) that make it stand out, to me anyway.

TimeKillr

I finally got my copy!

And I didn't have to pay any import fees! I guess I got a customs agent at the Canada customs who likes me or something :)

I can't wait to play it tonight!

Shouta

I have a question. If I chose the melee variant for Brasta in Z2-1, will that choice be retained when I get him back in Z2-2?

They actually combine the two for the Brasta. When you get the upgrade (that everyone was expecting), you get a choice again.

Shouta

Finished the game last night and mmm, those last few stages are loaded with units on both sides. They're definitely setting up for Z3, so it's just a matter of time!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
FFFFFF

Just realized I missed a Skill Point, 5 stages ago...

Bah... well... luckily you don't need a perfect score for that one Emblem. I'll just need to go for that perfect score on my second playthrough.

Shouta

Never watched Gunbuster so I only have a very vague idea what that could even mean. Though I guess I kinda hope it means what I think it does.

It basically means that Z3 will be this series equivalent to Alpha 3. It'll be a lot of space related material and HOLY SHIT UNIVERSES AND EVERYTHING RAWR. More or less.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Never watched Gunbuster so I only have a very vague idea what that could even mean. Though I guess I kinda hope it means what I think it does.

Haven't finished game yet... but to be frank, considering that there's Gurren Langan, Shin Getter, Macross Frontier, Macross 7, and that they will probably have to do the Gundam 00 Movie (aliens, lol), its more than likely some kind of space/deep space thing is gonna kick in for a sequel.

Gunbuster and Diebuster wouldn't be that unlikely, honestly. And if you have any favorite mecha animes that involve space (and not really centered on an Earth scenario), those will probably be fair game too. (Would love to see Vandread, maybe the return of L-Gaim)

Beth Cyra

Haven't finished game yet... but to be frank, considering that there's Gurren Langan, Shin Getter, Macross Frontier, Macross 7, and that they will probably have to do the Gundam 00 Movie (aliens, lol), its more than likely some kind of space/deep space thing is gonna kick in for a sequel.

Gunbuster and Diebuster wouldn't be that unlikely, honestly. And if you have any favorite mecha animes that involve space (and not really centered on an Earth scenario), those will probably be fair game too. (Would love to see Vandread, maybe the return of L-Gaim)

I see.

Thanks for the info guys.

Jubern

Reading the Japanese wiki updated by 2ch, it looks like the If route choice does not appear automatically like in Z1. So be careful peeps.

Stage 25 finished just before sleep yesterday. sogood.gif

I need to find a way to put this game down without going mad.

Z3 has to feature Gunbuster and Diebuster,
specially considering the point at which they left Gurren's story.
It basically means that Z3 will be this series equivalent to Alpha 3. It'll be a lot of space related material and HOLY SHIT UNIVERSES AND EVERYTHING RAWR. More or less.
So what you are all saying is that I should finally watch Ideon so I can be ready.

blind51de

Banned
Vajra and Gishin are already good enough standins for the STMC and Buff Clan. I don't see Ideon or Gunbuster making it for Z3.

The end of TTGL is likely going to fill the hyper-cosmic void, plus whatever's going to do with the Dimension Generals and other dudes from the original plot.

hteng

Banned
just received my Brasta upgrade last night, and man what a disappointment, i chose melee initially but restart the stage again to choose range, the melee animation is just horrible and disappointing, the range one is less horrible because all it does is stand there and shoot/lightshows/fireworks..etc.

I don't know why the animation quality for certain mechs are horrible, probably because there are several teams handling different series. You can definitely spot the "styles" of specific teams.

Horrible Animations:

Brasta/Li-Brasta
Gundam Dunamis ? (Lockon's mech)
Nirvash
Some Lelouch enemy mechs
Balgora/Virgora (setsuko's machine)
Some original enemiy mechs (Exio?)
Aquarion (animation was so horrible i refused to sortie him)
Turn A gundam

Some excellent / holy shit animations:

Gundam Arios's improved trans AM (the dual personality dude from Gundam 00)
Gundam 00's trans AM and Huge ass sword attack
Some Gundam 00 big white MA enemy with claws and shit
Diamund (Original enemy, holy shit it turns into a centuar?!)
Nu Gundam's new attack (it's a homage to Nu vs Sazabi fight)
VF21's Fighter mode attack (all unload) and Robot mode attack (pinpoint barrier punch)
VF19 firebomber's attacks
Shin Getter 2's drill attacks
Arche Gundam (Ali), i was pretty blown away at the background blurring and silky smooth animation.
The Red dimensional beast with side blades, so damn brutal.
All macross frontier mech has awesome looking animation.
Most SRs have surprisingly good looking attacks and they have that retro look too.

Can anyone confirm the boost from Zero System?

Is it at par with other power ups or is it like W and a weaker SEED mode?

I read on gamefaqs that the Zero System will grow depending on your Will. It has increased stats for every 10 will, it increases shooting, melee, skill, evasion, defense. Heero's ace makes it activate at 110 will, which makes it pretty potent at early stages.

Beth Cyra

Sweet news about the Zero System.

Could be awesome even in later stages if you have the increased Will equiped on Heero.

Don't know how well it stacks up but even if it's not the at SEED level they still put some kick back into it after W.

Finally had Rand show up. His intro was fucking amazing, the only problem so far is it's the second theme and not the OMGAWESOME Landcrasher.

hteng

Banned
Sweet news about the Zero System.

Could be awesome even in later stages if you have the increased Will equiped on Heero.

Don't know how well it stacks up but even if it's not the at SEED level they still put some kick back into it after W.

Finally had Rand show up. His intro was fucking amazing, the only problem so far is it's the second theme and not the OMGAWESOME Landcrasher.

Rand is friggin awesome, i don't know why but he refuse to die at times, i once had him down to 100s HP and nothing could kill him (all 10s lol). The bad thing is
he leaves midway, i shouldn't have invested too much into him

Beth Cyra

Rand is friggin awesome, i don't know why but he refuse to die at times, i once had him down to 100s HP and nothing could kill him (all 10s lol). The bad thing is
he leaves midway, i shouldn't have invested too much into him

Really? Already did exactly that to damn it.

Mandoric

Banned
Fuck the skill point on the Black Ox mission. Had him lined up for his last kill, and he ran out of EN.

On the plus side, I found out that Basara can heal NPCs.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
i think
he and setsuko joins back later
, but i'm not quite sure, haven't got there yet lol... i wasn't too concern with it since i used the gold bug trick to get extra cash.

If a unit "leaves" and you don't get a refund, that generally means you'll get them back later. Its been like that for the last couple of SRW games.

hteng

Banned
sales number are out

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20120411058/

about 265k for the first week? does not include Digital copies, but it mentions that 90% of shipment was sold, so i guess that's close to 300k.

regardless, it's good profit for Banpresto since they reused like ... tons of animation from Z2.1 and this game wouldn't come out so fast if they made everything from scratch.

now Z3 might take a while if they are going to shift to HD (PS3 or VITA).

Tsukumo

Z3 has to feature Gunbuster and Diebuster,
specially considering the point at which they left Gurren's story.

I would kill to have Diebuster in this game

It's a three episode saga with excellent animation quality. The third chapter it's completely black and white and looks GORGEOUS.
Anyway, I think you would get a better impression of the show if you play Alpha 3 first, as the plot in the anime was rather uninteresting. The game lacks a huge chunk of plot because most of it was dealt with in the first Alpha, but the real treat is Noriko's (the main character) voice actress: a great perfomance and one of the most satisfying screams I've ever heard in SRW. You have never witnessed power-voice-acting until you heard her going BUSTAAAAAA BEEEEEAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjEBULKLys

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
It's a three episode saga with excellent animation quality. The third chapter it's completely black and white and looks GORGEOUS.
Anyway, I think you would get a better impression of the show if you play Alpha 3 first, as the plot in the anime was rather uninteresting. The game lacks a huge chunk of plot because most of it was dealt with in the first Alpha, but the real treat is Noriko's (the main character) voice actress: a great perfomance and one of the most satisfying screams I've ever heard in SRW. You have never witnessed power-voice-acting until you heard her going BUSTAAAAAA BEEEEEAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjEBULKLys

Gunbuster is a 6 episode saga, not 3. :p

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
On the last 10 stages.... doesn't look like I got the "other" route.

To those who've finished, did you manage to get the "other" route?

Also... Random Musing #3:
Dancougar Fistbump.

Jubern

On the last 10 stages.... doesn't look like I got the "other" route.

To those who've finished, did you manage to get the "other" route?

I got the optional dialogue between Roger & Dorothy in 27 so it looks like I'm on the right track for now... No guarantee, I'm only at stage 31.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I got the optional dialogue between Roger & Dorothy in 27 so it looks like I'm on the right track for now... No guarantee, I'm only at stage 31.

That's not mentioned on the wiki... where'd you get that info? Actually, better yet, what are the conditions to activate the other route, and what are the signs that you're doing it correctly (put them in spoiler tags!). Obviously, too late for me, but I plan on a 2nd playthrough anyway.

Jubern

It's all here : http://www14.atwiki.jp/srwz2nd2/pages/14.html
But it's in Japanese, obviously. I could translate if you want, but keep it mind that it's all specualtion.

People have found three differents "check points" during the game, events that may or may not occurs and are linked to Zero :
- Discussion between Roger and Dorothy in 27, about Zero and his true motivations;
- Shirley's fate in 38;
- Lelouch revealing himself to Chirico before the mission in 39.
It should be said though that some people got the first check point, but not the second.

I might be in the minority here, but I don't like complicated and obscure triggers for major pieces of content like the alternate ending route. In other words, it would be great if the "if" route was more straightforward to access.

I'm up to scenario 19 in Z2-2 with my usual challenge conditions, continuing from the Kummen route. Current progress is 95 turns / 18 scenarios.. so not doing too bad on turn counts. You also have to consider that the prologue turns count towards your total even though they aren't listed as a scenario. Since I took 9 turns to complete the prologue, the more accurate count is 86 turns / 18 scens. Here's the video playthrough link again. I'm still planning on covering every route split except the "if" ending route, because I probably won't meet the conditions. I'll probably have to play through the game again later to access that route.

Someone claims to have done a Z2-2 run with no upgrades/pp and no parts equipped. "Zzz yea no upgrade, no pp, no parts, I posted about it earlier also I did the same thing for hakai-hen too. hakai-hen was much harder." What do you guys think?

Shouta

I doubt he did a EX-hard run his first time through. Granted, a lot more units come with a few upgrades in this game compared to previous SRWs, the number of enemies and how strong they are shoot up towards the middle and the end. They designed many of the stages with continuous action and all the other PP skills in mind so. Even maxed out units in this aren't as all mighty as they are in other games so going no parts/no upgrades/no pp would be rather hard to believe without pictures.

Are you saying EX-Hard figuratively? There's no such mode in Z2 or Z2-2 to my knowledge.

I'm doing a no upgrade/no pp run myself, but I am using items because it makes my best real pilots (kamiyu, chirico, and gainer) better at dodge tanking. I can see how items could make the game easier later on with stuff like Halos, Platinum Emblem, free Love seishin every battle, etc.

Ok. Well I too would like to see pics (at least) of his run, at least up to the point I'm at. And turn counts.. and whether he save/load spammed, etc.

So what do you think of his statement that Hakai-hen was more difficult to no upgrade/no pp/no parts run than Saisei-hen?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Stage 54... almost done.

I really have no idea why, but ever since I first mentioned that the enemy is just naturally damaging Chirico and putting him in his "uber" state, I literally have been doing it every stage since then. His HP is set to a level 5 upgrade, as well as his Armor (for whatever unit he's in), and it goes without fail, its been activating every single stage. I laugh manically as I just shove him in the middle of an enemy formation and let them go to town, then let Chirico go to town.

Also, protip: When using Chirico's Rabid Dog in space, his top two best weapons ARENT NECCESSARILY THE BEST ONES TO USE. It took me a while to realize it, but those two weapons aren't even ranked A for Space terrain.

I was finding that for some stupid reason, every time I attack with him, I only cause about 8000 to 9000 points of damage per unit, and pretty much not one-shot killing anything. But every time he gets attacked, and I just blindly counterattack, he always is causing in 11000 to 13000 damage. As I said, I finally realized it was because he wasnt using the top two weapons, and that the weapons he were using, had A ranks for Space.

I feel bad for not noticing that, considering how I'm always careful about weapon and terrain when it involves UNDERWATER, that I rarely every think about any other terrain. >_<;

*sigh*

I feel bad for not noticing that, considering how I'm always careful about weapon and terrain when it involves UNDERWATER, that I rarely every think about any other terrain. >_<;

*sigh*

Now you finally understand what it takes to pilot an AT.

Also Assault Combat is rated C for air. I'd think most people would notice that when Chirico's best attack starts critting enemies for 2.5k max.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Now you finally understand what it takes to pilot an AT.

Also Assault Combat is rated C for air. I'd think most people would notice that when Chirico's best attack starts critting enemies for 2.5k max.

Was referring to his Rabid Dog, his rankings for Assault Combat is: S/A/B/C (Air/Land/Sea/Space).

Of course, NOW THAT I'M LOOKING AT ALL HIS UNITS CAREFULLY... I realize I probably should use his black Scopedog (TC ISS) for Space missions... all his weapons have A rank for Space on that one. Figures I'd only notice this with only 5 stages left to play.

Oh well... I'll do the swapping around during second playthrough.

Top Bottom